National serviceman needs maid to carry his backpack

ninelives

Jan 16, 2002
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
song sia ! next time maid will run 2.4 for NS man.

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20110327-270356.html

20110327.131123_soldierbag430.jpg

Why so surprise… mom's boy is all around…

why so surprised? i've even seen more than this. GF helping the guy to carry his Field Pack..

also... Photographer's wife carrying all his gear for him xD

Outsource good mah....

Useless bum. Show the front view, so he can be identified.

I'm noting this trend of jumping to conclusions quickly - without any knowledge of more facts. If this was a clearly investigated case and this is indeed an able-bodied national serviceman and the woman in question is really a maid, fair enough. I think as much as it's fun to look at the picture and then think the best scenario where we feel manly (wow, I carried my field pack not like this guy, I'm better, he's a mommy's boy, shame on him, I wasn't one!), a picture doesn't present all the facts sometimes. I'm sure as photographers we're well aware of that. If I wanted to present an honest picture of Punggol End Beach I would probably just stand and just take well-exposed shots instead of bothering to compose.

I acknowledge that it is easy to come to such a conclusion - the picture does look like that of a national serviceman walking with his maid. Nonetheless, I would want more FACTS before coming to this conclusion, since there are possible scenarios:

1) Back injury - it's not unheard of in NS.
2) The "maid" is not a maid, but his very beloved girlfriend. If that's the case, then the way he treats her is not correct, I guess, but that's a slightly different issue.
3) Posed case by mischief doers out to create internet sensation.

I find it rather odd while on one hand your advising people not to jump to conclusion, but on the other hand your making baseless assumptions yourself.
Unless you know the person or is the person in this photo, isn't your suggestions of mischief and back injury a jump in conclusion too?
Do you have any facts to back up your claims?
And looking at the picture, I am VERY CERTAIN the woman in the picture is NOT his gf for sure!

I'm noting this trend of jumping to conclusions quickly - without any knowledge of more facts. If this was a clearly investigated case and this is indeed an able-bodied national serviceman and the woman in question is really a maid, fair enough. I think as much as it's fun to look at the picture and then think the best scenario where we feel manly (wow, I carried my field pack not like this guy, I'm better, he's a mommy's boy, shame on him, I wasn't one!), a picture doesn't present all the facts sometimes. I'm sure as photographers we're well aware of that. If I wanted to present an honest picture of Punggol End Beach I would probably just stand and just take well-exposed shots instead of bothering to compose.

I acknowledge that it is easy to come to such a conclusion - the picture does look like that of a national serviceman walking with his maid. Nonetheless, I would want more FACTS before coming to this conclusion, since there are possible scenarios:

1) Back injury - it's not unheard of in NS.
2) The "maid" is not a maid, but his very beloved girlfriend. If that's the case, then the way he treats her is not correct, I guess, but that's a slightly different issue.
3) Posed case by mischief doers out to create internet sensation.

i agree with edutilos- we have to be fair to this guy.

however, the current trend in NS is that if you have excused heavy load, you're not required to carry your field pack. not even if it's to be carried home. you'll be made to drag the duffel bag with wheels.

the boy is wearing a jockey cap, which is not allowed for all non-trainees to wear when booking out. (all who have passed through BMT, SISPEC and other training schools and completed their training are required to wear a beret). it is an offence to wear a jockey cap to book out unless you're a trainee.

also, BMT recruits are made to wear jockey caps at all times. even when out of camp (note that this doesn't apply to those trainees who've POP-ed outta BMT). this being said, we know he's a recruit. i've seen recuits in my estate, where the dad or mum or maid carries their fieldpack for them. i feel like shouting at them for spoiling their kids.

if you see a 3SG or 2LT getting their maids to carry their fieldpacks... they're a disgrace to NCOs and the Officer Corps

And looking at the picture, I am VERY CERTAIN the woman in the picture is NOT his gf for sure!

i've heard stories of guys dating their maids, or dating maids (if that's what you're driving at). it's pretty much common duncha think?

So far I only heard of Bangla workers dating maids (my void deck playground is a happening place to see them) , but never heard of their employers dating them.
Read alot of maids raped or molested by their employer though.

i've heard stories of guys dating their maids, or dating maids (if that's what you're driving at). it's pretty much common duncha think?

So far I only heard of Bangla workers dating maids (my void deck playground is a happening place to see them) , but never heard of their employers dating them.
Read alot of maids raped or molested by their employer though.

you'd be surprised at what goes on behind closed doors ;)
though i'm not one of them

I find it rather odd while on one hand your advising people not to jump to conclusion, but on the other hand your making baseless assumptions yourself.
Unless you know the person or is the person in this photo, isn't your suggestions of mischief and back injury a jump in conclusion too?
Do you have any facts to back up your claims?
I have not concluded that it is either of the 3 cases I highlighted. Thus I have not passed any judgement without proper knowledge of the case.

Whereas you are CERTAIN the woman in the picture is his GF. You know her? You know him?

I have not claimed anything, just highlighting that these are possible scenarios which are an alternative to the common assumption here.

Is my English so horrible that you cannot understand it? There's a difference between saying that Jim is possibly a cancer patient because he's bald, and concluding that he IS a cancer patient based on his baldness, and attributing this baldness to chemotherapy. I'm not sure if you see it, but I hope you do. For your kind information, there are no claims made, only scenarios painted, and when I ask that you reconsider your judgement of Jim's status as a cancer patient because it could be that he just IS balding as part of old age, or he is experiencing loads of stress, I'm merely saying that your judgement is made on flawed logic, and am not suggesting that it HAS to be one of the three cases, d'oh.

i agree with edutilos- we have to be fair to this guy.

I don't really care about whether you are fair to this guy, actually.

I just wonder if anyone notices that it's just so common these days to see a picture on Stomp, and then paint a picture of life based on what you want it to be (in this case, people seem to WANT this guy to be a mommy's boy). I wonder if anyone remembers uncle catchlights' earlier highlighting of the fact that the boy in the 7-11 case(where the mother complained that the 7-11 store clerk had scolded her child too severely for taking a magazinet o browse) could be intellectually challenged.

Then what your doing is plain misleading, pls stop!
And I seriously don't see why you need to bring in cancer patients here, to me it's rather insensitive.

I have not concluded that it is either of the 3 cases I highlighted. Thus I have not passed any judgement without proper knowledge of the case.

Whereas you are CERTAIN the woman in the picture is his GF. You know her? You know him?

I have not claimed anything, just highlighting that these are possible scenarios which are an alternative to the common assumption here.

Is my English so horrible that you cannot understand it? There's a difference between saying that Jim is possibly a cancer patient because he's bald, and concluding that he IS a cancer patient based on his baldness, and attributing this baldness to chemotherapy. I'm not sure if you see it, but I hope you do. For your kind information, there are no claims made, only scenarios painted, and when I ask that you reconsider your judgement of Jim's status as a cancer patient because it could be that he just IS balding as part of old age, or he is experiencing loads of stress, I'm merely saying that your judgement is made on flawed logic, and am not suggesting that it HAS to be one of the three cases, d'oh.

Then what your doing is plain misleading, pls stop!
And I seriously don't see why you need to bring in cancer patients here, to me it's rather insensitive.

I think you are incorrigible, and this is nonsensical. Obviously just arguing for the sake of arguing with no basis or logic, with no consideration of my explanation despite the fact that I bothered to explain in a nice manner. So easy to dismiss anything as "plain misleading" and "pls stop".. :rolleyes:

Troll added to Ignore List.

from what i see if the boy is able to walk, there is no excuse to ask someone to carry your bag. if you really cannot carry full back pack, tell your officer. asking someone(wife,maid,mother) to carry your bag is lame, what ever reason is it.

does the code of conduct indicates " if you are not feeling well or unfit, you can ask your mom, dad, maid, dog, cat,girl friend to carry you bag" ?