Names of Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Jan 24, 2002
Singapore
8dennis8.fotki.com
Why don't camera manufacturer gives nicer names to their line of camera instead of just D2X, D3X, D100, D200 etc. It would be nice to give names like Lucy, Amelia etc so that next time if I bring my camera out I can say I am going out with Lucy today. :bsmilie:
Also it would be nice to discuss equipment and say oh I think Lucy is better than Amelia in this respect. maybe it also make the camera easier to relate to and feel closer and more personal. :sweatsm:
(Really boring lah) .

I think naming the camera is up to the owner... I doubt manufacturers would like to come up with names as model numbers.

Anyway, since we're on this topic, perhaps those who actually named their camera could put the name in here... :bsmilie:

Mine's Jessie... ;)

Yeh but nobody will know what you are talking about, but will be universal when the camera manufacturer name it leh. I think they always give a code name to a project when they are designing it, maybe can use the code name also.
Nameing it yourself may have some consequence, what if I name it Jessie and my wife ask me is it my GF name or is that my first love ???!!! :sweat:

jeremyftk said:
I think naming the camera is up to the owner... I doubt manufacturers would like to come up with names as model numbers.

Anyway, since we're on this topic, perhaps those who actually named their camera could put the name in here... :bsmilie:

Mine's Jessie... ;)

Well, I do name the company servers, like Frodo, Samwise, Gandolf :bsmilie: It's easier to remember actually, of course that's for development, for production sadly we left it with a more structured name :(

Dennis said:
Why don't camera manufacturer gives nicer names to their line of camera instead of just D2X, D3X, D100, D200 etc. It would be nice to give names like Lucy, Amelia . :sweatsm:
(Really boring lah) .

Lucy = You die

Amelia = want or not?

jeremyftk said:
Mine's Jessie... ;)

Jessie = this one die

Anyway, I like Canon 888

Fa! Fa! Fa!
(Huat! Haut! Haut!)

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Dennis said:
Why don't camera manufacturer gives nicer names to their line of camera instead of just D2X, D3X, D100, D200 etc. It would be nice to give names like Lucy, Amelia etc so that next time if I bring my camera out I can say I am going out with Lucy today. :bsmilie:
Also it would be nice to discuss equipment and say oh I think Lucy is better than Amelia in this respect. maybe it also make the camera easier to relate to and feel closer and more personal. :sweatsm:
(Really boring lah) .

Nikon dun have... Canon have... Digital Rebel, Digital Rebel XT, Minolta have Sweet...

Anyway, i'd name...

D1X Emperor
D2X Emperor Rebirth
D1H Darth Vader
D2H Darth Vader Resurrected
D2Hs Darth Vader Trying to be funny...
D200 Count Dooku
D70 Stormtrooper (Jango Fett)
D70s Stormtrooper (Boba Fett)
D50 (the guy who always say... yes sir...) :sticktong

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
Nikon dun have... Canon have... Digital Rebel, Digital Rebel XT, Minolta have Sweet...

Anyway, i'd name...

D1X Emperor
D2X Emperor Rebirth
D1H Darth Vader
D2H Darth Vader Resurrected
D2Hs Darth Vader Trying to be funny...
D200 Count Dooku
D70 Stormtrooper (Jango Fett)
D70s Stormtrooper (Boba Fett)
D50 (the guy who always say... yes sir...) :sticktong

u forgot D1...
also forgot D100...

ya some girls actually name every teddy bear they have wat.... to us they are called bears... buten they can name them scruffles, ruffles, etc etc....

if u want to, u can name ya camera wat.... u can call them anything, but to others it will just be...camera hahaha

Witness said:
ya some girls actually name every teddy bear they have wat.... to us they are called bears... buten they can name them scruffles, ruffles, etc etc....

maybe they wear teddy thats y? :think:

last time I read in some other forums, someone said 10D is Tandy, 1D sounds like Wendy

ndroo said:
I shall call my cammie 'pussy' from now on :bsmilie:

Guess what will surrounding people think of you when you start discussing your camera with your friend in the public!!!! Not gonna leave a good impression, is it:)

markccm said:
seems like nobody knows wats Camel Toe

heh...
:embrass: i name my camera " ~Cheese Pie " :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.