National Geographic Channel and Capitaland - Building People 2014 Photo Competition

ed9119

Staff member
Mar 11, 2002
Singapore
www.walkeast.com
image0018.jpg

Details can be found here!!

http://www.capitaland.com/ngcphoto/

"A National Geographic Channel-CapitaLand Photography Competition

Now in its 5th year, the National Geographic Channel partners with CapitaLand to bring you an exciting photography competition.

Win the opportunity to go on your own National Geographic Assignment under the mentorship of renowned National Geographic Creative Photographer Sean Gallagher, plus many more exciting prizes.

Submit your photo or find out more about the competition here.

Competition closes on 8 June 2014.

About the Competition

National Geographic Creative Photographer Sean Gallagher is challenging you to capture happiness.

Happiness is about beauty and creativity. Happiness can be full of pride and joy.

Capture Happiness at any CapitaLand property worldwide and enter your photo in the 5th CapitaLand-National Geographic Channel photography competition and you will stand a chance to win attractive prizes, or even join Sean on an international photographic assignment.

1. Take a photograph of what 'Happiness' means to you at one of the many CapitaLand properties worldwide. Happiness can be interaction the building shares with the surrounding landscape and the people who enjoy it on a daily basis.

Surrounding Landscape - How does the building sit, quietly nestled or proud and majestic against its back drops? How does it interact with its surroundings and come alive with vibrancy at night? How does it playfully interact with the skies above or sit during the first ray of dawn?

People - How does it interact with people on a daily basis. From those who live and work there, to those who frequent it for a quick shop, rest-bite or even a date night.

2. Tell us why your photograph captures 'Happiness'.

3. And finally, submit your image for your chance to win one of the following prizes.

Prizes:

1st Prize
A 3D2N trip to a city in China* for an overseas National Geographic Channel assignment under the mentorship of Sean Gallagher
Exclusive invitation to seminar & photography trail with National Geographic Creative Photographer Sean Gallagher in Singapore
CapitaVouchers worth SGD 2,000
Two consecutive nights’ stay at a studio apartment unit at any Ascott, Citadines or Somerset Serviced Residence in Asia Pacific*
Opportunity to showcase your work at the official photography exhibition to be held in Singapore

2nd Prize
Exclusive invitation to seminar & photography trail with National Geographic Creative Photographer Sean Gallagher in Singapore
CapitaVouchers worth SGD 1,200
Two consecutive nights’ stay at a studio apartment unit at any Ascott, Citadines or Somerset Serviced Residence in Asia Pacific*
Opportunity to showcase your work at the official photography exhibition to be held in Singapore

3rd Prize
CapitaVouchers worth SGD 800

Voters' Choice Winner
Photo entry with the most number of public votes will emerge as the Voters’ Choice Winner.
CapitaVouchers worth SGD 500

Best CapitaMall Photo
Theme: Capture the best of life & activities within a CapitaMall
If any of the top 4 winning photo is of a shopping mall, it will stand a change to vie for the ‘Best CapitaMall Photo’ special prize.
Photo entry that captures the best of shoppers engaging in activities with CapitaMalls will stand a chance to vie for the ‘Best CapitaMall Photo’ special prize of CapitaVouchers worth SGD500

Winning Voters
5 Winning Voters who voted for Voters’ Choice Winner will be randomly chosen for the following prizes
Exclusive CapitaLand ‘A Good Building’ coffee table book
'National Geographic 125 Years' hardcover photo book

A quick bump to remind everyone that the 'Building People' Photography contest is closing this Sunday, 8 June! If you haven't submitted your entries, be sure to do so for a chance to go on a photography assignment with National Geographic photographer, Sean Gallager!

Just to recap, the competition is in its fifth year and is hosted by CapitaLand in collaboration with National Geographic. This year's theme is 'Happiness' - so send us your photographs capturing what 'Happiness' means to you at one of the many CapitaLand properties worldwide.

Attractive prizes await! There's $5,000 worth of CapitaVouchers, a complimentary stay at Ascott, Citadines or Somerset serviced residences in Asia Pacific, and an invitation to participate in a photography trail in Singapore.

Don't hesitate, send in your entries now! For more information, visit www[dot]capitaland[dot]com[backslash]ngcphoto.

Closing extended to 15 Jun, from the web site.

We hear you…we know that you need more time to submit your fabulous entries! CapitaLand and National Geographic Channel have now moved the deadline of submissions to 15 June (2359 hours). Submit your entries and stand a chance to win amazing prizes. For more information visit www[dot]capitaland[dot]com[backslash]ngcphoto

Wow, Just one day can make the decision of extending the submission date.:think: I understand the theme was "Happiness" and supposedly did'nt get what you want. I would appreciate you could elaborate more of the kind of photo capitaland are looking for. :dunno:

Wow, Just one day can make the decision of extending the submission date.:think: I understand the theme was "Happiness" and supposedly did'nt get what you want. I would appreciate you could elaborate more of the kind of photo capitaland are looking for. :dunno:

I think a look at the gallery of past winning photos will give you a good idea of what kind of photos CapitaLand are looking for. Last year's winning photo captured "Happiness" as well :)

i-ya no chance leo :flush:

everyone has a chance....just have fun shooting and you never know. who knows, there might be another photo outing organised by Capitaland to give CSers a chance to shoot more photos and enter the competition.

We hear you…we know that you need more time to submit your fabulous entries! CapitaLand and National Geographic Channel have now moved the deadline of submissions to 15 June (2359 hours). Submit your entries and stand a chance to win amazing prizes. For more information visit www[dot]capitaland[dot]com[backslash]ngcphoto

The website http://www.capitaland.com/ngcphoto/ still states 8 Jun 2014 as deadline. So which is correct, 8 or 15 Jun? Thanks!

May I know how many photos can one submit?
The 15 June 2014 is the deadline.Is there a cutoff time?
Please advise.
Thanks.

May I know how many photos can one submit?
The 15 June 2014 is the deadline.Is there a cutoff time?
Please advise.
Thanks.

The closing date 15 Jun 2014, 23:59. On the web site and no limit of photos you can submit.

Thanks very much.

Guys I need advice.
I uploaded my photos onto the website but my photos took for the worse - it became slightly desaturated. Please advise!

I don't think it's a problem because we all face the same problem on the browser preview. You can preview from your television, handphone, other software viewer or anything that can preview your photo than upload again.

Another way is PM photographiee and hopefully he get back to you before closing time. :phonecall

No response thus far. Have dropped an enquiry to them though. Photos submitted too. Hopefully just preview issue.

Dear Organiser;

The capitaland website cannot be register for photo contest.
Please advise:
1. How to register for photo contest?
2. Can e-mail for photo contest? my e-mail: pwauyeong@gmail.com
Hope to hearing from you.
Best regards.
Au Yeong

Guys I need advice.
I uploaded my photos onto the website but my photos took for the worse - it became slightly desaturated. Please advise!

You think the photo was desaturated, can resubmit but you can't delete the early submission.

Dear Organiser;

The capitaland website cannot be register for photo contest.
Please advise:
1. How to register for photo contest?
2. Can e-mail for photo contest? my e-mail: pwauyeong@gmail.com
Hope to hearing from you.
Best regards.
Au Yeong

The contest ended yesterday, why such a last minutes to register, you can keep your photo for next year contest.