My text wont display on my photo after cropping it on PS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

boroangel

Apr 23, 2005
Ok this should be in digital darkroom but response there is slow so I tot I will ask over here.

Something happened to my PS today. After cropping the photo, I tried to type in the text but no matter what the test wont display. I tried it on other photos and crop it and again the text after typing wont display.

Does anyone know why?

Might be cause your photo is locked.

Try unlocking the layer.

Might be cause your photo is locked.

Try unlocking the layer.

The background ha a lock symbol and when i tried to drop the text box an additiona layer is created and this layer is not locked. How do i unlock the background...? Is that the cause?

normal unlocking that is nt neccessary but u can try unlocking it. See if it helps?

Btw which verison of Ps are you using?

I just checked the bacground is locked...as is every photo we PS....but the layer is not locked.....I mean the textbox appear but no matter what I type or what font I change the words just dont appear...

Are you typing black on black???

Are you typing black on black???

Nope I tried different colours and it is still the same.

I am using photoshop CS2. I didnt have this prob before.Very frustrating!

I mean under the layers box, u can see the symbol T and what text u type....but on the photo itself it doesn appear....just a very small cursor on the top left hand corner blinking with each letter u type thats it

Ok something is obviously wrong with some size setting....cos i set teh font size to 1296 which is the max....and i do see some words coming out but it is still small....

have you tried posting it in the digital darkroom forum... response not that slow what...

anyway, what are your crop tool settings... what is the size of your image after cropping... what is the font you used...

if you are uploading for the web, you probably want to resize the pictures 1st before adding the text..

Text size 1296???? How big is your pics?

When I try to crop it we need to set the width and height right? So I set it as 2256 x 1496 so as to keep the aspect ratio.

And it doesnt matter if I resize it before I type the text...the result is still the same. What is happening?

sounds like a dpi issue..

what is the dpi of the image... if it is small, try increasing it, say to 300, without changing your image size... that should help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.