My short stint with a PnS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweek

Jan 17, 2002
East
www.weekai.com
Very interested in joining the PnS photoshoot organised by Larry but I work on Saturday mornings so tough luck. =( Was inspired to try taking PnS shots amidst all the DSLR madness so took a short 1 hour for some shots in the city area. Apologies if some of the slanted angles don't appeal to you, I was just trying it out to deviate from the common horiz-verti stuffs.

sDSCN0284.jpg

sDSCN0292.jpg

I like the shot of the toyota best. Nice colors and the arrow on the road seems to give direction to the shot.
However, I feel that the tilt in the fullterton shot is a bit overdone. ;)

nice shots with a point and shoot. shows that the beauty of the picture is crafted by the photographer, and aided only by his tools.

regards

Wooo.... pretty sharp images you have. Creative compostition too. :)

Personally, I feel a bit giddy after looking at the pics. And I think you overuse the 45-degrees tilting of the cam. But my fav is the last pic.

Originally posted by Newman
Personally, I feel a bit giddy after looking at the pics. And I think you overuse the 45-degrees tilting of the cam.

haha, sorry about that. I guess the slanted angle works maybe for an isolated photo, when overused to a whole series, the effect will backfire. Didn't mean to overuse actually, just wanted to try it out.

thanks for all your comments. I enjoy bringing my PnS out better than the DSLR, it's so small, compact, discrete, and the swiveling lens is damn fun. Hoping to sound the horn that DSLR isn't everything, let's all concentrate on how to take better pictures. Cheers!

oh ya btw my fav take is the photographer and raffles one....thought the long format accentuates the relationship between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.