My take on LX2 (newbie shots)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone has bought and used the LX2 ?

I'm getting frustrated as this camera is too sensitive to motion and all my photos is coming out blurry.

bro, could it be the lense cover swaying that cause the shake? i discovered this after i found out much of my pics are blur...:bsmilie:

bro, could it be the lense cover swaying that cause the shake? i discovered this after i found out much of my pics are blur...:bsmilie:

Hi eejal,
I just bought my LX2 in Allan Photo at price $690 with 1 free case and 1G SD.
May I know how is your LX2 video mode?
Does distortion occur when you take video with your LX2?
All my video that I taken have quite serious distortion. Is this normal for LX2 or I have get a defect unit.

Hi eejal,
I just bought my LX2 in Allan Photo at price $690 with 1 free case and 1G SD.
May I know how is your LX2 video mode?
Does distortion occur when you take video with your LX2?
All my video that I taken have quite serious distortion. Is this normal for LX2 or I have get a defect unit.

what distortion? :dunno:

what distortion? :dunno:

Is some kind of bad rendering when I pointed to a dark door and move left or right to wall. The edge of the door is not smoothly rendered ( it is not refer to lines but blocks).
I do not know how to explain it. That will be better if I can upload it.

Is some kind of bad rendering when I pointed to a dark door and move left or right to wall. The edge of the door is not smoothly rendered ( it is not refer to lines but blocks).
I do not know how to explain it. That will be better if I can upload it.
could it be lagging? noise?

Sunrise.jpg

Stranded.jpg
[/QUOTE]

new here... :D

nice shots... :thumbsup: i like it man... :lovegrin:

Sunrise.jpg

dig this. :thumbsup:

hi EPL123 and seora...

thx for the comments. still a lot to learn...and i mean A LOT~~ :sweat:

hi seora..waddaya mean by 'dig dis'? :think:

I've tried removing the lens, different aperture and ISO settings but the photos still come out blurry. You really need a steady pair of hands or a platform to steady yourself to take a clear photo.

I've no problem getting clear photos with my Sony P8.

The Dpreview that the LX2 is a no go with low light and weak flash is spot on.:thumbsup:

I've tried removing the lens, different aperture and ISO settings but the photos still come out blurry. You really need a steady pair of hands or a platform to steady yourself to take a clear photo.

I've no problem getting clear photos with my Sony P8.

The Dpreview that the LX2 is a no go with low light and weak flash is spot on.:thumbsup:
do check if you have turn on OIS? if no set it to mode2.
imho the lumix Mega OIS work heavenly for me.

Yes even tried the OIS Mode 1 and 2.
ok, if everything is on the right track, you might want to send it in for a check-up... i suspect something is wrong with the OIS.

or you can try this setting (any ISO, any aperture, OIS mode2 and 1/4s-1/8s @ 1x zoom) take a few shots, if none turn out sharp could be OIS problem

Hi guys,
Just gotten a LX2 couple of days back.
Have a question: does Aperture 1.5 support raw conversion for the LX2?
I couldn't find any answer from the Aperture site.... so would the bundled s/w suffice?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Thanks for the heads up bro.

ok, if everything is on the right track, you might want to send it in for a check-up... i suspect something is wrong with the OIS.

or you can try this setting (any ISO, any aperture, OIS mode2 and 1/4s-1/8s @ 1x zoom) take a few shots, if none turn out sharp could be OIS problem

Went on a short holiday with my family. Thought I could take lotsa pics but inda end hands ties up with my daughters..they were extra clingy to me..:what:

So here's the so-called 'can make it' ones..:bsmilie:

P1010229.jpg

My latest shoots.
x1p8honnJyVNiCL5UWxdfnt8S9ZytAs_r7Lhix0Dl6Y0B2aoXSWNnlH0I-dUpNaSS-v50T_y37Uh5uaj9AqggqqLm7dLQBYfro1wpAxRKL3fQJiznJE2p_SfH6cj06P8GE0dpYFYLycVJJMgTj0yp3Iqg

x1p8honnJyVNiCL5UWxdfnt8S9ZytAs_r7Lhix0Dl6Y0B2rpDgrmDBg7hzSg-By57mJVGTwQtSQtBKJbq_ZepjSaevoBv6g9Y7Q2vsnjE99vR6gUuaWXwpQ6WtTtM3a8LxDOMsKsbyVnAxP0SRtCfJzGQ

x1p8honnJyVNiCL5UWxdfnt8S9ZytAs_r7Lhix0Dl6Y0B0QEXHzcQljg4PLRWW7NG92xlBm8kQm-IyAxUhQk9P3PKZyNrwMN2DvvGOFRv253uwzZL9TcuIwmtkTK7TTcSOKWE6PPS-yHsUScULGaros7A

x1pY73B4W_hlcMSTdU0XtUwKr-xG7U-LFCX8I0DRD4XUW2pXjp5qCrqB5RPX98ATA_9uiNPPlFBYRbhdeAszQzjEvVVgVdp9irFQvnj8X5CNXM

x1pY73B4W_hlcMSTdU0XtUwKi_XsM-DVIq3IBQwM9tJBB0HqlWMZbPalHzxKkjGsHVoL75LkEoglNid3ItAHyoK1Y5jY8-Q8HiPZLRAUh5Yigc

yeahh....keep it coming people.. :thumbsup:

look like i going to get this camrea

I enquire the price of LX2 today. The sales person in Cathay at Marina was friendly, but quoted me 760. The price is too high. Another sales person in Alan Photo at Sim Lim was extremely unfriendly and arrogant, but quoted me 685. If he could have been more friendly and sincere, I would have bought from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.