My Works - Witness's First Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Witness

Mar 18, 2004
www.maverickatwork.com
How time flies....

Its been say 14 months since i picked up my first camera - A Nikon SLR, and prob about 12 1/2 months of my time spent in CS.

This is what has conspired in my first year of photography:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v194/Pegasus@2006/

More than 2/3s of this time i have been shooting portraits or making watever feeble attempts to do so:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v194/Pegasus@2006/Portraits Portfolio/

I have had no teachers so far, or could i say i that have had the best teachers ard. CS, and the friends i have made here, has prob taught me more than what i could have learnt from books 10 times over.

Thus, thanks alot to those guys who have gave me valuable comments throughout the past year.

Clubsnap Rocks Man!!!

Cheers and Regards,
The Witness

P.S. : do take some time to comment on how i may better improve my works

Hahaha.. it's been also, 1 year 4.5 mths since I first picked up a SLR too. But it's been 2yrs 4.5 mths that I've started shooting, but my skills still like sh!t :embrass:

My inspiration comes mostly from the WON & PP sections, I can never understand how to PS & edit files till it becomes so nice. :bsmilie:

Keep shooting la... Don't stop ;)

[OT]
For those who have been coaching me and teaching me along, thanks folks. You know who you are ;)
[/OT]

I picked up photography in Sept 2004, and I'm still learning.Man, im waiting to get my first SLR.But I think have my niches thought out, and I know I'll never venture into portraits, cuz i like the rougher side of street shooting.

Ahhh...
If u didn't say, i wouldn't have realised that its been 17 months since i 1st used a SLR.

I think i need to go out shoot more... My pics all kinda the same already... :cry:

i picked up my first SLR 10 years ago and my photos still not fantastic... too bad 10 yrs ago no clubsnap!! now to catch up on my lost years.... let's all learn together! :)

I know someone who turned pro abt two years after picking up an SLR, which goes to show that it's not about how long you've been taking up photography. Some are naturally inclined towards it, others need to work on it. Whatever it is, let's keep shooting and enjoy and learn together! :bsmilie:

Petf69 said:
Gerald, I have to call you senior lor.... ;)

haha y????

and yup, i do hope to turn pro (or maybe semi-pro) by end of the year....but prob is dunno how and confi level is not really there... its a big HOPE lo....

hehe....

cheers...

your shots are :thumbsup:

thumbs up from me :)

Witness said:
haha y????

and yup, i do hope to turn pro (or maybe semi-pro) by end of the year....but prob is dunno how and confi level is not really there... its a big HOPE lo....

hehe....

cheers...

U have our support!!!

If you need an assistant to carry your camera, bag, shoe, model....don't forget us..... ;p

Wah! I also pick up photography about 12 months and 1 week, around the same time you did, and I don't even have half as good a work as yours lor, witness. So ashamed of myself. :embrass:

did u use PS for those pic in yr portfolio ? looks really stuning

I take a peek at your album and I need to hide in a corner and cry. :cry:

Need to put more effort in my shots now.

bro, that is a great achievement within 14 moons.
keep it up. :thumbsup:

ps. mingyann is her name, me forget. pai sey ... ;p

I'll say. What a first year portfolio! It's great!

unlike mine, which is full of crappy, uninteresting photos :p hee hee.

Keep up the good work, Witness! We have a future professional on our hands!

thanks alot for ya kind words guys....

cheat: still got lottsa stuff to learn from u regard mono stuff...... normally talk to u on msn liao next shoot then got some improvement le cheers....

s11loop: yup PS was definately used..spent the whole of october learning how to use PS.....but some stuff like the film ones really dun hvae to do anything....the colours are naturally there onez le....

scud: u were @ the mingyann shoot too???? hehe.....cant really remember u le....

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.