National Stadium Time Capsule Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jer

Aug 26, 2003
West
jer6263.multiply.com
In TODAY's frontpage news. If only back then, with CSers covering practically any and every event, I'm sure the location of the Time Capsule would be found in no time.

Heres the link

..yet another splendid/brilliant case of cover up by the big bro...well done..

..yet another case of c3ck up by the qov...:cry:

:bigeyes: you are not scared of big brother? :bsmilie:

Suitcase? Hmm.... Wun a metal detector do the trick? :dunno:

i wonder what else we cannot find..:bsmilie:

I'm sure if they are going to bury a new one for the sports hub, the loc will be mark by CSers with GPS co-ordinates.

:bigeyes: you are not scared of big brother? :bsmilie:

hey bro i redited my text liao le...help me to re-edit the quote in yr text too :p

In TODAY's frontpage news. If only back then, with CSers covering practically any and every event, I'm sure the location of the Time Capsule would be found in no time.

Heres the link

I hope they find it. But then, openning a time capsule after 37 years is really defeating the purpose. Time capsule is a way we preserve our time for future generations. Are we defining future as a measly 37 years?

It is a shame if they cannot find the capsule. It is equally shameful to think 37 years equates history. Aren't we short changing ourselves?

I hope they find it. But then, openning a time capsule after 37 years is really defeating the purpose. Time capsule is a way we preserve our time for future generations. Are we defining future as a measly 37 years?

It is a shame if they cannot find the capsule. It is equally shameful to think 37 years equates history. Aren't we short changing ourselves?

the property and estate management is going to have a tough time... :sweat:

the property and estate management is going to have a tough time... :sweat:
Well, if I were the management company, I will simply shrug my shoulder and smile.

At the end of the day, it seemed no one knows where the time capsule is burried in the first place. Then one might ask, was the time capsule actually burried in the area at all. We will never know.

I am surprise that at the time of the burial, no one recorded the location of the site. Even back then without GPS and such, it is not rocket science to pin point a location. That is oversight number one. And maybe the only oversight.

Er.. we haven't exactly existed as a sovereign state for too long yknow :)

Er.. we haven't exactly existed as a sovereign state for too long yknow :)
True, but a thousand year old enpire still must start somewhere.

What is the meaning to open up a time capsule when some if not most of the stuff you retrieved is still possibly available and in circulation? It really defeat the purpose, isn't it.

A time capsule is what we as a generation wants the future generation to find out about us. Damn, most of the people at that burial are still alive!!!!!!!!

Another 50 years, maybe, it's meaningful. Another 500 years, it will be wonderful.

Good Grief...42yr of history and we unable to locate a suitcase that is buried right under our nose ....:p
My advice for those going to the Ndp this yr...remember to buy a float for yrself and for yr famillies/love one...u been warned:nono:

world first

i love the cross-reference at the end of the article: "simply world-class" :bsmilie:

World class SNAFU for all I can say. Maybe, at the time of the burial, someone, and historian, had the foresight that some bureaucrats in the very very near future, say 37 years time, will want to dig the time capsule out for a publicity stunt.

To preserve the spirit of the time capsule, to show future generations, meaning a time after the people of this generation had all passed away, what is life in Singapore back in the 1970s, the time capsule was relocated secretely to another burial site?

..yet another splendid/brilliant case of cover up by the big bro...well done..

Well this one got covered up so well that no one can find it :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Actually, I'm surprise that they even inform the press that they lost it in the first place ;p normally I guess they will try all means to "cover up" the boo boo :bsmilie:

World class SNAFU for all I can say. Maybe, at the time of the burial, someone, and historian, had the foresight that some bureaucrats in the very very near future, say 37 years time, will want to dig the time capsule out for a publicity stunt.

To preserve the spirit of the time capsule, to show future generations, meaning a time after the people of this generation had all passed away, what is life in Singapore back in the 1970s, the time capsule was relocated secretely to another burial site?

Bro, you've been reading too much spy novel lar :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Bro, you've been reading too much spy novel lar :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
well, we need to hire Robert Langdon to solve the mystery ...

Status
Not open for further replies.