Nat Geo Greatest Photographs: Through the Lens (Book)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wryer

Dec 17, 2002
Tampines
Visit site
Hi guys,

Ive read on my latest October issue of National Geographic, and it says that this book is out now. Its a 504 page book,with 250 images and published in 20 languages. It states that its sold at US$30 (i assume its US$) and could be found at bookstores or shopng.com . I hope its got the same approach as the 'throught the lens' program itself; stating the main elements in the image.

PS: Information selectively extracted from National Geographic October 2003 issue.

Has anyone seen it in our major bookstores? Mph? Times? Me pretty interested..

Hehe..any old birds wana do a MO on it? ;p

Regards

Amazon is selling it for only USD21... i think its a definite keeper... they have the DVD too ....

it is supposed to have around 250 pages of pictures in it ...

it probably going to cost as much if not more when it hits the shores of singapore....

of course u have to factor in some shipping costs on top of the USD21

but i think its worth it :)

Garion said:
Sounds like its an interesting book, anyone for an MO? :D

:think:

Wryer point point and poke poke at Garion... :bsmilie: :lovegrin:

I almost order from amazon also. If the demand high, we can set MO. Count me in ok.

Im in if the total cost is less then..$70? Can someone help me with the conversions? Me never do overseas/online shipping b4.. :embrass:

**Tai chi mode ON
I wish i could start an MO, but the responsibility is too great for me.. I don't even have a personal bank account (im still 18yrs old :lovegrin: ). Furthermore, i have no experience.

Can the uncle and aunties around help with the MO? ;)

**Tai chi mode OFF

Thanks!

wormz777 said:
Is it still more expensive if we factor the shipping cost from Amazon?

about the same with shipping cost and GST. And that site needs 14-18 days for delivery.

I might be ordering something from Amazon.

Each book should come out to be about S$52-$54, with shipping and GST.

Can arrange the MO? I have calcualted myself also. If I order alone it will cost me about $50, if we order a lot it will only be cheaper a bit and the shipping time will be around 2 weeks (cheapest type).

There are 3 diff type of shipping, I think the cheapest will do right. And Amazon shipping fee is incremental, so order 1 book and 2 books are diff price. The more order the more heavier, end up one book will be around $50 also :)

So.....

You probably missed out something in your calculation,

For books
(1) Shipment charge is US$6.99/shipment
(2) Item charge in a single shipment is US$4.99/item

So if more orders, what is shared out is the shipment charge, but if the shipment is too large, it will be split up, so again negating some of the "shared" cost unless one knows what's the weight limit per shipment.

Again, if just buy 1 books, the cost will be US$21 + US$6.99 + US$4.99 = US $32.98. And credit card companies DON'T give you the best rate for conversion, so based on S$1.8/US$1, it will cost you S$59.364, and not S$50+ per book. And not to forget, the custom might charge 4% GST. :)

But it will be cheaper if can consolidate more orders.

hi all

i'm keen on the NG book. Also keen on ordering Magnum Degrees. Anyone else? Can do a MO for all the books and save on the freight. Cheers

Hi

It seems that it's more expensive to order from amazon,

US$21 + US$11.98 (shipping & handling) = US$32.98

which comes out to about SIN$57+.

acma is selling at SIN$51+.

This is what I worked out, it may be wrong.
Anybody can confirm on it? :)

oopps, sorry didn't know AJ23 has already posted the costs involved. :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.