My TDK CD-writer died on me last min..

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhang3feng

Dec 27, 2005
SG
www.zhang3feng.com
Hi guys,

anyone know where to repair an internal TDK CD-writer which can reads CD but cannot burn CD.. blank CDs which were burned by my faulty CD-writer will become unuseable and not a single file recorded into the CD...

can anyone tell me a place to repair it and roughly how much it cost??

THANKS ALL!:thumbsup:

uncle sim. haha 3rd floor sls or issit 4 floor. theres one shop that does al the repairs and just happens to be that they repair alot of stuff and one of them is my ex classmate's brother lol.

Koelsch said:
uncle sim. haha 3rd floor sls or issit 4 floor. theres one shop that does al the repairs and just happens to be that they repair alot of stuff and one of them is my ex classmate's brother lol.

thnx koelsch.. but alot of repair shops i went to they said they no repair CD-writer... :cry:

Why do you want to repair the cost of CD writers are dirt cheap compared witth last time?

gd time to upgrade to dvd writer! use old one as cd drive useful to have separate drives so it wont be wasted

Say hello to the rubbish bin. A 16x DL DVD burner can be bought for under $70 now.

wow u must have really worked it out..
my creative 4x CD writer still going strong after 5 yrs but have to take it out cos no space for my dvd burner heee hee

my LG DVD writer very lasting
thought it was Korean and not so good but proved reliable

Welcome to the club. My TDK 8x DVD writer also died on me only after about 1.5yrs of moderate usage. =^( So much for the reliability of an established brand...

In fact, can last two yrs considered damn good la..:bsmilie: time to buy buy buy..:bsmilie:

Want it to last? get a Plextor, ... but dun get the 750 series thou, cos the shop owner at one of the shop in SLS found out that its manufactured by BenQ... 755 and above is originally by Plextor...

ricohflex said:
my LG DVD writer very lasting
thought it was Korean and not so good but proved reliable

jus got mine install last fri...

LG DL DVD writer...:D

Denosha said:
Welcome to the club. My TDK 8x DVD writer also died on me only after about 1.5yrs of moderate usage. =^( So much for the reliability of an established brand...
I think there is a problem with the TDK8X DVD writer. mine is behaving like a CDRW writer.
Refuses to burn DVD at all!:(

Inimatad said:
I think there is a problem with the TDK8X DVD writer. mine is behaving like a CDRW writer.

hmmm... TDK sounds sucky now... but it suppose to be a good brand rite?? :think:

zhang3feng said:
:cry: there goes my CD-writer after 2 years of usage..

my tdk cyclone (cd writer) died after less than 6 months, what's there to cry about when yours lasted for 2 years?

Inimatad said:

after i replaced my tdk cyclone with a pioneer dvd writer, it stopped writing dvds after a while. i wonder what's the problem.

Inimatad said:

Mine refused to burn CDs for a period of time (DVDs worked fine) until one day it just refused to read anything as well. :thumbsd:

Status
Not open for further replies.