My "Unlucky" Day at Panasonic CSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

theITguy

Sep 19, 2003
In this small world
Visit site
Hi all, today went to Panasonic Customer service centre to sent in my mother's microwave oven warranty plus payment for extended warranty. I did not know there is a need for the receipt for extended warranty, so when the gal ask me for it, I say dun have. Then she say it is needed, with me replying that it is a gift from my relative so I do not have the receipt for it..... then she continue to say that I will still need a receipt..... After this incident I already no mood to ask her if there is any firmware upgrade for my FX2 man.

She went in, probably ask her supervisor how, then come out asking me what I intend to pay by.... The way she response sound like she is a machine. Made my payment, she gave me a receipt, then I sit there dunno what is the next step. Think for a while, ask her "is that all"? She say yes, did not even look at me when telling me, busy trying to pack the forms I wrote etc. No thank you no have a nice day blah blah blah.... So robotic...... I know I did not have a lot of power to talk anything, yet I think if the CSO are like that, how am I going to continue buying your Panasonic products in the future? My family bought a Panasonic TV, DVD player, FX2 and now the microwave oven, which I can sense more may be coming in the future due to happiness in the usage. But if there is something wrong it will only show their below level service quality.

OK my Panasonic man, where is the feedback email address that I can get this straight so I can happily buy and use the products, without fear of below par aftersales service?

SOund bad to me.
I truly agree with u. Customer Service Front desk must give the customer a pleasant day.. guess that realyl spoilt ur mood...

theITguy said:
Hi all, today went to Panasonic Customer service centre to sent in my mother's microwave oven warranty plus payment for extended warranty. I did not know there is a need for the receipt for extended warranty, so when the gal ask me for it, I say dun have. Then she say it is needed, with me replying that it is a gift from my relative so I do not have the receipt for it..... then she continue to say that I will still need a receipt..... After this incident I already no mood to ask her if there is any firmware upgrade for my FX2 man.

She went in, probably ask her supervisor how, then come out asking me what I intend to pay by.... The way she response sound like she is a machine. Made my payment, she gave me a receipt, then I sit there dunno what is the next step. Think for a while, ask her "is that all"? She say yes, did not even look at me when telling me, busy trying to pack the forms I wrote etc. No thank you no have a nice day blah blah blah.... So robotic...... I know I did not have a lot of power to talk anything, yet I think if the CSO are like that, how am I going to continue buying your Panasonic products in the future? My family bought a Panasonic TV, DVD player, FX2 and now the microwave oven, which I can sense more may be coming in the future due to happiness in the usage. But if there is something wrong it will only show their below level service quality.

OK my Panasonic man, where is the feedback email address that I can get this straight so I can happily buy and use the products, without fear of below par aftersales service?

You have the name of the CS who serve you ?

next time take note of her note and complain to the manager :cool:

I recalled abt 2 mths back when i try to called Panasonic "Hotline" just to ask a technical question. The phone system keep looping and i tell myself to be patient. After abt 30 mins, my ear gets real hot and i had to switched to speaker phone. Another 30 mins later i give up.

Look up their website and send an email instead. It has been 2 mths and nothing happen. Super out of this world after sales service i would say. Bravo Panosonic keep it up! :bsmilie:

Can't believe the attitute of this staff...from a reknown jap company.....they might need to "kowtow" if this is in Japan.....maybe you send them a piece of your mind? :think:

Big Kahuna said:
Can't believe the attitute of this staff...from a reknown jap company.....they might need to "kowtow" if this is in Japan.....maybe you send them a piece of your mind? :think:

hmmm........HELLO~~~ this earth calling mars.......

this is singapore leh, not japan. we don't anyhow kowtow pple one except maybe during a "song kai"

Actually I prefer this kind of robotic customer service staff, better than those "act-cute" or "act-friendly" kind.

Life in Singapore can be boring sometime. Forget and forgive.

sunkist said:
Life in Singapore can be boring sometime. Forget and forgive.

strongly agree...

customer service in singapore is really getting bad...

need to buck up and put in effort...

k3nn3th03 said:
strongly agree...

customer service in singapore is really getting bad...

need to buck up and put in effort...
Mind if i add u to icq?

Hey I am in the service line...sometimes its the customers who spoils our day... :sweatsm:
But according to his account...well i guess that was bad...I went there before to get my GD88 phone firmware upgrade the last time...the service was very polite and great...
But I do agree that Singapore's customer service is...going down...erm...but the worse part is when u done ur best...still get complains..haiz :bheart:

It all boil dwn to pride at work. Anyway jus relax loh. I dun expect anyone to say good morning, good bye. Cos u dun own me a living anyway. :)

Hi all, it is not that I hate her or dislike her etc. What I am puzzled by is that her job is to provide a service, with a correct response and attitude to the receiving customer. If anyone wants to debate on this I prefer not to, as I firmly believes that by buying a product with a warranty, within this warranty period there must be a minimum level of service provided (yes they get paid with us fueling the company's coffers). I do not scold any service staff at their face, unless insulted or being rude to me.

Anyway, I was there at about 3-3.30pm, at counter 1. My Q number is 99. She is a bit skinny, long hair (tied), chinese and in her late 20s. She do not have a name tag on her cloth, which I find strange and does not look good for big companies like Panasonic. Yes they have uniform but a name tag says a lot more than just a face.

Treat unto others how you want others to treat unto you.
So even if you got treated like ****, just smile and be courteous.
Your friendliness will surely move the others around :bsmilie:

Did the Panasonic staff did anything wrong? I saw that she has done everything that theITguy needed, except she did not smile to theITguy.

In fact, theITguy did not bring the receipt, but the Panasonic staff went to discuss with her supervisor and waived that requirement. Is that not good enough?

theITguy said:
Hi all, it is not that I hate her or dislike her etc. What I am puzzled by is that her job is to provide a service, with a correct response and attitude to the receiving customer. If anyone wants to debate on this I prefer not to, as I firmly believes that by buying a product with a warranty, within this warranty period there must be a minimum level of service provided (yes they get paid with us fueling the company's coffers). I do not scold any service staff at their face, unless insulted or being rude to me.

Anyway, I was there at about 3-3.30pm, at counter 1. My Q number is 99. She is a bit skinny, long hair (tied), chinese and in her late 20s. She do not have a name tag on her cloth, which I find strange and does not look good for big companies like Panasonic. Yes they have uniform but a name tag says a lot more than just a face.

oki..will help u to trace, but i think i know who.

keith10w said:
oki..will help u to trace, but i think i know who.
Keith, CSM is very important to the service industry. I have used many Panasonic products. Has not reached the point that I need to visit Panasonic CSC. However, I hope you would listen to both parties first before any action.

It's good that CS members have feedback. This would lead to improvement, I hope. Keep it up!

LifeWorld said:
Keith, CSM is very important to the service industry. I have used many Panasonic products. Has not reached the point that I need to visit Panasonic CSC. However, I hope you would listen to both parties first before any action.

It's good that CS members have feedback. This would lead to improvement, I hope. Keep it up!

Yeh Of coz...no worries. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.