National Day TV Shows --> U are wanted !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

myloplex

May 27, 2003
Visit site
Hi guys, helping a friend to gather ideas for an upcomming National day TV show on channel 5. Hope you all can contribute and see your ideas being showed on air :) Need as many ideas asap !

Those who want to help just type what in think on the following areas:

What does it mean to be singaporean.
1)xx

Totally singapore activities:
1)xx

Totally singaporean places
1)xx

Hope you guys can help !

Dun shy leh people , can write any nonsense you want :)

Originally posted by sadness
hi brother!

u with the ISA????

this thread watched by the ISA????

hehheh

yeah babe yeah!!

haah no lar off course not !! :)

the very eligible Mr. Ru Hwa being interviewed by brother Myloplex

1) huh? mux be that one la! complain and complain la! form a long long lelong 'q' for no apparent reason other than to compete wth the next line formed by other Singaporeans for of cos, no apparent reasons la! Singaporeans mah! eat full full liao then go and form 'q' one la!

now hor, being a Singaporean is very bad. y neh? becos u scared, i scared, everyone scared! anyday and anytime we can pack our bags and kaput from our workplace man! damn sad!!

1) that idiotic 'GREAT' Singapore Work-out ritual. i can kill myself if seen doing those ridiculous movements (btw, i'm always in a mask if i'm forced to do... kek kek)

1) that place la! that one la! ya la! told u liao la! u dun know meh... wa lau... that orchid load la!..wa...wait hor, u mentioned placeS, with an 'S' behind place...wa...ok la... i name u the uniquik D24 double durian la! steady boh???

wat?! u no know wat is the D24 double Durian????
wa...u mux haf jus come back from Marks or from Jupister!
that one la... wat Ahpanax la!
ya la... so hard a name! that one that costs us alot of $$ one la...u can see the D24 double Durian near the Malina that area la!

ya... Ahpanax la! wat la! wat do u mean by my England not powderful huh?

i from Fu Kin Univarcity one okie! mai siao siao!

i most steady liao for u brother!

yeah babe yeah!!!!!

I'm no patriot but I do my part for the nation.. ;p

1) An unique identity that distinguish me as a national citizen of a country tha defines the phrase "amazing economical progress"

1) Eat aka Makan. No one can deny that this country's a food island. With so many ethnic dishes to share and many places to go to 24hrs, this city never goes to sleep without food.

1) Great Singapore Sale, FREEBIES collection points, Launch of anything new... yeah.. you get the drift: K-I-A-S-U-I-S-M

and I'm proud to be Singaporean! :cool:

alo alo!

Befor i answer lemme say this ah.....
When i go to neighbouring countries.... people sometime say.... "wah from singapore ah? " then they think i am a rich guy and expect me to blanja them or something.......
"amazing economical progress"

1. What does it mean to be singaporean.
Doono what this question mean but here goes anyway:
Being Singaporean is about being ............ in a safe and secure country..... low crime rate...... no need to be scared of people pointing guns at you! No one rapes in the train while people just watch and do nothing! - Read the news?

2. Totally singapore activities:
Great Singapore Workout......
National day parade (dont care at home or at stadium)
Temperature checking;p

3. Totally singaporean places
Where else?
*sniff* *sniff* sister, come lar.... must try..... no more problem...
CNB wont catch one!... nah try one.......

No, not drug lah (paiseh ah if u never think it is drug..... :embrass: )perfume... at one of the shopping places in where else but Orhard!

Originally posted by yunir_sg
alo alo!
1. What does it mean to be singaporean.
Doono what this question mean but here goes anyway:
Being Singaporean is about being ............ in a safe and secure country..... low crime rate...... no need to be scared of people pointing guns at you! No one rapes in the train while people just watch and do nothing! - Read the news?

wa lau brother!

this one is spot on leh!!

very frightening to even imagine going to the carpark to collect ur car and the next thing u know....... well, not very savoury la!

it would be really idiotic to go around wth a gun or rifle in Singapore. first thought would be 'terrorist'! secondly, u'll haf to face brother myloplex and his ISA pals... hahaha

and to some extent, Singaporeans are nosey parkers. someone got raped in a train and no one offered to help??? highly unlikely.
perhaps they'll jostle for the best viewing place.... kekeke

i'll help though. i'll offer my help to the rapist.
hahahaha
just kidding! :bsmilie:

yeah babe yeah!!

Originally posted by sadness
hi brother!

u with the ISA????

this thread watched by the ISA????

hehheh

yeah babe yeah!!

It's ISD:cool: And you guys really shouldn't joke about rape, it's in bad taste.:angry:

1) Bash through large amount of people at the gates of the MRT doors. Grab and shout during sale. Cut queues,

1) Eat, Shop, SALE.

1) Anywhere where there's sale.

Originally posted by myloplex
Hi guys, helping a friend to gather ideas for an upcomming National day TV show on channel 5. Hope you all can contribute and see your ideas being showed on air :) Need as many ideas asap !

1)xx

1)xx

1)xx

Hope you guys can help !

1: boring

2: sleep

3: bed room

1)xx

1)xx

1)xx

Hope you guys can help !

Hi, this is what i think apply to some of the singapreans...

1. To be born and live in Singapore = singaporean.

2. Jump queue for free stuff, yet queue nicely for temperature checks;
complaining about a 10-50cents increase in grocery/ food price yet wasting loads of $$ buying some extravagrant luxurious stuff.. ;
waking up early just to get streats or today at the interchange;
Switching TV channel between channel 8 and channel U during commercial breaks.

3. Sentosa? SMRT trains/buses? Anywhere that has rubbish bins one after another..

1) Nothing. Yeah, I mean it.

1) Queuing up. Especially to buy 4D.

1) - snatching head :dunno: , is there one in the first place?

Sigh, really envy my older sister who's born in US. Got to select the green card instead of the pink IC. Oh mom, why me... :cry:

Wah.. I'm now torn between giving politically correct answers like we're all taught in school, and the thoughts inside my head.

Okay.. I'll just give it a shot.

What does it mean to be Singaporean.
Being part of a multi cultured people. Growing up without racial discrimination (it's almost not present in Generation Y.)

Making do with the stress present in life.

1) Eating
2) Looking for the best offer in town
3) Complaining about things happening around us. (eg: bus fare hike)
4) Being kiasu and queueing for the free gifts.
5) Parents being kiasu and buying all the assessment books they can get their hands on.

1) Chinatown
2) The Malay Village
3) The HDB flats

Originally posted by Poledra
Wah.. I'm now torn between giving politically correct answers like we're all taught in school, and the thoughts inside my head.

Being part of a multi cultured people. Growing up without racial discrimination (it's almost not present in Generation Y.)

1) Eating
5) Parents being kiasu and buying all the assessment books they can get their hands on.

1) Chinatown
2) The Malay Village
3) The HDB flats

*sigh* Why do I always do stupid things I will later regret?

what stupid things you do ?

*sigh* Why do I always do stupid things I will later regret?

what stupid things you do ?

Like, actually replying to this thread?

Haha. Kidding.

No lah, in other stuff, too long ago, too many to mention.

Originally posted by Poledra

1) Eating

1) Chinatown
2) The Malay Village
3) The HDB flats

Actually a lot of other countries have Chinatown too. :D

Originally posted by cyrilng
Actually a lot of other countries have Chinatown too. :D

Well, they do not have as many 'aunties' bargaining.
It's not cool over there, right?

:D ;)

What does it mean to be Singaporean?

Being kia si and kia su. Being oppressed by an autocratic regime and not being able to vote for many people. Having to serve National Slavery (NS) for guys and being extra demanding on 5Cs for girls. Coping with the highly stressed and costly lifestyle of Singapore with the only way out being to migrate! We have given unlimited powers to the government whose main job is only to screw the people with all its ingenuity and wisdom of its scholars and million dollar ministers who have no heart for the people, only for ways to line their wallets. With circumstances like this, everybody only has to fend for oneself as the famous saying goes "No one owes you a living". This is why we ranked so low in the friendliness survey on helping travellers recently. Culture and custom are almost dead here as materialism and consumerism takes over. Fear is the underlying sentiment as Singapore is a police state. This is Singapore! Most Singaporeans Clubsnappers can celebrate the National Day and shoot the Parade and their dictators. I am looking for some regional travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.