National Day Parade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

at8851

Jun 10, 2007
NUS
www.fotop.net
I'm a foriegner here, I'm very interested in taking pics of the NDP. But I couldn't find the details of the actual starting time..
and any suggestion on where I can get the best shoot?

TIA

I'm a foriegner here, I'm very interested in taking pics of the NDP. But I couldn't find the details of the actual starting time..
and any suggestion on where I can get the best shoot?

TIA

The pre parade starts ard 5.30-6.30pm then the actual parades starts... Fireworks is ard 8pm. Search ard the forum.. you can find some of the timings here.

The pre parade starts ard 5.30-6.30pm then the actual parades starts... Fireworks is ard 8pm. Search ard the forum.. you can find some of the timings here.

thanks!!
but where can I get a good view of it?

thanks!!
but where can I get a good view of it?

just walk around the place and use your common sense. the thing is.....how long are you willing to camp there to get your couple of fireworks shots? :)

maybe can find a good spot to view both parade n fireworks..as the fireworks will be fired from the rooftop of the CBD buildings..in the mean time can shoot the parade events as well :)

maybe can find a good spot to view both parade n fireworks..as the fireworks will be fired from the rooftop of the CBD buildings..in the mean time can shoot the parade events as well :)

Which of the buildings? I thought it will be from IR area?

Official starting time of the parade is 6pm. Flag fly-past is 6.45pm and helicopter "splashing" water at marina bay is around 7pm. Fire work is 8.15pm and 8.30pm. I have been to all the rehearsal every Saturaday until I know the timing.

Which of the buildings? I thought it will be from IR area?

How can they shoot from IR area where there is construction going on, the firework will be fired from a water platform just in front of the IR area and a few skycrapers.

How can they shoot from IR area where there is construction going on, the firework will be fired from a water platform just in front of the IR area and a few skycrapers.

Ya that is what I meant around IR area. So there will be 2 points of launch?

according to straits time they say from UOB building , one raffles quay

i'm actually more interested in shooting the parade more than the firework..
and I really have no idea where i can see the parade and where will they walk pass?

i'm totally new to singapore..

It will be quite difficult to shoot the parade as most of the people are given ticket a months back.. You may like to go to Esplande bridge, but there will be thousand of people crowded there...so see where you stand...

and I really have no idea where i can see the parade and where will they walk pass?

The Guard of Honor (GOH) contingents will start marching off from Suntec Convention Centre. Be there by 5.15pm.

They'll gather near Starbucks.

anyone know marina south there suitable for shooting fire work or not?

Ha ha, if you are new the Singapore, there is NO STREET PARADE in the National Day Parade.:bsmilie::bsmilie: In the past when they use the stadium, the parade is INSIDE the stadium.

Ha ha, if you are new the Singapore, there is NO STREET PARADE in the National Day Parade.:bsmilie::bsmilie: In the past when they use the stadium, the parade is INSIDE the stadium.

oh.. okay... i really tot it's a STREET parade!!:embrass:

Hey, not to dampen ur spirits, u can catch it on tv. If the parade is wat u are after. I be roving ard the area if you would like to join me.

Guard of Honour (G.O.H) contingent will form up around 1630 hrs, to commence the uncasing of SAF colours at Suntec City. Around 1700 hrs, they will march all the way to the gallery and wait outside.

Performance will start around 1730 hrs, parade ceremony will commence around 1815 hrs.

1. The Red Lion Day Free Fall - 1809 hrs +/-
2. State Flag Fly Pass - 1849 hrs +/-
3. Fighter Jet Fly Pass - 1851 hrs +/-
4. Bomb Burst - 1852 hr +/-
5. NS 40 performance (Chinook Diver Drop) - 1909 hrs +/-
6. Apache Salutation - 1915 hrs +/-
7. Fire Works - 2010 hrs +/-

+/- is depends on weather and the actual activities that is happening around the ground.

possible for public to go suntec and view the uncasing of colours?

Status
Not open for further replies.