NAFA Admission Test!

Status
Not open for further replies.

haqeel

Jan 21, 2009
Sembawang, SG
haqeel.livejournal.com
good day people,

ive just applied and paid for NAFA admission and was given a date for my Admission Test thats on the 6th of March.
applied for Design & Media. i would like to hear how is the test gonna be as in what am i gonna do so that i will be all ready for the test.

it states, paper 1: Strength in creative thinking.
Ability to conceptualise your drawings
Ability to rationalize your design.

thank you in adv! ;)

I don't understand the second point: thought you conceptualize first, then draw it out.....

Third one is abit about form follows function in a design or not......depending which way you like

For Creativity: hope you will not just follow trends, but instead develop new trends, in Singapore most things are just following what is being done overseas.......sadly so,

HS

I don't understand the second point: thought you conceptualize first, then draw it out.....

Third one is abit about form follows function in a design or not......depending which way you like

For Creativity: hope you will not just follow trends, but instead develop new trends, in Singapore most things are just following what is being done overseas.......sadly so,

HS

alright. will take note. thanks! :)

anyone here have experience taking this test would like to share? :)

good day people,

ive just applied and paid for NAFA admission and was given a date for my Admission Test thats on the 6th of March.
applied for Design & Media. i would like to hear how is the test gonna be as in what am i gonna do so that i will be all ready for the test.

it states, paper 1: Strength in creative thinking.
Ability to rationalize your design.

thank you in adv! ;)

Hi,

It means:

- are your able to come up with an illustration for a purpose (for whatever applications)

Ability to rationalize your design
- what is the reason for you to create that illustration

In Design & Media courses, no matter what courses you are going to major in, you need to be able to come up with ideas that can be:
a) commercially applicable to your clients or
b) bring the message / idea to the masses or
c) better still commercially applicable & the masses understand your message / idea .

Before you could bring your idea into pre-production phase, you must be able to draw out into an illustration and explain why you think this illustration best suit your ideas or client's idea. But not everyone could accept your idea so get ready for critics and accept to changes to best suit all parties.

In short, one must be able to design/create with a purpose.

Hope it helps, regards
Jack

I was a NAFA grad more than 15yrs ago... i guess abt the same... ppl whom can draw well will be a big advantage.

I was a NAFA grad more than 15yrs ago... i guess abt the same... ppl whom can draw well will be a big advantage.

I was from Nafa 13yr ago...nowadays standard very low(look at their grad show),mostly are foreign student. skill is not important, main issue is you must have $$$ to survive the 3 years.After 3 years, to be able to work in the design industry is another issue. Btw previously for us drawing is very important..nowadays everything oso use computer.

I was from Nafa 13yr ago...nowadays standard very low(look at their grad show),mostly are foreign student. skill is not important, main issue is you must have $$$ to survive the 3 years.After 3 years, to be able to work in the design industry is another issue. Btw previously for us drawing is very important..nowadays everything oso use computer.
Maybe the teachers are not good? Or students really lousy, and what defines good or bad? What got foreign or not got to do with it?.......:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Anyway, for good Art education, I believe one needs to go to Western countries or other Asian countries.......still think (local) chinese are too conservative, or generally they just mimick the West.........just look at the local ads, sorry to say but the standard is really low

Too much emphasis on technique perhaps? Or just no humour here, or the clients are too oldfashioned? :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: Although I always crack jokes with my local friends........

I see very, very good work in Malaysia/Indonesia/Thailand/India, but I don't see it here......

HS

Anyway, for good Art education, I believe one needs to go to Western countries or other Asian countries.......still think (local) chinese are too conservative, or generally they just mimick the West.........just look at the local ads, sorry to say but the standard is really low

Too much emphasis on technique perhaps? Or just no humour here, or the clients are too oldfashioned? :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: Although I always crack jokes with my local friends........

I see very, very good work in Malaysia/Indonesia/Thailand/India, but I don't see it here......

HS

standard of Taiwan/Hongkong/Japan work even more power...

I assure you the teachers that are currently there are not the problem. :)

So te students are really lousy? :think:

I think lazy is the more appropriate word :bsmilie:

Lazy!! :bsmilie::bsmilie: but talent plays a big part too:think:

Well, as the saying goes,
Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

But then again, ass-kissing can get you to the top but it can't make you stay there. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.