National Arts Council's project grant scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever received a grant for his/her photo exhibition, from NAC? If so, was it difficult to be rewarded the grant? My friends and I are having an exhibition later this year, and we're getting ready our proposal and porfolio. Any tips on how to make our portfolios more 'attractive'? I believe the works shown do not need to be for the exhibition, so we can show past works. Would it be better if each of us showcase a range of subjects and styles, or should we stick to one theme/project/series each? Any ideas? :sweat:

LazerLordz

Sep 8, 2004
near the Equator
rubric said:
Also need ideas about which places print postcards: affordable and reasonable quality. Many thanks! :)
ZOCards does subsidised printing for student groups.

Mar 8, 2006
Spoke to the person-in-charged years before as my company I worked with had some business dealings with them. Not so easy, first you must have a good portfolio and held exhibition before or something like that. I can't remember so much now, it is better for you to talk to them personally or write to them if you are shy. I'm sure you can download their application form from their website. Good Luck:thumbsup:

since63

Nov 18, 2005
rubric said:
Also need ideas about which places print postcards: affordable and reasonable quality. Many thanks! :)
The following will determine your printing cost:-
1) Quantity
2) Type of paper
3) Single side or double sided printing
4) Type of printing (ie offset, digital press etc) and number of colours (full colour, single colour etc)

Will find out from my friend if you can let me know the details.

Dec 27, 2005
SG
www.zhang3feng.com
rubric said:
Has anyone ever received a grant for his/her photo exhibition, from NAC? If so, was it difficult to be rewarded the grant? My friends and I are having an exhibition later this year, and we're getting ready our proposal and porfolio. Any tips on how to make our portfolios more 'attractive'? I believe the works shown do not need to be for the exhibition, so we can show past works. Would it be better if each of us showcase a range of subjects and styles, or should we stick to one theme/project/series each? Any ideas? :sweat:
It's not ez to get $$$ from them.. they are very strict.. they're more interested in what u're going to do for your exhibition rather then ur current portfolio.. it's best to show them your actual work which u r going to exhibit, a solid write up & concept on the show, and in details ur location & production cost(budget) and also must tell them your objective of the show is for what...

not to miss out, a good CV helps too.

hope these pointers helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom