National Museum

Status
Not open for further replies.

miniUltraman

Feb 27, 2006
Hope I can get some tips from experts here... (newbie here :sweatsm: )The building is distorted... anyway to get it right without using and TS lens?

C&C Welcome... help me improve on other pointers like more accurate exposure, better angle etc.

@17mm (17-40f4L), f11, 8secs. Image is straight off the camera. No post processing nor cropping :rolleyes:

IMG_7553.jpg

Hope I can get some tips from experts here... (newbie here :sweatsm: )The building is distorted... anyway to get it right without using and TS lens?

C&C Welcome... help me improve on other pointers like more accurate exposure, better angle etc.

@17mm (17-40f4L), f11, 8secs. Image is straight off the camera. No post processing nor cropping :rolleyes:

Try the lens correction filter in PS. The only thing is that you might lose out on focal length.

:dunno: no critiques

its a fine technical shot, but pic-wise it is empty, says nothing. Perhaps u can enlighten us with what was in your mind when u shot this? Just to make a photo or to make a picture?

I'm also a newbie, but hope you wont mind if I think that the photo looks a little bit over-exposed, and also it doesn't invoke any feelings in me.

beautiful taken pic..but no object reflects.. ru taking the lights or building?

I think what he tried to record here is the architectural shot and recommendation to shoot it better. Like XiaoMiaoWang maybe you can correct it in PS. My suggestion, when you take such, try to bracket. At this angle, it makes the building majestic. Most of the time in night shot such as your, be careful with flares from spotlight, which can be found at bottom right. Overall it alright to me.

its a fine technical shot, but pic-wise it is empty, says nothing. Perhaps u can enlighten us with what was in your mind when u shot this? Just to make a photo or to make a picture?

its might be, simply, beyond you or me to interpret the message from the picture.

As my set description of "The Untitled Series" states:

"Fred Ritchen: Yet photography, despite its apparent simplicity, constitutes a rich and variegated language, capable like other languages of subtlety, ambiguity revelation and distortion.

This set is dedicated to pictures which break rules, and are deemed to have no reason, no logic, no aesthetic vision, whatsoever. Inexpressible through language, they epitomize the essence of the image: A visual that is beyond words.

Intention is the sine qua non for existence, as one might say. This set of pictures share only one, and will be given only one intent: The intent of creation. And nothing else."

I would assume that this would be the basic intention of every photographic image, unless proven otherwise.

I think what he tried to record here is the architectural shot and recommendation to shoot it better. Like XiaoMiaoWang maybe you can correct it in PS. My suggestion, when you take such, try to bracket. At this angle, it makes the building majestic. Most of the time in night shot such as your, be careful with flares from spotlight, which can be found at bottom right. Overall it alright to me.

Thanks FND. The flare at the bottom right is not from spotlight. It is from the head light of a lorry doing construction work there...:bsmilie: I did not crop it out so to leave the pic original... I already move my viewfinder away so it looks like just another spotlight... Maybe it doesn't work in this case :rolleyes:

You are right... I have lots to learn on composition and makes the photo tell something... I took at that angle.. low.. to make the building looks majestic like what FND described... Somehow I feel my 17-40 not wide enough for my 30D else I will take the front view to capture the whole building... I tried but almost like standing on the main road :sweat:

its might be, simply, beyond you or me to interpret the message from the picture.

As my set description of "The Untitled Series" states:

"Fred Ritchen: Yet photography, despite its apparent simplicity, constitutes a rich and variegated language, capable like other languages of subtlety, ambiguity revelation and distortion.

This set is dedicated to pictures which break rules, and are deemed to have no reason, no logic, no aesthetic vision, whatsoever. Inexpressible through language, they epitomize the essence of the image: A visual that is beyond words.

Intention is the sine qua non for existence, as one might say. This set of pictures share only one, and will be given only one intent: The intent of creation. And nothing else."

I would assume that this would be the basic intention of every photographic image, unless proven otherwise.

Wow.. I read 3 times your message :thumbsup: very chiem... :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.