National Runway cycling


Status
Not open for further replies.

SianZronG

New Member
Sep 2, 2002
1,417
0
0
Punggol
www.1stjournal.com
#3
really ah? but i'm very sure they dun care one lo dun have helmet also like that haha.

actually i work at the base but i don't know how to help my friends to register.

any idea?
 

Koelsch

Senior Member
Jan 5, 2006
1,454
0
0
The Land of the Teddy Bear
#4
SianZronG said:
really ah? but i'm very sure they dun care one lo dun have helmet also like that haha.

actually i work at the base but i don't know how to help my friends to register.

any idea?
i remember someone posting the thread here. and i took a read. and they said helmets are COMPULSORY. that's why. i didn't wanna go buy one just for this.

http://www.safra.sg/runwaycycling/rwc/abtus1.htm
 

Nov 20, 2005
1,231
0
0
serangoon north
#7
i think a lot of people will not bring helmat....i think they will be too busy to check also ...so many people... i still have not registered...how to register?

i remember last year at AXS station but this year like different
 

Lenscapes

New Member
Apr 28, 2004
942
0
0
#8
got to go SAFRAs to register. you will be given a 'boarding pass' for the goodie bag and lucky draw. last day for registration is 27th may. according to the website. it says there 'Wearing appropriate safety helmets is advised.'
http://www.safra.sg/runwaycycling/rwc/index.htm
 

Koelsch

Senior Member
Jan 5, 2006
1,454
0
0
The Land of the Teddy Bear
#9
anyone going? i'm very interested to go and get the experience. but i've product shoot in the afternoon as well. how?! this is 8-11 though hmmm
 

forward

New Member
May 27, 2002
390
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#10
The yearly event has been organised to encourage cycling for the family as a form of recreational activity. I am keen to go but do not know how to get to Paya Lebar Airbase from Kim Keat/Balestier area on bicycle.

Most likely have to start cycling there as early as 6am. Anyone can direct me the route to take?

--------------------------------------------------
The aurthority should look into having cycling paths for the thousands of cyclists commuting to work and school. The small intelligent island should also be turned into a city of cycling if the people want to live a healthier and longer life.

It is high time that the motorists as well as the cyclists should be educated to obey traffic rules and respect one another presence on the road. It will be disastrous to think that when there are more people riding the bicycle there will be less taking the train.
 

Koelsch

Senior Member
Jan 5, 2006
1,454
0
0
The Land of the Teddy Bear
#11
forward said:
The yearly event has been organised to encourage cycling for the family as a form of recreational activity. I am keen to go but do not know how to get to Paya Lebar Airbase from Kim Keat/Balestier area on bicycle.

Most likely have to start cycling there as early as 6am. Anyone can direct me the route to take?

--------------------------------------------------
The aurthority should look into having cycling paths for the thousands of cyclists commuting to work and school. The small intelligent island should also be turn into a city of cycling if the people want to live a healthier and longer life.

It is high time that the motorists as well as the cyclists should be educated to obey traffic rules and respect one another presence on the road. It will be disastrous to think that when there are more people riding the bicycle there will be less taking the train.

i'm not sure how to get there by bike but i'm staying around eunos so it's okay for me to locate paya lebar airbase. its possible to take a cab down if you're really interested.

i agree with you about building roads for cyclists and i realised a path has been built for cyclists along tampines area. and more roads and park connectors around singapore :thumbsup:
 

forward

New Member
May 27, 2002
390
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#12
Koelsch said:
i'm not sure how to get there by bike but i'm staying around eunos so it's okay for me to locate paya lebar airbase. its possible to take a cab down if you're really interested.

i agree with you about building roads for cyclists and i realised a path has been built for cyclists along tampines area. and more roads and park connectors around singapore :thumbsup:
Cycling there is even more fun. Where is Paya Lebar Airbase, any clue?
Love the early morning fresh air. It is really an experience to cycle slowly in the early morning.

----------------------------
Perhaps if those intending to learn cycling including newbie like myself can open our hearts to learn more about the benefits of cycling then love will opens our mind... ;)
 

Klose

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2005
2,619
0
0
#13
forward said:
Cycling there is even more fun. Where is Paya Lebar Airbase, any clue?
Love the early morning fresh air. It is really an experience to cycle slowly in the early morning.

----------------------------
Perhaps if those intending to learn cycling including newbie like myself can open our hearts to learn more about the benefits of cycling then love will opens our mind... ;)
It's near comfort driving centre:)
 

redstorm

New Member
Oct 29, 2002
456
0
0
Hougang
Visit site
#15
forward said:
The yearly event has been organised to encourage cycling for the family as a form of recreational activity. I am keen to go but do not know how to get to Paya Lebar Airbase from Kim Keat/Balestier area on bicycle.

Most likely have to start cycling there as early as 6am. Anyone can direct me the route to take?

--------------------------------------------------
The aurthority should look into having cycling paths for the thousands of cyclists commuting to work and school. The small intelligent island should also be turned into a city of cycling if the people want to live a healthier and longer life.

It is high time that the motorists as well as the cyclists should be educated to obey traffic rules and respect one another presence on the road. It will be disastrous to think that when there are more people riding the bicycle there will be less taking the train.
Ok, take Bartley Road, Braddell Rd and at the junction of Bartley Rd and Paya Lebar Rd/Upp Paya Lebar Rd, turn right. About 1km down the road, u will come to the main junction of Paya Lebar Rd/MacPherson Rd/Ubi Rd/Airport Rd, turn left into Airport Rd. You will come to the main junction of Airport Rd, Hougang Ave 3 and Eunos Rd, proceed straight ahead. About 500 metres ahead is PLAB on your right.
 

Klose

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2005
2,619
0
0
#17
Koelsch said:
nic are you going as well? anyone confirming going? i hope can meet some cs-ers to cycle with. if not i might be going there alone.
nope. you should go and run la... bmt need to run alot :bsmilie:
 

forward

New Member
May 27, 2002
390
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#18
redstorm said:
Ok, take Bartley Road, Braddell Rd and at the junction of Bartley Rd and Paya Lebar Rd/Upp Paya Lebar Rd, turn right. About 1km down the road, u will come to the main junction of Paya Lebar Rd/MacPherson Rd/Ubi Rd/Airport Rd, turn left into Airport Rd. You will come to the main junction of Airport Rd, Hougang Ave 3 and Eunos Rd, proceed straight ahead. About 500 metres ahead is PLAB on your right.
You certainly know how to give detail instruction. I am grateful for your kind input. Will go and register at TP Safra to get the boarding pass. Will be glad to meet up and have lots of fun. Thank you Redstorm. :thumbsup:

I already have a helmet which is one of the most important accessories when you are cycling.
 

Koelsch

Senior Member
Jan 5, 2006
1,454
0
0
The Land of the Teddy Bear
#20
forward said:
You certainly know how to give detail instruction. I am grateful for your kind input. Will go and register at TP Safra to get the boarding pass. Will be glad to meet up and have lots of fun. Thank you Redstorm. :thumbsup:

I already have a helmet which is one of the most important accessories when you are cycling.
i'm going to register at tampines safra as well. when would you be going? maybe i can meet up with you as well.

anyway i don't have the helmet. i wanted to take part in the "endurance" challenge but seems that registration for that is already over. =(
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom