My tired son

Status
Not open for further replies.

dada677

Aug 3, 2008
Singapore
My 1st post here. a picture of my tired son being carried by my wife after a walk. this was taken last wednesday after the rain, so it was cloudy. his eyes look tired so thats the focus of this photo. converted it to B/W to go with the mood. i would greatly appreciate comments on how the picture was taken, processed or on any aspect of photography that would help me to improve my photo skills and technique. Thanks in advance:D

DSC_18341.jpg

he doesnt look tired at all.

nevertheless he's a cute boy.

he doesnt look tired at all.

nevertheless he's a cute boy.

technically sir, you're in no position to conclude whether he looks tired or not unless you're the parents of the child.
because parents definetly know thier children well enough to know whether he or she is tired.

to TS: maybe you could use a smaller aperture in your future shots for your boy. with that his whole face will be in focus.

technically sir, you're in no position to conclude whether he looks tired or not unless you're the parents of the child.
because parents definetly know thier children well enough to know whether he or she is tired.
let's not get off-topic - i suppose the commentor meant that the title didn't fit.

dada677 - the framing is a tad lack lustre, the light is flat. perhaps wait for better light, and be more careful with composition? i.e. it is usually preferable to get the face in entirety.. you can choose not to, but it must work. that isn't the case here though.

will be more lively if there is catchlight in the eyes.

let's not get off-topic - i suppose the commentor meant that the title didn't fit.

dada677 - the framing is a tad lack lustre, the light is flat. perhaps wait for better light, and be more careful with composition? i.e. it is usually preferable to get the face in entirety.. you can choose not to, but it must work. that isn't the case here though.

sorry. pardon my tone used.

to TS: maybe you could use a smaller aperture in your future shots for your boy. with that his whole face will be in focus.

used the bigger aperture to put emphasis only on the eye... Would be trying smaller aperture on my next shots...Thanks;)

will be more lively if there is catchlight in the eyes.

it was not an ideal day to shoot due to the gloomy weather, just took a chance;)... i appreciate the tips you have given, the catchlight is a great idea! will be trying them next time... Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.