My yum yum eating session at Ikea and Uno Beef House

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotisiao

Nov 14, 2007
Went to Ikea to whack the meatballs but devoured other things also. :sweatsm:

Swedish Meatballs.

Ikea Swedish Meatballs, great value at SGD8 for 15 meatballs which is just slightly more expensive than a meal of macdonalds. Has lingonberry sauce, boiled potatoes and of course the fantastic juicy meatballs! :thumbsup:
3202855919_f3bbff6671_b.jpg

3203705628_c1f495a096_b.jpg

Swedish meatballs and pasta

Ikea Swedish Meatballs with pasta, great value at SGD7.50 for 6 meatballs and pasta which is just slightly more expensive than a meal of macdonalds. The pasta sauce is tasty and packs a tomatonic punch!
(meatball arrangement messy?)
3202853553_26bd5cc3e6_b.jpg

Last edited:
Poached Salmon

Just $6.90 for a slab of fresh salmon in cream sauce with boiled potatoes and crunchy fresh brocolli. Yum yum.
(you guys think i should cut open the salmon to reveal the red meat?)

3203703318_22b2cae0e5_b.jpg

Almond Pie and Classic Apple and Peach juice

Very nutty and crunchy pie with milk chocolate and almonds on top. Classic apple and peach juice was refreshing!

3202851297_79d381bec9_b.jpg

Last edited:
Then i went for early dinner at Uno Beef House (Dover branch). Its at Jumbo Food Court, Blk 19 ,Commonwealth Ave.

This is actually my friend's. But i post it anyway..my portion the presentation cmi. :thumbsd:

Me and my friend comment that the presentation could have done with some green veggies or parsley. This pic actually he arrange the food liao if not also all over the place.

Tenderloin Steak set. $15.
3202850571_5bed9fef8a_b.jpg

Medium Rare
3202849257_5961331d5b_b.jpg

Comments and Critique welcome!

Last edited:
O goodness, your photos are making my stomach growl...
#1 and #3 were great.
#5 too, but the bottle behind was kinda distracting for me...:)
Anyhow, thanks for sharing.

oooh.. my wife and i were just thinking of giong to uno beef house for steak.. but were lazy.. or else you would have seen another guy with a cam shooting the steak. hahaha..

O goodness, your photos are making my stomach growl...
#1 and #3 were great.
#5 too, but the bottle behind was kinda distracting for me...:)
Anyhow, thanks for sharing.

for #5 i was also wondering whether to have it or not. Cause without it it felt kinda empty..if only i had nuts of smth with me to replace bottle.

Thanks for the comments and compliments!

Last edited:
oooh.. my wife and i were just thinking of giong to uno beef house for steak.. but were lazy.. or else you would have seen another guy with a cam shooting the steak. hahaha..

haha..would have been interesting!

But Uno Beef house the presentation very dull and lack colour man.

The food like to place one by one all over the place and a dash of parsley or coriander would have done magic to its colour :dunno:

aiya..i think i too fussy. :bsmilie:

pics are nice... watch for your highlights though. unless you decided to overexpose it deliberately.
your tenderloin steak, just beside the left tomato, what that strange line? looks like a wrinkle to me for some reason, or is that just the heat dissipating off the steak?

pics are nice... watch for your highlights though. unless you decided to overexpose it deliberately.
your tenderloin steak, just beside the left tomato, what that strange line? looks like a wrinkle to me for some reason, or is that just the heat dissipating off the steak?

ya..i overexpose the area that is not of interest.

hmm...now u spot it for me..i also not sure. Possible for it to be heat? i think its during rearranging the food we messed up the sauce a little? :bsmilie:

man i went to uno beef house today cos of your second picture!
and the steak wasn't as good as it looked in the pic. :(

:bigeyes: meatballs! nice shots :thumbsup:

man i went to uno beef house today cos of your second picture!
and the steak wasn't as good as it looked in the pic. :(

yea..their food presentation has room to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.