better go back early after the seed hangout today

Originally posted by xmen1977
Ok
there's one today(Wed 16/10) at NGC channel
9pm sharp

so dun missed it
better go back early after the seed hangout today

u sure? may be a repeat....

ok the official series "The Photographers" is every Monday for 3 weeks, featuring only 3 photographers - David Alan Harvey, Karen Davies and one other artic photographer, can't remember his name. The series is called Truth Files.

All the other shows listed here do not concentrate on any one photographer. For example, the one yesterday is not about Nick Nichols, though he was mentioned and showed in the show.

Anyway i have the David Alan Harvey one on tape. I can lend it to anyone who missed the show.

Originally posted by Red Dawn

All the other shows listed here do not concentrate on any one photographer. For example, the one yesterday is not about Nick Nichols, though he was mentioned and showed in the show.

ya , i think so...............i tot yesterday one is about egologist.

ok the official series "The Photographers" is every Monday for 3 weeks, featuring only 3 photographers - David Alan Harvey, Karen Davies and one other artic photographer, can't remember his name. The series is called Truth Files.

Actually not really, the 2 programs i listed at the end of the first page of this thread, are actually part of the photographers series. Well according to the SCV magazine and the NGC asian website anyway. So i think Truth Files plus a few other single episodes which happen to focus on photographers are all catagorized under "the photographers".

Anyway I started this thread so that whoever thinks there's a NG program this month focussing on photography can post to let others know. To me wrong info is better than missing a potentially good episode.... can always turn the channel if wrong. ;p

Anyway i have the David Alan Harvey one on tape. I can lend it to anyone who missed the show.

RD,

Yes, I would like to borrow. Could you send me a PM on contact or you can call me at 93696777.

Thx,
Jeffery

Originally posted by Jeffery

RD,

Yes, I would like to borrow. Could you send me a PM on contact or you can call me at 93696777.

the tape is with CKiang now. pm me to make arrangements for passing u the tape ;)

There was another 2 programs of the photographers series tonight (Friday). Synopsis taken from NGC asia website. First one repeats tommorrow morning (saturday) at 2am and 7am, second one repeats at 2.30am and 7.30am:-

Out There part of Adventure Starts Here with Toyota: Kumbha Mela

Photographer Raghu Rai captures the dramatic human spectacle of Kumbha Mela, a festival that draws millions of Hindus to Allahabad, India, once every 12 years. Known for capturing some of the 20th century's most moving photographs, Rai works virtually unnoticed among the throngs of people, some clad in fineries and some in nothing at all, to capture deep impressions of a human scene of truly biblical proportions and beyond all imagination.

Iran : Behind the Veil

The Western world's perception of Iran's women is often influenced by the fact that they spend much of their lives shrouded in black robes, with a veil covering their faces. This programme joins photographer Alexandra Avakian as she goes behind the veil to break the stereotypical views to which these women are subjected and to discover a nation of strong individuals.

Originally posted by Derrick
There was another 2 programs of the photographers series tonight (Friday). Synopsis taken from NGC asia website. First one repeats tommorrow morning (saturday) at 2am and 7am, second one repeats at 2.30am and 7.30am:-

Out There part of Adventure Starts Here with Toyota: Kumbha Mela

Photographer Raghu Rai captures the dramatic human spectacle of Kumbha Mela, a festival that draws millions of Hindus to Allahabad, India, once every 12 years. Known for capturing some of the 20th century's most moving photographs, Rai works virtually unnoticed among the throngs of people, some clad in fineries and some in nothing at all, to capture deep impressions of a human scene of truly biblical proportions and beyond all imagination.

Iran : Behind the Veil

The Western world's perception of Iran's women is often influenced by the fact that they spend much of their lives shrouded in black robes, with a veil covering their faces. This programme joins photographer Alexandra Avakian as she goes behind the veil to break the stereotypical views to which these women are subjected and to discover a nation of strong individuals.

Hi

i didn't know about these 2 programs actually, and apologise if i misled anyone when i said there are actually only 3 programs in the series.

However, some very good news :cool:

I was in a church service when i suddenly had this idea that tonight they will really show something about photographers on NGC. I knew the previous nights had some programs related to photography (though they are definitely not in the Photographers series) and had this crazy idea flashed through my mind that something might be on tonight.

So while trying to concentrate on wat the pastor is saying ;) i sent a quick sms to my brother asking him to help tape programs in between 8 to 10 pm on NGC....

.....and caught exactly these 2 excellent series :)

So i had just finished watching them when i logged in and discovered Derrick's post.

these 2 series are especially interesting for me since they both feature photographers working within the restricted confines of religious laws, customs and practices, and gave some very good tips for confronting foreign cultures and religions, how to behave so that you won't end up in a bloody heap by the roadside with your equipment smashed into smittereens.

The Iranian one was especially interesting, since it dealt with the sensitivities of shooting Islams and Muslims, something that i have been (and still am) trying to do........

shows that i must keep tabs on the NGC website more closely......

try to catch the repeats if you can! it's worth the time.......

It's a voigtlander(sp) rangefinder.
Seems like she bringas out the Canon for the sports (Polo) shoot only. During the "sensitive" assignments, it's the Rangefinder.

Originally posted by Sin
It's a voigtlander(sp) rangefinder.
Seems like she bringas out the Canon for the sports (Polo) shoot only. During the "sensitive" assignments, it's the Rangefinder.

Not really... if you notice she uses it during the polo match as well... :) Probably to get different perspective through a second camera :) In fact she was carrying 3 cameras during the match :p

Originally posted by nEkOgOtCh

Not really... if you notice she uses it during the polo match as well... :) Probably to get different perspective through a second camera :) In fact she was carrying 3 cameras during the match :p

Yah. I didn't say she didn't use the Rangefinder during the match. I said I only saw her use the Canon during the match. Not "use only the Canon during the match".

:)

Originally posted by Sin

Yah. I didn't say she didn't use the Rangefinder during the match. I said I only saw her use the Canon during the match. Not "use only the Canon during the match".

:)

I see I see :) paiseh :embrass:

Originally posted by maddog
What's that point and shoot she uses?

I love this statement. Simply Classic. Somemore from another photographer.... :)

that's why these cameras are still favoured for a lot of situations.....

Tonight got a new episode of truth files. The one abt the artic photographer Adam Ravetch. From the highlights looks like he's more a film maker than a photographer.

Was lucky to happen to catch this program on the NGC just as it started tonight. Sorri could not post earlier as i did not know it was on. Repeats at 3am and 8am tommorrow morning.... so can still record to watch if you missed it. Quite a good program.

Truth Files : Reza

Reza is a world-famous photographer with a conscience. He sees image making as a way to help change the world - socially, politically, and morally. He has a special place in his heart for the plight of the world's children and has worked to expose injustice at every level. This film profiles Reza's life and highlights, in particular, his efforts to improve the quality of life in Afghanistan.

Hi Reddawn:

Can I borrow the tapes from you once you got it back from the last person? Thanks!

Hong Sien

FYI... NGA are still showing them; re-runs that is, even for the 1st episode

Status
Not open for further replies.