National Coach Salary - $35,000 per mth!!!

Jerry Chan

Nov 17, 2005
Jurong West
Mind boggling, how so much FAS pay national coach - come on $35,000 a month, he can buy D3x ......D4 ........D5 without blinking an eye......!!! Does anyone really think he deserve to be paid that much?? I think he is over over over paid for local soccer.

Whats the point of comparing him with the likes of other national coaches pay?

Mind boggling, how so much FAS pay national coach - come on $35,000 a month, he can buy D3x ......D4 ........D5 without blinking an eye......!!! Does anyone really think he deserve to be paid that much?? I think he is over over over paid for local soccer.

how much do you think he should be paid?

can't even buy a birkin bag for $35k. ;(

This is the average pay of mnc regional vp, property agents, investment bankers...

To show you the scale, an average nPower Championship players are payed about 8,000,-10,000 pounds per WEEK. So it adds to about SGD80,000 per month

It's football.

can't even buy a birkin bag for $35k. ;(

I thought Birkin start from about 13-14k for the basic ones. Colleague ordered one but still haven't come after 2 yrs pls....

Israel PM get paid USD $4500 per month....:bsmilie:

Even if they pay top dollars for all the top coaches in the world, or buy the top world cup team as our national players, the hopeless conditions of singapore sports arena will soon make these coaches and world cup players to be kampong footballers.

I think they still truly want to improve Singapore's sports teams, so $$ is the incentive lor. I think they are already paid peanuts compared to the English football coaches. Not that we seem close to their standard though.

You should be the national coach. :heart:

$35K per mth National Coach for such results over the years?! :thumbsd:

Where did you get your info?

You forgot to state clearly this is the TOTAL OVERALL Package, which includes housing, car and salary.

You forgot to state clearly this is the TOTAL OVERALL Package, which includes housing, car and salary.

Even so, it is a lot. Ridiculously high pay for losses of football matches over a prolonged period. It is not as though Sing won the World Cup as a result of this coach.

Aiyah, for everybody it is the same TOTAL OVERALL Package.
Do you mean that for the rest of us, we do not have to use what we are paid for housing, car and salary....and so many other expenditures? Look, with our lesser pay, many cannot even afford a car.

hai.. they paid roy hodgson of liverpool 3million pounds a yr and look at the results of liverpool too? This shows that pay does not guarantee quality and results.
Chris Hughton, former newcastle manager who guided newcastle back to premier league is only paid 250000 pounds a yr. slightly higher than singapore's national coach? maybe he can apply to be a manager of a championship league club manager since the national team is disbanded now? !!!

Last edited:
Even so, it is a lot. Ridiculously high pay for losses of football matches over a prolonged period. It is not as though Sing won the World Cup as a result of this coach.

Aiyah, for everybody it is the same TOTAL OVERALL Package.
Do you mean that for the rest of us, we do not have to use what we are paid for housing, car and salary....and so many other expenditures? Look, with our lesser pay, many cannot even afford a car.

AND if Singapore had WON the CUP, nothing would be said about his salary right, nothing was said when Lions were winning competitions.

Look at the members of the team, many playing in Indonesia why ??? for the $$$$ they are treated like superstars, own cars with drivers, houses all paid for on top of salaries USD8K or more. Because of this, these players under preformed why, they were afraid of losing their rice bowl in Indonesia. As it is now one of the ex Lions, has be sacked from his club in Indonesia because he sustained any injury in this competition for the Susuki Cup.

So can you blame Raddy for this, still comes back to players attitudes, yes the co. Raddy offered to quit FAS said NO.

Its always the same here in Singapore, I have been here for over 20years, have seen dozens of players, coaches axed in many sports here, because of the HIGH expectations of the public here. Alot of this can be blamed on forums, media etc ...

Singapore doesnt have the talent pool like Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia etc .... is the S-League getting stale, what needs to be done, whom knows, but if the FAS is willing to pay Raddy 35,000.00, then instead of saying hes no good, make FAS accountable, but many probably wont because the head of FAS is a *** Minister.

Cheers .....

Where can I go to get coaching badges?

Since there is not much demand, why don't we cut the local league then.....

Look at the members of the team, many playing in Indonesia why ??? for the $$$$ they are treated like superstars, own cars with drivers, houses all paid for on top of salaries USD8K or more. Because of this, these players under preformed why, they were afraid of losing their rice bowl in Indonesia. Cheers .....

Agree.

This is exactly why I correctly predicted the outcome of the Portugal against Spain World Cup match.

The best player in the Portugese team is a star player of a Spanish football club. They pay him a frightening amount of money every week. Now if you are his shoes, will you score against Spain in the World Cup match, that can knock them out of the competition? Of course you don't.

Also would he want to risk injury?
People forgot the World Cup soon after it was over. A footballer needs to be able to play in his club that pays him so well.

Same story with the little Sing football kiddies you mentioned in the above example.

Last edited: