My Videos - Learng and Making Them

daniyal

Feb 23, 2012
Singapore
www.orangefill.com
27th March 2012 - Dragon Naga

Hi People,

I bought a CineSkates. Went out to do some test shots.

This time, I was trying to shoot it flat and try to do more in post. I guess, I still got a lot to learn.

Shoot mode : Sharp - all the way to the left. Contrast - all the way to the left. Saturation - One click to the left. Neutral mode.
Lens : 18-135mm
Camera : Canon 60D
Others : CineSkates and not forgetting a smooth wooden plank.

CineSkates
- Love the product.
- Very portable and less carrying space.
- Flexible (JoliPod) and sturdy (depending on your camera set-up )
- The only set back is you need a really smooth surface, if not, all your shots will be bumpy.

I do welcome comments, feedbacks, pointers, tips and even scrutinizations (hope I spelt it correctly).

[youtubehq]U9U0CqPOaBM[/youtubehq]

Last edited:
Reactions: catchlights
That's a nice video! I feel inspired to get one myself, haha. Had trouble deciding between this or the cinevate trawly but eventually decided to put the idea on hold~

Tampines?

IF this video took the heart and makes people think of the good times we use to have playing in the playground, you've nailed it! It brings back memories and I myself feel inspired watching you clip. Well done :) ( newbie point of view )

Duffo>>> Thanks for the comments. To give you an idea about CineSkates. You may want to look at Pico Dolly. After working with CineSkates for 4 hours at the playground, I find that the Joli Pod becoming irritating because once in a while you need to adjust the pod. Not forgetting, to adjust the skates in order for it move straight not in circle. This limitation, I can live with it. Because, if I took away the skates, the Joli Pod can be my back up tripod. Still, CineSkates the workmanship and quality is fantastic. You get what you pay for.

elevenith>>> Toa Payoh Lor 5. You need to go in via Lorong 5. There is another one at Toa Payoh also but upgraded; No Sand. You should check out the one at Whampoa Drive (I think)..The Dragon is spiral version. Untouched. The last Dragon will be at Ang Mo Kio Ave 3.

Deedeeyaw22X>>> Thanks Mate. I am also a newbie. Just pick up this hobby about 2 months only.

Last edited:
ed9119>>> Wow! It means a lot to me for a newbie. Thanks a million.

UPDATED - 2nd April 2012

Over the weekend, I went down to Johor Bahru to do another video project for learning purpose.
- Kinda Jump the Gun.
- Was trying to shoot in the rain.
- Playing around F8-F11 as couple of my friends advised me to do that if I want to have clear foreground and background.
- Was trying out the Shutter Speed, ISO and Aperture adjustments that I learned from one of Vimeo Video School videos. Once you set your shutter speed(180 rule), you can only adjust either Aperture and ISO settings.
- Editing is a killer once again for me. Cannot get it right.

Johor Straits Paintball Cup - Day 1 - 31 March 2012

[youtubehd]B4YRRrQG9zo[/youtubehd]

Johor Straits Paintball Cup - Day 2 - 1 April 2012

[youtubehd]AiDAlqTYu_s[/youtubehd]

Last edited:
27th March 2012 - Dragon Naga

Hi People,

I bought a CineSkates. Went out to do some test shots.

This time, I was trying to shoot it flat and try to do more in post. I guess, I still got a lot to learn.

Shoot mode : Sharp - all the way to the left. Contrast - all the way to the left. Saturation - One click to the left. Neutral mode.
Lens : 18-135mm
Camera : Canon 60D
Others : CineSkates and not forgetting a smooth wooden plank.

CineSkates
- Love the product.
- Very portable and less carrying space.
- Flexible (JoliPod) and sturdy (depending on your camera set-up )
- The only set back is you need a really smooth surface, if not, all your shots will be bumpy.

I do welcome comments, feedbacks, pointers, tips and even scrutinizations (hope I spelt it correctly).

[youtubehq]U9U0CqPOaBM[/youtubehq]

it's a nice attempt, it's good video while you're mucking around with your dolly.

the only part i liked, is the ending words. I do not know that only 4 remains, and your ending words said "stood the test of time".

for me, that's the story, that was what intrigued me. and those words immediately made me feel that your shots weren't relevant at all to what you wanted to portray.

there's always a reason to move the camera, side dolly, dolly in, dolly out, boom up, tilt down, steadicam motion track etc. dynamic camera movement plays a very large part in bringing
a viewer through your story flow, along with the difficulties of framing it correctly. If there isn't any real purpose in moving the camera, perhaps it's better to do a dead static shot, if it helps
in telling your story. If not, then it's just another "nice" movement shot. it has to be done for a purpose.

"Stood the test of time", i would've liked to see more detailed close-up shots to reinforce your tagline. Perhaps you didn't actively think about your storyboard to coincide with your video message.
If you intended a message of saying that our landscape development does not cherish much of the heartlander's heritage, then you would've shot differently; and it could be a very massive project
requiring more shots and more research.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice piece of work at your own 1 person attempt :) it's great effort, and that already makes you better than most wannabes. while techniques of production and post-production
can always be easily sought online, I felt i needed to share with you about what I think that you may be missing.

when you think actively about what you want to shoot, your resultant product will be more compelling in its delivery.

Kabloooie>>> Your comments are greatly appreciated! Thank you so much for pointing out. :)

I was playing with my memories. I played at this playground while I was a kid. 20 years later, it didn't change a bit. Especially the mosaic tiles. Just as it was 20 years ago.

Seriously, I really appreciate in what you have just mentioned. I will work on it and I will try to have better understanding. And the same time, I was trying to have more shooting time so as to prepare myself for the Canon EOS Movie Course which I will be attending at the end of the month.

"" when you think actively about what you want to shoot, your resultant product will be more compelling in its delivery. ""
"" Stood the test of time", i would've liked to see more detailed close-up shots to reinforce your tagline.""
- Compelling? I am not sure. But yes, I would have shot it differently. You just made me remembered those rusty railings, yellowish marble tiles, peeled paints from the ladder.

"" there's always a reason to move the camera ""
- I may or may not have the full grasp of this. I will work on it. I will work on my story telling.
- Whatever you have shared, I will take note every single one of them.

Bro, do come back to this thread once a while or whenever I uploaded a new video. Do give comments just like what you did. I really appreciate it a lot. It really helps me in my learning process. :D

Thank you Bro Kabloooie

Last edited:
LATEST - 7th April 2012

A wedding photographer was telling me that I should not buy ND Fader as it is useful for landscape and river phototaking. I also did some reading up and checking in the internet. And, yes, they mentioned the same thing about ND filter or ND Fader filter is best for river flowing pictures. It has this smoothen effect. So, I took my camera and test it out on video mode.

- Shot between 1/125, 1/400, 1/2000 and 1/4000
- Aperture was playing between F/4, F/11 and F/16
- ISO maintained at 320 or 640
- 35mm Samyang Lens

[youtubehd]X4LaVDq96Ng[/youtubehd]

Y no gd for video

lol.

I mean why did they ask you to not get the ND fader.

Bro eleveninth >>> Oh...He mentioned that ND Fader will limit the amount of light that I will be needing for normal video/photgraphy or wedding videography/photography. Unless, they mentioned my craft is more on landscape or river, then it is useful. Still, I bought it just in case I will be shooting another paintball event under the hot sun. ND fader will come handy. One paintball videographer in US also advised me to get the ND Fader as it is best to shoot running players as it will increase the contrast. :)

the ND fader is for when u want to get a shallow dof in the day..

[video=youtube;Jp353Q_P04c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Jp353Q_P04c[/video]

Last edited:
Bro eleveninth >>> You just made me orgasm!!! :D :D Thanks for the link man! I cannot sleep tonight !!!!

Last edited:
Bro eleveninth >>> You just made me orgasm!!! :D :D Thanks for the link man! I cannot sleep tonight !!!!

no problem :)

that's what the ND fader is for.

Bro eleveninth>>> THAT ND FADER WORKS MAGIC !!! Went to Koh Samui over the weekend, man, freaking hot. Exactly what the link that you gave, it works !! All I need is to play with my fader instead of meddling with my settings. Saves a lot of time.

Bro eleveninth>>> THAT ND FADER WORKS MAGIC !!! Went to Koh Samui over the weekend, man, freaking hot. Exactly what the link that you gave, it works !! All I need is to play with my fader instead of meddling with my settings. Saves a lot of time.

good job!

where the video at ?? :cool:

Bro eleveninth>>> Just a simple home made video. Nothing much. As the day passed by, I forgot to rotate my fader back accordingly. Seriously, it saves a lot of time. Worth every penny I spent on the Fader. :)

[youtubehd]J5bemf8-hnw[/youtubehd]

Last edited: