My turn to seek advice!

gohjialong

Jul 16, 2010
Hello, just wanna seek some advice because I dunno what to do. My mum wants to let me buy a flash. I can only afford a nissin Di622 because of my budget. My question is, should I use the money to buy something else that's more useful? Cos I am thinking that maybe I shouldn't go into flash photography yet. I like taking landscapes more, maybe photos of my friends when we go for outing etc. What do you guys think? I already have a tripod and head, getting a remote shutter tmr too, should I get ND filters instead of the flash? Thinking of investing in lens but the $ to get the Di622 wouldn't be enough!

Hello, just wanna seek some advice because I dunno what to do. My mum wants to let me buy a flash. I can only afford a nissin Di622 because of my budget. My question is, should I use the money to buy something else that's more useful? Cos I am thinking that maybe I shouldn't go into flash photography yet. I like taking landscapes more, maybe photos of my friends when we go for outing etc. What do you guys think? I already have a tripod and head, getting a remote shutter tmr too, should I get ND filters instead of the flash? Thinking of investing in lens but the $ to get the Di622 wouldn't be enough!

If you have no urgent needs at the moment, can you not just save the money for now? Maybe you can top it up later when you decide what lens you want to buy.

Today's the only day she'll let me buy haha

Why does she wants you to buy a flash when you do not need one ?
It is better to save the money to buy better things another day.
Let her know that and your needs and plans. You are not that young or a baby. :angel:

well its not exactly that i dont need a flash. i wanna learn how to use a flash for photography thats wy decided to get a simple one first.

I think i know what i have decided. Thanks guys for helping!

buy the flash... then sell it... save the money for next time when you want to buy lens...
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

well its not exactly that i dont need a flash. i wanna learn how to use a flash for photography thats wy decided to get a simple one first.

You'll get pissed off and get turned off flash photography if you don't get something decent and accurate.

Go for the better deal when u have saved up. Dun just buy for the sake of buying. You'll lose out in the end.

Buy a cheap $200 flash, sell off for less than $150 or worse. Then later on, save up more to buy the decent one at $300 plus... which is the longer and more wasteful route? :)

Flash is a good thing to have for family events and portrait photography. But if you're nt very much into portrait, at least, for nw yet, built-in flash wil do the job.
With the amount of cash for Nissan, u can get some cheap price lens like 50mm f1.8 ( either Nikon or Canon ) if you hvn't got one yet. Buy 2nd hand n most likely you won't lose when u plan to upgrade later.
You said ND filters? Buy only cheap ones.. although some color cast, u can live with it for a starter. Hope it could help a bit..:)

Thanks, well I didn't get anything in the end. Decided to save the money. Haha.

You'll get pissed off and get turned off flash photography if you don't get something decent and accurate.

Go for the better deal when u have saved up. Dun just buy for the sake of buying. You'll lose out in the end.

Buy a cheap $200 flash, sell off for less than $150 or worse. Then later on, save up more to buy the decent one at $300 plus... which is the longer and more wasteful route? :)

Yeah agree that flash is good for portraits that's why I thought of getting one for outings with friends or family so that I can take better and nicer pictures of them. But I have decided to save up the money instead :)
Got the 50mm already.

Flash is a good thing to have for family events and portrait photography. But if you're nt very much into portrait, at least, for nw yet, built-in flash wil do the job.
With the amount of cash for Nissan, u can get some cheap price lens like 50mm f1.8 ( either Nikon or Canon ) if you hvn't got one yet. Buy 2nd hand n most likely you won't lose when u plan to upgrade later.
You said ND filters? Buy only cheap ones.. although some color cast, u can live with it for a starter. Hope it could help a bit..:)