National Day Flag Hanging Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parka

Nov 18, 2005
Singapore, Singapore
plus.google.com

So if you can't persuade people to hang flags, the best is to hire people to hang the flags.

Those living in the condo doesn't seem to like hanging flags.

The number of people hanging flags outside now is like decreasing every year...? :think:

The number of people hanging flags outside now is like decreasing every year...? :think:

it's more like, no one's bothered to hang flags anymore.

why?

cos flag getting more and more expensive due to increasing GST!

we're just saving the earth, cloth can be put to better use. just imagine the amount of cloth that can be saved if all households do the same.

then again, with an increasing number of foreigners living among us not hanging the flag makes them feel more at ease & welcome. as sometimes nationalistic issues can cause rifts u know.

not littering (part of a gracious society), taking public transport (gahmen promoting leh, so i support), occasional shopping ($$ moves economy) & changing to CFLs bulbs (gahmen oso promoting) are ways i show my luv for Sg!

how can i leave the flags come rain, come shine & kenna bird sh*t? :nono:

HDB got those metal loops for hanging flags, do condos also have them? :dunno:

r foreigners who rent whole units required to hang Sg flags? :dunno: cannot just blindly finger home owners for not hanging flags if they r not locals to begin with.

Last edited:
just a remnder: the Prime Mister's office is very particular about the singapore flag

and our Olympic flag barrier just dragged the flag on the floor on TV moments ago! :angel:

the 2 blocks opposite mine only 10% hang their flags.

while i agree that hanging the flags to celebrate the nation's birthday, those banners hanging on the roadside lampost, do they have to have it in every single one or alternate lampost? is it really necessary? we already have giant billboard showing the ministers and the people and some more elaborate national day decor at certain blocks within the estate.

what will happen to the banners after the day? is it environment friendly?

not saying that we shouldnt put up the lampost banners, just questioning the qty.

maybe some holdholds last minute 1 2 hang but take out to find the colors fad liao? if i not wrong those pale red 1s cannot 'show face'? :dunno:

r foreigners who rent whole units required to hang Sg flags? :dunno: cannot just blindly finger home owners for not hanging flags if they r not locals to begin with.

There's lots of things individuals can do to contribute something to society. The best contributions won't be about following hollow rituals, but making a difference somewhere. Hanging out a piece of cloth in sync with everyone else may show how good people are at following the flow (i.e. being sheep/yes-men), but does it bring society ahead?

As far as I know, nobody, even locals, is "required" to put up flags.

Last edited:
while i agree that hanging the flags to celebrate the nation's birthday, those banners hanging on the roadside lampost, do they have to have it in every single one or alternate lampost? is it really necessary? we already have giant billboard showing the ministers and the people and some more elaborate national day decor at certain blocks within the estate.

what will happen to the banners after the day? is it environment friendly?

not saying that we shouldnt put up the lampost banners, just questioning the qty.

How about the power needed to light them up with the spotlights at night??

Waste of electricity...:thumbsd:

I have hung our National Flag every year for so many years during this period .... just do it if you FEEL like doing it. Doing it not to show to others but to tell myself and my family that our motherland is Singapore.

There is really no need to comment on others who do not want to do it and really, it's shameful if one starts to equate our flag in monetary term or making a mockery of it.

Spotted 2 national flags at my block of 16 storeys

The block next to mine got 2 flags and the block opposite mine got none.

Also notice the block behind got 2 or 3 only.

That's not even 5%

don't politicise the patriotism of Singaporean. We, Singaporean, should feel proud and loved our country. Let's stand up n sing the National Anthem at 6.45pm. :)
SingaporeFlag-NDPRehearsal-20060729.jpg

Last edited:
dsc01015hc0.jpg
[/IMG]

wonder are they singaporean ?

Status
Not open for further replies.