my wedding website

Status
Not open for further replies.

wind30

Deregistered
Mar 14, 2004
hi guys,

Can you guys take a look at my wedding website which I have done up and give me some suggestions on how to improve? Aesthetically, usage, etc. Is the mavigation ok? Does the loading bars work?

Anyway included are my wedding photos taken by Anderw Choi in New Zealand :) to entice you guys to take a look :)

http://203.117.178.39/~pisduck.com/DEB3.html

Wondering when I can shoot in such locations... :heart:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Great works

you guys talking about the website or the wedding pictures ???

The pictures I have no credit as shot by other people... but the website, flash and Photoshop editing all done by me :)

Anyway in response to some of the PM queries,

1) I cannot reveal the cost of the photography package in NZ as not very nice to Andrew. Anyone interested can always go to andrewchoi.com to find his contact and his works

2) The photography for the house is done by a pro photographer hired by my ID. not done by me. no skill.

The concept is great... but somehow I feel the pics are ordinary if you take away the scenary.

Anyway, congrats on finding the partner of ur life!

Congrats and you travel quite a few places in South Island...
Cheers~~

actually, I thought Andrew did a great job and I am a satisfied customer.

All the pics shown are only down sized with border added, ie no PS, no cropping. After trying photography myself, I begin to appreciate how difficult it is to shoot outdoor and get a proper exposure for the subject and background + proper framing, etc. Andrew did all this without any flash, just his camera and a variety of lens.

i do think the pics are great having capture the essence of the scenary with the couple.

Anyway, regarding the flash clip...

1) navigation method is a bit funny. A big square layout on the left with changing pics on the right is rather unconventional

2) Align whole clip in the center might be more appealing.

3) Some pics fade out much too fast. I think it might be better to fade in fast and fade out slowly.

There are some brilliant usage of pics.

Some good places to get ideas
http://www.favouritewebsiteawards.com/

wow...lovely website! :thumbsup:

blessed marriage! :angel:

Perhaps its because I am using Netscape, can't see a thing! :dunno:

wind30 said:
actually, I thought Andrew did a great job and I am a satisfied customer.

All the pics shown are only down sized with border added, ie no PS, no cropping. After trying photography myself, I begin to appreciate how difficult it is to shoot outdoor and get a proper exposure for the subject and background + proper framing, etc. Andrew did all this without any flash, just his camera and a variety of lens.

Some photographers frown on using flash outdoors, but I feel that for backlit situations flash/reflector should be used outdoors.

I can't believe you guys went everywhere and actually bothered to change into your wedding get-up at each location !!!!

But seriously, nice photos. Andrew Choi really has quite a nice touch. Does he make a good lamp-post on honyemoon though ??

the trip was a purely photoshoot not honeymoon.

Took us 12 days :) We travelled in full wedding attire from point to point. Anywhere nice, get out, shoot, get back in. Only change back to normal attire when we reach hotel in evening.

A pity that the weather was not nice for some of the days. Missed lake matheson.

But the sunset at the west coast is really spectacular. Of all the places, west coast is really nice.

cosycatus said:
i do think the pics are great having capture the essence of the scenary with the couple.

1) navigation method is a bit funny. A big square layout on the left with changing pics on the right is rather unconventional

3) Some pics fade out much too fast. I think it might be better to fade in fast and fade out slowly.

Thanks for the suggestions. Actually the layout is not well thought out, just start to do without much thought. The main page is on the left, with the extra stuff being loaded on the right. Actually the pics do not fade out. Just fade in.

But too late to do major changes now.... too tired.

Hommie said:
Perhaps its because I am using Netscape, can't see a thing! :dunno:

the site is written in flash. Netscape should be able to open it if you have installed flash. I tested it in Safari. Anyway it is not written using Frontpage or anything like that so should be pretty compatible I think.

wind30 said:
the site is written in flash. Netscape should be able to open it if you have installed flash. I tested it in Safari. Anyway it is not written using Frontpage or anything like that so should be pretty compatible I think.
I have installed flash all along in Netscape but can't see your site.

tested it with netscape, mozilla 1.7.3. looks a bit weird but site is functional.

any other netscape users with similar problems? I really want to make my site functional with netscape

cosycatus said:

Agree that the photos fade out too fast. My heartbeat increases by just watching the fade in... *pant*... Slower is better. Even better, have a left/right navigator at the bottom for us viewing pleasure at our own pace....

Status
Not open for further replies.