Namibia in end Apr 2012 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelLee

May 19, 2003
JB, SG
Inspired by asterix travel to Namibia, I am planning a similar trip to Namibia. Looking for like minded travel mate to join us.

Type - 4X4 self drive and campsite
Day : Total spent in Namibia 14days, add in 2 days to fly in/out
Date : Last week of April to first week of May 2012 (ie...21st April to 5th May)
Main Area Visit : Sesriem,Solitaire, Swakopmund, Khorixas (Damaraland) Etosha National Park, Waterberg Plateau
All cost 4 pax sharing basic.

There are already few interests , but most economical is to have 4 pax sharing in one vehicle.
PM me if you are keen, we can discuss offline via email/phone.

Wow.. not a bad idea.. too bad me too newbie to join this.. :D

Wow.. not a bad idea.. too bad me too newbie to join this.. :D

I have a newbie in my group, who has only been shooting with Canon IXUS 220. As long as you have a will to travel and experience Namibia, that matter most.

I have a newbie in my group, who has only been shooting with Canon IXUS 220. As long as you have a will to travel and experience Namibia, that matter most.

haha.. mind and body willing... wallet not willing.. sob sob

haha.. mind and body willing... wallet not willing.. sob sob

yeah..agree that this trip will come cheap. not sure I could put estimate cost at this sub forum, I dun want to risk forum rule violation.

yeah..agree that this trip will come cheap. not sure I could put estimate cost at this sub forum, I dun want to risk forum rule violation.

airfare along will kill most people.. the cost will not come cheap.. thus have to give it a miss..
may be interested in ur jb one instead..

Hi,

I replied to your PM regarding travelling in Namibia. You might want to consider travelling after April, as it is in the wet season. Gravel roads could be very tricky when wet and in some places after heavy rainfall there might be flash floods.

N.S. Ng

Hi Ng, thanks for your PM and advice. We should always avoid the wet season. And considering to shift to end May/early June,

too bad my travel plans for 2012 fixed already else will be keen to join.

if u have other travel destination plans for 2013, let me know! :D

The raining season finish early April. There might be risk that end April is full of flooded area. Taking this into consideration, we are changing the travel date to end May/early June.

I have 2 alternatives here.

i)Self Drive - if I have enough travel mate . Ideally to max out capacity to 4 sharing basis per car.
ii)Group tour - Join the local group tour

More or less the itinerary of both are same. Area to visit include Namib Desert, Soussusvlei, Swakopmund, Skeleton Coast, Daramaland, Epupa Falls/Water Plateau, Etosha Park.

How we travel there ? Most direct route is to fly to Cape Town by SIA for transit, to Windhoek by South African Airline. Send me PM for details and est cost if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.