Dec 12, 2002
Singapore
www.sportsshooter.com
Superman Dreams
2004-07-14-swim-img_6810_std.jpg

2004-07-14-swim-img_6893_std.jpg

Hurry, hurry
2004-07-14-swim-img_6902_std.jpg

was this taken yesterday? think i might have saw you there near lane 1....

did the Spore Sport School send a team this year? if so think the ACS won't be retaining the B and C division title liao ...

sorry didn't see the date. It was very noisy esp typical AC versus Raffles but i guess it was in good fun. Almost brought my cam today but after yesterday's heavy rain a bit scare so didn't dare lor.....will be there again tomorrow

Were you there during the Swim Shades performance?

wah..that guy wearing lower body speedo skin-suit ah :eek: :thumbsup:

sehs..your angles not bad...did u also shoot from the end of the lanes? ie directional-wise they swim towards your lens

actionman said:
did the Spore Sport School send a team this year? if so think the ACS won't be retaining the B and C division title liao ...

yes. i was shooting some random shots if i could, for a friend working in SSS. didn't get anything creative though :p SSS did get some team awards, break some records, but i can't keep track of ALL of them.. :bsmilie:

ptwong, you mean, the Swim Shadys la. the swimmer garage band? not bad, actually. just that the crowd was a little dazed...

raymond, next time jio me la, go together :D

clive, the halfbody suits have been available for a long time now... and nope, i didn't go to the lanes to shoot. too much trouble, might not be able to go there in the first place...

clive said:
wah..that guy wearing lower body speedo skin-suit ah :eek: :thumbsup:
Like sehsuan said, it's been around for sometime already and have became pretty popular with a lot of the older boys. B and A divisions. i have about 6 swimmers under me wearing that. You should have seen Joscelin's suit during the Grand Prix in April, almost top of the range (just below newest "shark suit" level). really awesome....

pity i missed out on this one. I was sleeping at home all day. Anything on tomorrow? :p

swee lah ACS(I) regained the B division title.

Damn RI stole it for a year. Time to return it to its rightful owner.

Any idea what the 50 and 100 free timings were for the Boys B division?

sehsuan, the shutter speed is too slow, and you need more telephoto reach. When you go through a collection of sports photographs it is OK to have a few "blurred" ones to convey the feeling of motion, but when ALL the photographs are blurred it looks as though the photographer made a mistake.

It would be nice if you could grab a shot of the swimmers as their heads emerge from the water to breathe. You can sometimes get great expressions there. Otherwise your timing was off - seeing limbs flailing about in blurred out water does not do it for me.

The only picture I like in this series is the one showing the excited crowd cheering the swimmers on.

Amfibius, I was thinking that it would be too cliched to shoot that way - still shots. Otherwise, where's the sense of movement? Would need to pop to swim meets more often to find out WHAT to shoot, but it's highly unlikely I will have the spare time to do so - I'm behind my training schedule myself! :p

But ultimately, it all arises from different viewpoints, literally. Thanks for the feedback :)

Hi sehsuan,

I love ya second pics of swimmers in the foregrd and cheercrowd in the background. You just given me an idea on how to improve the shots i took couple of days back at a pool games..

Thanksz! =)

thanks ordinaryless.

the photo you're seeing is actually a crop from a slightly tilted photo, to remove the visual looseness in it. i'm glad that it appeals to you, but frankly i took that photo when i saw across the pool to see the spectators jumping, screaming... you name it :D just waited a little while for the leading three swimmers to come into the frame... then SNAP! when i look at the photo, it still does look pretty loose, and the swimmers take too little of the frame. :p

Original
2004-07-14-swim-img_6893_org.jpg

Cropped
2004-07-14-swim-img_6893_std.jpg

sehsuan said:
thanks ordinaryless.

the photo you're seeing is actually a crop from a slightly tilted photo, to remove the visual looseness in it. i'm glad that it appeals to you, but frankly i took that photo when i saw across the pool to see the spectators jumping, screaming... you name it :D just waited a little while for the leading three swimmers to come into the frame... then SNAP! when i look at the photo, it still does look pretty loose, and the swimmers take too little of the frame. :p

The cropped version is definitely much nicer.

The swimmers might only occupy a portion of the frame but the cheering crowd gives the big picture of the event. those spectators certainly add 'life' to the picture.

I'm looking forward to see more of ya quality shots!
:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.