My very first Panasonic Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hong Jia said:
No financial backing to go to the dark side lehz... too expensive...

So r u joining us this weekend for the Broadwalk shoot... hmmmz i think i should go bump up that thread a bit...

Plug #03

*RADAR UP AGAIN*
Yah man... I TOTALLY understand how you feel... You won't believe how many times I almost bought D70s and everything else. Haha... Won't do the breakdown now but calculated if I wanted to be comfortable with a decent lens I'll need to set aside about $3000 at least. (Includes flash, HD, extra lens, filters, CF card... blah blah blah...)

I think I'll wait first till my little blue DBS book gives me the green light. :embrass:

pssst josh, I think i can't afford your lens already. But it's seriously a fantastic buy...

*RADAR DOWN*

natnivek said:
*RADAR UP AGAIN*
Yah man... I TOTALLY understand how you feel... You won't believe how many times I almost bought D70s and everything else. Haha... Won't do the breakdown now but calculated if I wanted to be comfortable with a decent lens I'll need to set aside about $3000 at least. (Includes flash, HD, extra lens, filters, CF card... blah blah blah...)

I think I'll wait first till my little blue DBS book gives me the green light. :embrass:

pssst josh, I think i can't afford your lens already. But it's seriously a fantastic buy...

*RADAR DOWN*

Half working...? got a bit of financial support mahz...???

Me have to wait till Industrial Attachment comes and see how lor... still pocket very tight... but then again... It is only the bokeh and the fast AF on DSLR that really attracts me... But if no money to buy fast len eg. F2.8... will still be very restricted by the f stop and zoom range...

Poor guys can only envy...

Hong Jia said:

Me have to wait till Industrial Attachment comes and see how lor... still pocket very tight... but then again... It is only the bokeh and the fast AF on DSLR that really attracts me... But if no money to buy fast len eg. F2.8... will still be very restricted by the f stop and zoom range...

*RADAR SPOILT*
Haha... Working doesn't mean got no other commitments mah... And the bokeh (Bo geh?) enough to make me drool... I don't think so much about the faster AF. The more impt things to me are the noise free high ISOs, optical viewfinder and TTL.

Other than that, it's bigger, heavier, much more expensive, not as versatile if you don't have the right lens, and the BBB germ mutates into something really scary. (Poor man alert!)

At the end of the day i was asking myself if I would be happier with my fz20 and all it's flaws and have more cash in my pocket and STILL can take relatively decent shots. Haha...

But trust me, the day I think I can afford it, I'm jumping. Not because the fz20 is lousy. But rather I think a DSLR opens up so much more possibility in a person's camera skills.

Hong Jia said:

Don't be misled ,,,, you don't need F2.8 lenses to shoot decent and good pics ,,,,, I am living proof of that :embrass: .....it's all in the mind... now repeat after me :bigeyes:

Don't Just BUY BUY BUY ........Don't just BUY BUY BUY

DSLR handles very differently from your FZ cameras as most of you have already found out and the rest will soon do. F2.8 lenses don't necessarily give you faster focusing and you don't solely rely on F2.8 lenses to shoot better in low light condition (What happened to your photography basics like using a tripod, flash, etc.) FZ10/20 also gives good bokeh effect (like DSLR) if you know the proper technique.

However when using a DSLR, you can always step up the ISO to reve up the shutter speed and of course the AF will definitely be faster than your point and shoot cameras. :thumbsup:

Zenten said:
Don't be misled ,,,, you don't need F2.8 lenses to shoot decent and good pics ,,,,, I am living proof of that :embrass: .....it's all in the mind... now repeat after me :bigeyes:

Don't Just BUY BUY BUY ........Don't just BUY BUY BUY

:nono: F2.8 cannot make it ....

come come...28mm f1.4, 50mm f1.4m, 85mm f1.4 :devil:

rhair78 said:
:nono: F2.8 cannot make it ....

come come...28mm f1.4, 50mm f1.4m, 85mm f1.4 :devil:

85mm f1.4 is very very solid, the bokeh much better than 50mm f1.4.... but it oso have to depends on the photographer too... whahaaa...

Hong Jia said:
85mm f1.4 is very very solid, the bokeh much better than 50mm f1.4.... but it oso have to depends on the photographer too... whahaaa...

With F1.4 everything also Bokeh but if your pocket not deep enough .... tak boleh!! ;)

Then again if you guys like Bokeh so much, you might as well consider bringing your own backdrop for all your shoots .....then everything behind will be bokeh......boleh? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.