National Geographic / CapitaLand Photography Competition

I think they got crafty this year. You can only see the T&C after you have submitted.
anyway this is the link for the T&C.
http://www.ngc-capitaland.com/terms.htm

Note.
Item 2. - It is kind of weird that you have agreed to the T&C after you have submitted which then you get a link to read the T&C.
Item 15. - quote "By entering the Competition, you irrevocably agree to the Promoters (either individually or jointly), using the following, without compensation, in perpetuity, in any country of the world, in any manner and in any media or format now know or later devised, for any purpose whatsoever:

1. your name and likeness;
2. your answer to the Competition question; and
3. the photo and photo caption you submit as a part of your entry into the Competition."

edit: They do have a box to check for agreeing to their T&C.

Last edited:
will you guys enter this competition with these t&c? is this inline with the usual t&c of other photo competitions

Who is Kat Carnow??? Are they flying u overseas with hotel stay to attend the workshop or u pay for your own bus fare to show Kat Carnow how to shoot buildings in Singapore?

They ask for highest res for the photo exhibit in a high class posh ION. But your treasured photo is given a shitty treatment: displayed on a stupid TV monitor and the photo is distorted to fit into the aspect ratio of the TV screen. Any dignified pp would be ashamed to have his photo displayed in such way. Can't blame them cos the they are from the NG TV channel department, not the printed magazine.

They print your photos on their calender, without tell u before hand. They are kind enough to send u a copy though. But the print quality is lousy and will not likely to boost your ego.

Though they want your photos, they tell their security guards to chase u - even though u're not INSIDE their building premises. They really make both their security and u to work hard.

Last edited:
will you guys enter this competition with these t&c? is this inline with the usual t&c of other photo competitions

It is their competition, they can set the rules however they want it. A rule like this is kaisu, kaisi and self-centred. We can just made an informed choice here by reading the T&C first before even submitting any photos.

let me show you a good example that give proper respect to the work of the participants.
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/876091-The-COLORFUL-World-of-Olympus-and-CARE-PHOTOWALK-Contest.-OPEN-TO-ALL-BRANDS!!!?p=7097315#post7097315

I believe they are listening..... just got this in my email....

"Hope you had a good weekend and the events went well.

Thank you very much for the insight, yes we are aware of the issue and is in touch with ....." (I deleted the rest to keep contents P&C, but they've heard and are working on it )

I am only the messanger bearing the above response .....

I believe they are listening..... just got this in my email....

"Hope you had a good weekend and the events went well.

Thank you very much for the insight, yes we are aware of the issue and is in touch with ....." (I deleted the rest to keep contents P&C, but they've heard and are working on it )

I am only the messanger bearing the above response .....

I see....thanks for helping us to relay our thoughts regarding the T&C!

Re: National Geographic / CapitaLand Photography Competition

Dear ClubSNAP members.

A number of you have commented on the National Geographic/CapitaLand photography competition launched at the end of last week.

In response to your very welcome comments, we have included the ‘Terms and Conditions’ link across all pages of our competition site, www.capitaland.com/ngc-photo, for you to read prior to any photo entry submission.

We also have redefined a clause in our competition entry to fully clarify and ensure that every photographer will be acknowledged with a named photo credit for any subsequent promotional use of your competition entries.

Your opinions are greatly valued and we do hope you will be inspired to enter this year’s exciting competition, the second in a series that has attracted tremendous support from photography enthusiasts across Asia.

We look forward to seeing your creative efforts and thank you for your interest and support in our ‘Building People’ competition series.

Thank You

Can't find anything that can register.

Thank for the ‘Terms and Conditions’ link. I was one of the prize winner last year contest, I would like to encouarge photographers to take part in the contest. I have learned a lot of thru last year seminary and photo shoot with Jaff Hutchens. It was a good experience and also getting to know other photographers. I look forward to this year contest.

yup. can't seems to find it. I think it is safe to make a guess that because of the T&C for the competition last year posted, that they didn't have as much photographs submitted as they would like.

Check out the thread for last year one discussed in CS.
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/693635-Photo-Contest-Nat-Geo-and-CapitaLand-Building-People

You know someone in CapitaLand to know that they didn't get as much photos as they wanted? Not sure how you get that idea - if it's personal inference, please make it clear. Else you risk giving the impression that you KNOW that they didn't get many photos, and then you deduce that this was because the T&C was posted.

Anyways, it's clear that they have the T&C posted by now..

Last edited: