Not open for further replies.

ledmirage

May 20, 2003
Singapore
www.xieer.com
IMG_3366_Edited_480.jpg

IMG_3312_Edited_480.jpg

IMG_3306_480.jpg

want to shoot a few sunset pictures and i hear the helicopter coming ... :bsmilie:

ledmirage said:
IMG_3366_Edited_480.jpg

want to shoot a few sunset pictures and i hear the helicopter coming ... :bsmilie:

Love ya first shot~! :lovegrin: Fantastic :thumbsup: The rightmost guy in the pic, I can almost imagine a smile on his face... heheh..

The 3rd shot, mabbe can crop the bottom half & make it pano?

hi guys, thx for all the comments :)

to orindaryless:
i was using a Canon 20-35mm USM. can't say itz a tele zoom len by any way :)

to foxtwo:
i was shooting at ISO 800 for 3rd shot, big mistake. so a tight crop may expose more noise on the pic ... then again, i wanted to make the helipcopte flying to the end of horizon kinda feeling ... turns out not exactly what i wanted, but well ...

ledmirage said:
hi guys, thx for all the comments :)

to orindaryless:
i was using a Canon 20-35mm USM. can't say itz a tele zoom len by any way :)

to foxtwo:
i was shooting at ISO 800 for 3rd shot, big mistake. so a tight crop may expose more noise on the pic ... then again, i wanted to make the helipcopte flying to the end of horizon kinda feeling ... turns out not exactly what i wanted, but well ...

Ooh paiseh manz..

Good shots, good try!
=)

I think its a nice shot.
But theres really a bad thing aabout Singapore Sky....THE CLOUDS, sunrise or sunset are always much lousier than places like AUSTRALIA/Canada...........CANT GIVE THE DTNAMIC FEEL....boring

wanna sell your 300D, anyone??

1)so, 300D doesn't seem a hot item so far, any body regretted buying and wanna sell his 300D??

2)any update of upcoming fashion show in town(Singapore), wanna shoot.

919956g said:
I think its a nice shot.
But theres really a bad thing aabout Singapore Sky....THE CLOUDS, sunrise or sunset are always much lousier than places like AUSTRALIA/Canada...........CANT GIVE THE DTNAMIC FEEL....boring

1)so, 300D doesn't seem a hot item so far, any body regretted buying and wanna sell his 300D??

Hi, erm.. pls dun OT here. ;) I think ur 2 qns are better posted in general talk & kopitiam.

919956g said:
I think its a nice shot.

could you please attend courtesy school first before posting anymore?

ledmirage, that first shot is an excellent keeper. good for you! :thumbsup:

hwchoy said:
man, pic 1 would be perfect for NDP poster :thumbsup: quick someone get those publicity chaps to come take a look!

Maybe adding something like this ?
"Come ! join us for National day celebration !" :cool:

Sehsuan:
thx ! i am now thinking of making a large print on this :)

Did you heavily post-process the first pic? it seems you are trying to pump up the blue in the sky, resulting in a dirty yellow color on the bottom 1/4 of the picture..

but composition wise, it's very well taken! the 2 guys on the right stand and pose at the right place, right time!
what u can improve on is try taking from a lower angle, making the 2 gentlemen taller to take advantage of the bare top.

good!

The first pic is excellent. Wonderful composition. :thumbsup: Just a question...were the people in the foreground underexposed when u took the shot or were they deliberately PSed to look as such? Other than this, the picture looks perfect, I like how the emphasis is on the helicopter with the flag which everyone is looking at. And the two figures on the right are well placed. Great shot!

The rest are quite good too, but I feel the first shot stands out the most. Maybe u could submit it to an NDP photo competition if there is one (with a suitable caption).

behyx said:
Did you heavily post-process the first pic? it seems you are trying to pump up the blue in the sky, resulting in a dirty yellow color on the bottom 1/4 of the picture..

i think the dirty yellow is from the haze or air pollution instead. :dunno:

behyx said:

but composition wise, it's very well taken! the 2 guys on the right stand and pose at the right place, right time!
what u can improve on is try taking from a lower angle, making the 2 gentlemen taller to take advantage of the bare top.

good!

yup u r rite, i did PSed the pic abit to push up the blue sky... wasn't very good with photoshop. Probably with a polarizer will have better result ? i am not sure ... but i was using a lens borrowed from friend so dun wanna invest too much on it :cool:

for composition, as u can see ... the heliicopter was flying - altho slowly - away ... so dun have much time to find the best composition ... i think experience will play a big part in this kind of situation ... kinda like without 2nd thought u will know what kind of composition will work best ;)

Garion said:
The first pic is excellent. Wonderful composition. :thumbsup: Just a question...were the people in the foreground underexposed when u took the shot or were they deliberately PSed to look as such? Other than this, the picture looks perfect, I like how the emphasis is on the helicopter with the flag which everyone is looking at. And the two figures on the right are well placed. Great shot!

The rest are quite good too, but I feel the first shot stands out the most. Maybe u could submit it to an NDP photo competition if there is one (with a suitable caption).

thx for the comments !

i adjusted the contrast abit so the two right most persons, which are relatively darker than the sky, became almost black out ...

NDP photo competition ? was there such a thing being organized before ?
a pic taken 2 months before NDP counted ? :bsmilie:

sehsuan said:
could you please attend courtesy school first before posting anymore?

Why? What's so uncourteous about saying he does not like the sky? :dunno:

IMO the skies in Singapore are much nicer. Australia in summer has no clouds in the sky - boring. In winter you get much nicer clouds but they're usually nimbus. You rarely get the nice cirrus/stratus clouds in that image.

That first image is a real keeper. Well done!

BTW sehsuan - who is the guy in your avatar?

Amfibius said:
Why? What's so uncourteous about saying he does not like the sky? :dunno:

BTW sehsuan - who is the guy in your avatar?

the chap was posting in practically five or more non-related threads about buying/selling a 300D. i had enough that night when i wrote the reply.

the guy in the avatar is not me, it's one of my good diving kakis... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.