National Day Parade 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonyboy

Jun 27, 2009
Singapore
Hi all,

I am not sure if there is another thread created for NDP 2010. But i will post my bit.

Was thinking that this year , alot of place is out of bound to public as the fire works will be shooting even from esplanade and the old place like the platform in the middle of the promenade.

i am showing this video animation of the fireworks. Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V08AZQW1HxM&feature=related

Thanks for sharing. From the video, appears that fireworks will be launched from several places. Wonder where are the best places to take pics of the fireworks other than the padang itself.

Thanks for sharing. From the video, appears that fireworks will be launched from several places. Wonder where are the best places to take pics of the fireworks other than the padang itself.

Suntec City , Singapore Flyer , Esplanade and raffles place surrounding is the shooting point. Not mentioning the old supreme court and the out of no where platform in the river.

If they dun block it...i think Helix bridge could be a good spot

Yeah! Just wonder about that!

Good morning,

Thank you very much for "the animation". Appreciate.

I do hope they "have-it-all" (the fireworks combo) during the full dress rehearsal as well; so that one could have two takes this year ~ two different viewpoints.

Hi all,

I am not sure if there is another thread created for NDP 2010. But i will post my bit.

Was thinking that this year , alot of place is out of bound to public as the fire works will be shooting even from esplanade and the old place like the platform in the middle of the promenade.

i am showing this video animation of the fireworks. Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V08AZQW1HxM&feature=related

Just to contribute what I saw

Friday night or Sat morning 2am, i saw low loaders along Little India MRT with Leopards on it

Sat 6.30pm mobile column is staged along Nicoll Highway when I drove past. I think they move in at 7pm?

7pm - 7.10pm i saw the aircrafts flyby before that was the choppers.

If anyone wants to catch the loading, I just came back from Kallang (2am) they are still far from completing loading up all the vehicles.

Wonder if anyone gonna go take some photos next week or week after?

the 21 guns salute is located at the war memorial park where the tall white 'tower' thing is. planes and helicopters come in from the marina barrage side towards the padang. the armoured vehicles form up outside suntec.

So civilians are allowed to walk along most of the closed roads?
actually not really. but the control was a bit lax today, so some pple were walking along the road. the marshalls will clear the pple from the roads. anyway its dangerous to stand on the roads as the vehicles involved in the ndp uses them. :)

Thanks for the extra tips. I'll be checking it out next week or the following. Believe they will be more strict on the marshalling. I was involved in NDP last year so didn't have a chance to take photos.

Hi, does anyone know where is the best place to take pics of the fireworks this year, coz i read that the fireworks will be fired from several locations? Is the usual Esplanade area ok?

Tks!

Hi, does anyone know where is the best place to take pics of the fireworks this year, coz i read that the fireworks will be fired from several locations? Is the usual Esplanade area ok?

Tks!

For me, i would pick a spot which allows me to frame in most of e fireworks.
If paying for a location, swissotel is a good spot. Should be able to cover from Padang to Marina Bay Sands

If not paying? Where would be the best to frame in most of the fireworks? Marina Barrage?

If not paying? Where would be the best to frame in most of the fireworks? Marina Barrage?

From barrage? I think u can get only the higher ones n those fired from e surrounding high buildings.

Tks!
those fired from other locations like maybank building and suntec are very small pyrotechnics only. the real fireworks are at marina bay.

For me, i would pick a spot which allows me to frame in most of e fireworks.
If paying for a location, swissotel is a good spot. Should be able to cover from Padang to Marina Bay Sands

do u know where can i actually pay some money to watch? like you said swissotel..

Anyone knows which route (west, central, east) the leopards will be rumbling to after their display in City Hall?

do u know where can i actually pay some money to watch? like you said swissotel..
skypark is a good spot.tho i think it might be abit too close to the main fireworks.

Anyone knows which route (west, central, east) the leopards will be rumbling to after their display in City Hall?
i saw them @ New Bridge Road next to The Central while waiting for the the The River Festival.

Status
Not open for further replies.