My xD card is screwed... Need assistance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khair76

Apr 8, 2006
Pasir Ris
www.flickr.com
Hello all,

Just happily came back from my holiday and wanted to transfer the pics from my xD to the PC, when the windows explorer informed that the xD needs to be formated!!!:eek:

All my wife did was to take the card out from the camera(IR-300) and slot it into the card reader.

When I slot back the card into the camera, switched it on, it went to the card setup screen and asked to be formated!!!:eek:

The last time I used it(at sydney airport), it was working fine.
Was wondering, could the X-ray machine have somehow fried the card?... But the camera and card has gone thru countless x-ray machine and so far no issue except now...

So I need some assistance from you good fellas here.
Does anyone know what I can do to retrieve the pics? Any software that can be helpful for this kinda thingie?

Thanx all for the kind help. :)

maybe u'd like to try it on another computer.

I hav tt problem sometimes too, not only 1 particular xD card, quite a few.

usually i read diretly from camera

Try going to My Computer and double-click the drive where the card is insert and see you can open it to retrieve the images.

Hi,
It happened to me b4 also, was transferring photos from Olympus XD card halfway, power cut off accidentally. When i on again, camera asked me to format. Tried reading on Computer also card error. Sweat! but brought down to olympus svc center, they managed to fixed it and retrieved MOST of the photos after 1 wking day.

Just an update....

Sent my xD card to Oly service centre.
Was so excited when they called to say that they manage to recover the pics.
Upon getting back the pics, I checked and realise that they actually manage to get most if not all the pics. Really made my day!!! ;)

:thumbsup: Well done Olympus Service Centre!!! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.