Myanmar - Southeast Asia's Hidden Gem: A Travelogue and Guide

derrickder

May 18, 2010
Singapore
Hi Clubsnap,

Just wanted to share my blog post on visiting Myanmar.

Traveling to Myanmar has never been safer, convenient and accessible – it has been opening up to foreign visitors in recent years, with many traveling to this alluring land for its picturesque pagodas, temples and lakes. After decades of harsh military rule, Myanmar is currently undergoing a period of transition to develop itself. With that in mind, it’s likely that many will find the lack of developed infrastructure annoying.

This post is a part-travelogue, part-guide to help people who are interested in traveling into Myanmar plan for their trip. While I strive to be as comprehensive as possible, there will be missing details here and there and I will add them into the post based on feedback and comments. Many are still using travel agents for their trip, and I am here to share how you can plan one without paying ridiculous commissions. We spent a total of $950 per person for a week-long trip to Myanmar (Yangon-Bagan-Inle Lake-Yangon) inclusive of all spending, accommodation and flights. While some of you might baulk at the high price, you must understand that this is already much cheaper than travel agencies (they cost at least $1600 exclusive of spending!) and Myanmar imposes a lot of tourist tax that goes to the government.

To those who are keen: http://derrickchin.com/blog/2016/myanmar-travelogue-guide/

Appreciate your feedback and comments :)

nice travel blog, thanks for sharing