National Canoeing Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogfish

Mar 19, 2005
Macritchie Reservoir on 30/31 of July
Starts at 9AM on both days...
Heats and semis on sat, semis and finals on sun.
Can kill two birds with one stone. take nature/ macro and competition at the same time...
;) ;)

Dogfish said:
Macritchie Reservoir on 30/31 of July
Starts at 9AM on both days...
Heats and semis on sat, semis and finals on sun.
Can kill two birds with one stone. take nature/ macro and competition at the same time...
;) ;)

Tks.
What time does it end on Sun 31/07?

eh? i thought it was over? I was there last week for it leh...

It should be over by lunch time coz there aren't that many events this time round.

Thanks Dogfish, I will go down to shoooooooooooooot!

BTW, is it at the Macritchie Reservoir Park? Make sure I won't go to the wrong place coz Macritchie Reservoir is very huge.

Never really recce the place they canoe before at Macritchie, can a 200mm lens be able to shoot the action?

Don't want to be like what reflecx mentioned there, if action far away from mainland, lens zoom not enough.:embrass:

i was there for the a div finals recently and had problems with my 400mm with 2x on a 20d. Good luck guys!

szekiat said:
i was there for the a div finals recently and had problems with my 400mm with 2x on a 20d. Good luck guys!
szekiat, thanks for the heads up, my 2x still haven't buy :bsmilie: , guess with my 200mm I'll skip this.

Come come, the final rounds of the event is on this weekend at the former SPE pool! Jialat, should I call it the former SMU pool instead, since SMU used to be there? :D

eh? canoeing or canoe polo? never knew u could do canoeing in a pool, last i checked, min dist was 1km...

He was talking about the Pesta Sukan Canoe Polo this weekend at the SPE pools at Bukit Timah.

sehsuan sehsuan...read before replying can? your siganture is canoe polo leh.

szekiat said:
eh? canoeing or canoe polo? never knew u could do canoeing in a pool, last i checked, min dist was 1km...

Actually the Shortest distance for this competition was 200m. But since the event is already over, i guess it doesn't matter anymore. Based on my observations, they alternate novelty events every year, so next year the 200m sprint will probably be replaced with mixed events. i.e. mixed doubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.