My shutter count jumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayz

Aug 3, 2004
North
rayztan.livejournal.com
Need advise on this... my shutter count jumps to 8K when I lend my friend my CF card... when I plug in it back to my 300D. I only when I realised that something is amiss after I took a few pictures...

I don't know what happened... is my card corrupted? :cry:

How do I readjust my count back to my original shutter count... :dunno:

Since the number jumped to 8k, let me ask u these qns.

Is the number the shutter count?
Could your family secretly took a few thousand shots while u were asleep?

If U know the answer to these 2 qns, U'll know the truth already.

AReality said:
Since the number jumped to 8k, let me ask u these qns.

Is the number the shutter count?
Could your family secretly took a few thousand shots while u were asleep?

If U know the answer to these 2 qns, U'll know the truth already.

Well... I check back my old shoots it was 2K plus... then after lending my friend to take some shots with his camera... i plug back to my camera... it become 8K... his camera shutter count was quite high... :cry:

you don't have to worry too much, the numbering of the files doesn't quite accurately show your shutter count.

I believe there is a internal counter system within your camera that take care of the shutter count and can only be checked by the canon engineers. Gotto pay $20 for checking i think.

ordinaryless said:
you don't have to worry too much, the numbering of the files doesn't quite accurately show your shutter count.

I believe there is a internal counter system within your camera that take care of the shutter count and can only be checked by the canon engineers. Gotto pay $20 for checking i think.

Hi ordinaryless... thks. However, I would like to monitor my shutter count as well... so is there any where to correct it?

Anyone out there who can help me in this?

rayz said:
Any one can help me in this? :dunno:

Relax rayz, its really quite unimportant. Why on earth do you want to monitor your shutter count for? When I sent both my cams into Canon for calibration suddenly the count jumped to 50K from 5K :bsmilie: :bsmilie: , they must have used their test card with countless shots fired on it. Maybe you give them a call and they can find a way to help.

dkw said:
Relax rayz, its really quite unimportant. Why on earth do you want to monitor your shutter count for? When I sent both my cams into Canon for calibration suddenly the count jumped to 50K from 5K :bsmilie: :bsmilie: , they must have used their test card with countless shots fired on it. Maybe you give them a call and they can find a way to help.

Thanks dkw... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.