Nat Geo Channel Photo Competetion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. How to take part/submit photos?

Too bad, i took a photo but i posted online already so cant use it for the contest, will think of another idea,,,, :cry:

The below pic was actually created for my Photoi "Yellow" Contest but just to find out that the Yellow in Photoi was closed in Sep2004 but i only learnt about the Photoi Website on Sep2005... ala... so i started putting my creation to online critiques and now i cant use it for nikon contest again!!!!

I guess i like this creation, but the picture has no luck to take part in any "Yellow" Contest Anymore.... MaMi its OVER!!! :bsmilie:

45165266_69d4e4a1fb_m.jpg

Good Luck to Everbody!

visit my galleries : http://www.flickr.com/photos/wilson_low/

Though the terms and condition did not mention that the photos submitted must be taken by Nikon camera, do you think that is implied?

The contestants agree to assign all intellectual property rights of the photos submitted to Nikon and NGC. As such, Nikon and NGC will have full rights to the pictures usage for any above and below-the-line marketing activities and any other activities. In addition, winners may be requested to participate in public relations events tied to the campaign to generate press coverage of the contest and the accessories range. This may include, but not be limited to, quotes given for inclusion in press releases and press conferences, interviews, etc.

This contest is jointly organised by joint NG and Nikon. So does it means participants has to use Nikon camera? Or it is opened to all cameras made? :dunno:

harmony said:
This contest is jointly organised by joint NG and Nikon. So does it means participants has to use Nikon camera? Or it is opened to all cameras made? :dunno:

I second that, then again even if we use other cameras to shoot and claim that we use a nikon, nobody can tell. hmmm

$0.02 worth

sprewell said:
I second that, then again even if we use other cameras to shoot and claim that we use a nikon, nobody can tell. hmmm

EXIF file would register camera type, no?
Anyway, read the T&Cs, din say anything abt camera type restrictions.. Can anyone confirm?
Danke..

:)

oeyvind said:
The contestants agree to assign all intellectual property rights of the photos submitted to Nikon and NGC. As such, Nikon and NGC will have full rights to the pictures usage for any above and below-the-line marketing activities and any other activities. In addition, winners may be requested to participate in public relations events tied to the campaign to generate press coverage of the contest and the accessories range. This may include, but not be limited to, quotes given for inclusion in press releases and press conferences, interviews, etc.

I saw that too. Absolutely disgusting coming from Nikon.

oeyvind said:

Simply means giving up your rights!! (Hmmm.....:nono: )

arttl said:
Simply means giving up your rights!! (Hmmm.....:nono: )

Aren't most photographic competitions the same?

aimlessfool said:

I dunno about the rest, but I am perfectly alrite with that actually. If I want my photos to be judged and hopefully get some visibility, its rather worth it. Not that my photos will be worth a lot of money. :bsmilie:

aimlessfool said:

Most competitions fail to respect the photographer's copyrights to get free marketing material, but Nikon is a provider of photographic equipment as well as an established supporter of professional photography. So what's the contradiction there? :thumbsd:

foxtwo said:
Most competitions fail to respect the photographer's copyrights to get free marketing material, but Nikon is a provider of photographic equipment as well as an established supporter of professional photography. So what's the contradiction there? :thumbsd:

I dun mind if they use my materials...at least it tells me that I am heading in the right direction...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.