My turn now..any part time job pls?


Status
Not open for further replies.

Wryer

New Member
Dec 17, 2002
602
0
0
32
Tampines
Visit site
#1
hi guys,

like poledra, now after my A -levels and looking for a part time job to last me till March, before my NS.. Any one have any lobang? I really don't want to waste my 4 months.. :cry:

Please inform me if you have any openings yah?

Thanx! looking forward to replies.. :lovegrin:
 

tmc17479

New Member
Oct 23, 2003
711
0
0
39
Bukit Timah
Visit site
#2
Wryer said:
hi guys,

like poledra, now after my A -levels and looking for a part time job to last me till March, before my NS.. Any one have any lobang? I really don't want to waste my 4 months.. :cry:

Please inform me if you have any openings yah?

Thanx! looking forward to replies.. :lovegrin:
Look in the classified ads and online job directories, might help.
 

Wryer

New Member
Dec 17, 2002
602
0
0
32
Tampines
Visit site
#3
yep yep, frantically looking at them every day. :) Thanks! Thinking of going thru an agent also. maybe also do some light leaflet work at the moment.
 

argent2

New Member
Jun 30, 2002
157
0
0
Visit site
#5
Wryer said:
;) a shameless self-up! ;p
if u like, my company is hiring students for admin work at $20/day

working hours from 8.30-5.30pm

pm me for details.
 

Parchiao

Deregistered
Jan 2, 2003
1,829
0
0
Visit site
#6
Waaahhhhh $20 a day, can cover makan, transportation etc etc or not?

Why not go knock on the doors of hotels and try your luck working as a waiter. The money can be pretty good, for a start. Meals are provided, depending on the hours, transportation back home is provided as well.
 

Wryer

New Member
Dec 17, 2002
602
0
0
32
Tampines
Visit site
#7
Hihi,

Thannks argent2 for your heads-up! Will KIV of your offer! Really appreciate your offer. ;)

Parchiao, yahz, i think i will knock on doors to try to become a waiter. But, i really hope i won't reach that stage. Did some waiter job some years back, wasnt a very pleasant experience.. :( But willing to have another go if there are no other choices. :)

Thanks guys! i love clubsnap! Already have a pm liao. :) :lovegrin:
 

blurblock

Senior Member
May 30, 2003
3,827
0
0
ytphoto.clubsnap.org
#9
argent2 said:
if u like, my company is hiring students for admin work at $20/day

working hours from 8.30-5.30pm

pm me for details.

Wow .... macdonald is offering at least $3.50 per hours x 8 hours = $28 per day, free burger and near house too .......
 

Wryer

New Member
Dec 17, 2002
602
0
0
32
Tampines
Visit site
#10
blurblock said:
Wow .... macdonald is offering at least $3.50 per hours x 8 hours = $28 per day, free burger and near house too .......
;) Its okay lah. Lets not talk about argent's offer all right? I appreciated his offer. Who knows, i might need to take up his offer afterall. Lets move on before this turns into a flame thread, and im goona :cry: Im sure there are other job seekers (esp students) lurking around.

Hey you! yes you! haha.. :bsmilie:
 

Poledra

New Member
Sep 7, 2002
557
0
0
33
Near the Clouds
Visit site
#12
Wryer said:
;) Its okay lah. Lets not talk about argent's offer all right? I appreciated his offer. Who knows, i might need to take up his offer afterall. Lets move on before this turns into a flame thread, and im goona :cry: Im sure there are other job seekers (esp students) lurking around.

Hey you! yes you! haha.. :bsmilie:
Eh, argent is a girl.. Or female, if you like it... :bsmilie:

All right: here are the job offers I got thru PM. Wondering if they would help..
-Tuck Loong is looking for an assistant photographer
-FOOXX suggested calling SGH for an admin job. PM me or him for the number.
-jOhO reccomended an agency: kelly services. Again, please PM me for telephone number or email address.

As for me, I've got an interview with the CNB coming up. UL is still in limbo, am still waiting hopefully for his call. And a friend of mine in church already asked after a job for me in his office (govt job) and I might start in Jan.

Good luck, Wryer.. My best friend is going NS in March ( :cry: ) also and he's gonna start working at NIE's coffee place. :bsmilie: I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't spill anything.
 

Wryer

New Member
Dec 17, 2002
602
0
0
32
Tampines
Visit site
#13
oops, sorry argent. :embrass:


wooo...
1) Tuck Loong's one seems very tempting.. ;p
2,3) Will PM you!

Thanks Pol! Btw,what you working as in CNB? Sounds interesting.
 

argent2

New Member
Jun 30, 2002
157
0
0
Visit site
#14
Parchiao said:
Waaahhhhh $20 a day, can cover makan, transportation etc etc or not?

Why not go knock on the doors of hotels and try your luck working as a waiter. The money can be pretty good, for a start. Meals are provided, depending on the hours, transportation back home is provided as well.
For students (and also working adults) you have to see what kind of work the job entails to get what is so-called 'good' pay.

For admin work that allows you to just about sit about on your butt most of the time in aircon env with fixed working hours, i consider $20 pretty good (i was also paid about that when i was a 'A' level student)

For the service industry, (includes asst photographer, waitor/waitressing, mac's) you will be paid a bit more to cover unattractive hours/schedules and standing all day to greet/serve frontline customers (who can get demanding and nasty) if you don't know what you are doing. Unless you're an entrepreneur, in which case you needn't look here for ways to make money. Ultimately, you have to decide which job fits you, and i don't think there's a perfect job out there that allows you to make heaps of money with little effort.

And believe me, there are worse employers out there...which will squeeze you for all kinds of jobs down to the last dollar and cent. You wouldn't know till you actually sign the contract and realise that on your first day at work.

I'll actually be curious to see which working adult loves his/her job 100% (all pros, no cons). :dunno:

regards,
argent2
 

Jun 2, 2002
975
0
0
hErE lAh
#15
argent2 said:
For students (and also working adults) you have to see what kind of work the job entails to get what is so-called 'good' pay.

For admin work that allows you to just about sit about on your butt most of the time in aircon env with fixed working hours, i consider $20 pretty good (i was also paid about that when i was a 'A' level student)

For the service industry, (includes asst photographer, waitor/waitressing, mac's) you will be paid a bit more to cover unattractive hours/schedules and standing all day to greet/serve frontline customers (who can get demanding and nasty) if you don't know what you are doing. Unless you're an entrepreneur, in which case you needn't look here for ways to make money. Ultimately, you have to decide which job fits you, and i don't think there's a perfect job out there that allows you to make heaps of money with little effort.

And believe me, there are worse employers out there...which will squeeze you for all kinds of jobs down to the last dollar and cent. You wouldn't know till you actually sign the contract and realise that on your first day at work.

I'll actually be curious to see which working adult loves his/her job 100% (all pros, no cons). :dunno:

regards,
argent2
yalor yalor $20 for a light admin job isn't too bad.

adult who loves his/her job 100%? u gotta be kidding :bsmilie:
 

Parchiao

Deregistered
Jan 2, 2003
1,829
0
0
Visit site
#17
Wryer said:
Parchiao, yahz, i think i will knock on doors to try to become a waiter. But, i really hope i won't reach that stage. Did some waiter job some years back, wasnt a very pleasant experience.. :( But willing to have another go if there are no other choices. :)
Waitering ain't that bad lah, just have to swallow your pride and do the job with some pride (no pun intended), applies to everything you do when you are new to a work environment. Can't remember what is the pay like, dunno if it was something like $6.00 an hour on a gross basis or something like that. All I can remember is that I used to give tuition PLUS work as a waiter/bartender/houseman while I was studying, sometimes chalking as much as 40 hours a week in the hotel.
 

togu

Senior Member
Jul 11, 2002
5,290
0
0
44
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
#18
argent2 said:
For students (and also working adults) you have to see what kind of work the job entails to get what is so-called 'good' pay.

For admin work that allows you to just about sit about on your butt most of the time in aircon env with fixed working hours, i consider $20 pretty good (i was also paid about that when i was a 'A' level student)

For the service industry, (includes asst photographer, waitor/waitressing, mac's) you will be paid a bit more to cover unattractive hours/schedules and standing all day to greet/serve frontline customers (who can get demanding and nasty) if you don't know what you are doing. Unless you're an entrepreneur, in which case you needn't look here for ways to make money. Ultimately, you have to decide which job fits you, and i don't think there's a perfect job out there that allows you to make heaps of money with little effort.

And believe me, there are worse employers out there...which will squeeze you for all kinds of jobs down to the last dollar and cent. You wouldn't know till you actually sign the contract and realise that on your first day at work.

I'll actually be curious to see which working adult loves his/her job 100% (all pros, no cons). :dunno:

regards,
argent2

$20/day is better then none. :think:

The market now is DAMN BAD!

:cry:
 

Wryer

New Member
Dec 17, 2002
602
0
0
32
Tampines
Visit site
#19
Parchiao said:
Waitering ain't that bad lah, just have to swallow your pride and do the job with some pride (no pun intended), applies to everything you do when you are new to a work environment. Can't remember what is the pay like, dunno if it was something like $6.00 an hour on a gross basis or something like that. All I can remember is that I used to give tuition PLUS work as a waiter/bartender/houseman while I was studying, sometimes chalking as much as 40 hours a week in the hotel.

Yeah man, i guess my bad experience (which i rather not talk abt) was too sweeping a statement.

Togu: yahz..market is bad! you know what, when i wanted to help in those chinese food restaurant for kitchen crew (aka dish washer :bsmilie: ), they actually told me to go home and wait for call while they decide on the candidates! :sweat: :sweat:
 

togu

Senior Member
Jul 11, 2002
5,290
0
0
44
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
#20
Wryer said:
...


Parchiao, yahz, i think i will knock on doors to try to become a waiter. But, i really hope i won't reach that stage. Did some waiter job some years back, wasnt a very pleasant experience.. :( But willing to have another go if there are no other choices. :)

...

No offense here, but having that thought is a big no no :nono:

Was in the so-called F&B line years back, before my NS, for about 3 years plus. Waiter for about 8 mths, then captain for the rest, in western restaurants at IMM and Jurong Country Club, a French restaurant at Sunset Way, also work for catering and banquets. It's pretty fun most of the time, get to know lots of people and all kinds of funny behaviours, get to see what actually happen in the kitchen, learn how to cook, eat and eat non stop... yum yum, drink and drink when there are private functions (undertable of course ;p ), so and so. Heh, it's endless!!

Every job has their pros and cons, and working as a waiter when you are young is definitely some good experience to have. :angel:


OK, now back to the real world, you might not even get a waiter job, in the current over-saturated market. :sweat:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom