national day parade fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys, for those who have been to the past few NE shows along the esplanade waterfront,

just want to ask and find out more,

for those who managed to get a spot there, between the floating platform to the outdoor stage, if your view blocked by those damn pesky boats with those huge balloons attached to em??

during the fireworks, they move into place !
which is right in front of us !
i shot at 14mm which was the widest i had and the damn balloon took up almost 1/3 of my frame !!
ALL my fireworks shot were ruinned so much that just after 3 shots i dont want to waste my shutter anymore !

is anyone here experiencing the same problem ?

i have wrote in via the feedback system to the NDP websitre and they said they have looked into this matter.

seems like nothing has been done.

if those who went yesterday may have recalled a few people screaming for em to move ?

what can or should we do ??
as i feel that is the best place to view and shoot the action.

Just find an alternative spot lor. I was at Esplanade bridge with some friends yesterday (I wasn't shooting tho) and their shots turned out ok. No blockage.

Just find an alternative spot lor. I was at Esplanade bridge with some friends yesterday (I wasn't shooting tho) and their shots turned out ok. No blockage.

understand you bro,
wanted to move spots to shoot the fireworks but by the time the boat action and stuff finish the bridge is almost full from my friends who were standing there so i saw no point in going there to re setup everything.

i chose that spot where i stood as i want to practice shooting close up of the boats and some panning.

but i think that the organisers could do something more about it like placing it directly beside the stage area.

im sorry for the ranting but i just want to see what people who were at the same place feel about this.

i'll put up some photos to show what i meant !

*mods if you guys feel that its not right to be speaking about this and ranting just feel free to inform me and i'll take the right action !!

_7251460.jpg

_7180868.jpg

_7180862.jpg

sorry, forget to resize in the rush !

no one said NDP is designed for photographers to go and shoot fireworks, so i don't see any reason why the NDP committee would remove those boats just because some photographers want to shoot fireworks without the floating thingys in their frame.

you want to shoot fireworks without distracting boats? wait for SFF

no one said NDP is designed for photographers to go and shoot fireworks, so i don't see any reason why the NDP committee would remove those boats just because some photographers want to shoot fireworks without the floating thingys in their frame.

not remove but move em back like 10m from the waterfront.
yes i know they got no reason to "remove" em

but i dint say to remove em.
but why must put so close to the crowd at the esplanade waterfront ?

doesnt makes much sense there that they have to park so close and move back and forth in front of that crowd

sorry if i had given the wrong idea.

but i just wana know mainly why must it be placed so close to the crowd.

not remove em

its nice to have those boats with balloons there.
its nice to have em in the picture too but the moment they move too close to the crowd, it just covers the fireworks!
and there goes the time you spent lugging the tripod down and waiting there.

if i had a chance to rectify this situation it be just to move em back abit from the edge of the waterfront, thats all

priority is for ticket holders at the stadium to get the view, and moving the boats back might not give as good a view. just too bad for those without tickets..

just my 2¢

priority is for ticket holders at the stadium to get the view, and moving the boats back might not give as good a view. just too bad for those without tickets..

just my 2¢

appreciate you views bro.
i know maybe im just picky but ive considered from most point of view and i really think that its redundant to place those ballooned boats too close to the crowd.

yes the ticket holders are piority, but could erm, give and take alil ?
just move em just back just alil so that it wont block peoples view.

hope you aint offended by this ranting bro !:sweat:

understand you bro,
wanted to move spots to shoot the fireworks but by the time the boat action and stuff finish the bridge is almost full from my friends who were standing there so i saw no point in going there to re setup everything.

i chose that spot where i stood as i want to practice shooting close up of the boats and some panning.

but i think that the organisers could do something more about it like placing it directly beside the stage area.

im sorry for the ranting but i just want to see what people who were at the same place feel about this.

i'll put up some photos to show what i meant !

*mods if you guys feel that its not right to be speaking about this and ranting just feel free to inform me and i'll take the right action !!
There was still alot of space on the bridge for the past few shows ... I reached there 5 mins before the fireworks started ...

appreciate you views bro.
i know maybe im just picky but ive considered from most point of view and i really think that its redundant to place those ballooned boats too close to the crowd.

yes the ticket holders are piority, but could erm, give and take alil ?
just move em just back just alil so that it wont block peoples view.

hope you aint offended by this ranting bro !:sweat:

There's really nothing to give and take. The priority is for ticket holders and everything else is fair game. If you aren't happy with the way the boats are so close to the location you are at, suck thumb and find another location.

Writing in to the organising committee will do you no good as it is not their responsibility to ensure that onlookers from the Esplanade Bridge, or the waterfront, get a good view; their responsibility lies with the spectators on the floating platform itself.

If this was the case, then people sitting at Marina Square might as well write in and say that the floating platform's grandstand is too tall, so they can't see enough of the parade from where they are. :dunno:

There's really nothing to give and take. The priority is for ticket holders and everything else is fair game. If you aren't happy with the way the boats are so close to the location you are at, suck thumb and find another location.

Writing in to the organising committee will do you no good as it is not their responsibility to ensure that onlookers from the Esplanade Bridge, or the waterfront, get a good view; their responsibility lies with the spectators on the floating platform itself.

If this was the case, then people sitting at Marina Square might as well write in and say that the floating platform's grandstand is too tall, so they can't see enough of the parade from where they are. :dunno:

Yah. And I also want to write in to complain that the 3 stupid buildings at the IR is blocking my fireworks shots from the Marina Barrage :bsmilie:

The NDP is a HIGHLY organised and EXTREMELY micro-managed event, every aspects of the parade is planned to the tiniest detail. The boats are positioned there for a reason, probably because it'll look better that way on tv.

Last edited:
Some parts of NDP are designed with ticket holders in mind, and other parts are designed with TV viewers in mind. Even if you're sitting in the galleries, not everyone will have a perfect view. The view that the people watching by the side get is really very low on their list of priorities, if taken into consideration at all.

Some parts of NDP are designed with ticket holders in mind, and other parts are designed with TV viewers in mind. Even if you're sitting in the galleries, not everyone will have a perfect view. The view that the people watching by the side get is really very low on their list of priorities, if taken into consideration at all.

you got a point here but still does moving the boats/balloons back say 10m look any nicer on TV ?

Yah. And I also want to write in to complain that the 3 stupid buildings at the IR is blocking my fireworks shots from the Marina Barrage :bsmilie:

The NDP is a HIGHLY organised and EXTREMELY micro-managed event, every aspects of the parade is planned to the tiniest detail. The boats are positioned there for a reason, probably because it'll look better that way on tv.

hahahas
the solution : just load the canons with live rounds instead this coming 1st aug !
yes i get many people telling me the same thing but really, does moving it closer to us make any different?
if so does moving it say 10m back make it any nicer ?

hahahas
the solution : just load the canons with live rounds instead this coming 1st aug !
yes i get many people telling me the same thing but really, does moving it closer to us make any different?
if so does moving it say 10m back make it any nicer ?
moving it back 10m may just make it uglier on TV.

you got a point here but still does moving the boats/balloons back say 10m look any nicer on TV ?

Maybe moving it back 10m will totally remove it from the video frame, and maybe that's what they want, just my guess :)

Status
Not open for further replies.