Not open for further replies.

k3nn3th03

Jan 6, 2005
1st : a Merlion for start..

P11401491_filtered1.jpg

P11401591_filtered1.jpg

P11401581_filtered1.jpg

comments welcome as i also think they are not too good.. :(

i cant say much as i haven try to shoot at night... what setting u using?

below mine taken - 05022006

enjoy & ur comments are welcome.

6-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

You may want to consider changing location...there are a lot of other places where you can take nice fireworks too...just my 2-cents...

K3nn3th03, grest fireworks shots you have there.

StanGetz said:
nicely taken! seems tonight u got a good catch! =)

bro thanks,
stand further rite from where we are
going again this sat or sun??

chio more ppl leh....................kekekekekeke

FZ5owner said:
bro thanks,
stand further rite from where we are
going again this sat or sun??

chio more ppl leh....................kekekekekeke

i am missing out alot....
still working this weekend!

been working non-stop since cny....

dominator said:

WA..

that mean got many many income.. :bigeyes:

$$$$$$ = BBB :sweat:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

dominator said:
i am missing out alot....
still working this weekend!

bro,
ur pocket very heavy liao......time to upgrade ur cam and tripod liao...........kekekekekeke

k3nn3th03 said:
1st : a Merlion for start..

P11401591_filtered1.jpg

P11401581_filtered1.jpg

comments welcome as i also think they are not too good.. :(

Kenneth,

Are you going to try out in the last few days?

Dunno what setting you had, but think you might want to shorten the exposure, it is a little messy, too many fireworks appears together does not look that nice...again...my 2-cents...

JimDavis said:
Kenneth,

Are you going to try out in the last few days?

Dunno what setting you had, but think you might want to shorten the exposure, it is a little messy, too many fireworks appears together does not look that nice...again...my 2-cents...

yes sir..

forgot my setting.. maybe check the exif loh..

might try again on sat and/or sun..

not sure about the exposure time...my 8 sec image actually turned out better than my 2.5 sec images! but i haven't tried with 2 sec though...

care to post? 8sec....wud dat be overexpose and noisy?? wud be interesting to see the diff man.....

StanGetz said:
care to post? 8sec....wud dat be overexpose and noisy?? wud be interesting to see the diff man.....

my 8 sec's shot is this one below...

my 2.5 sec's shot is this one..

got diff leh..hehe

hmm 1st pic, i tink 8sec gave u longer trails thus makes it look nicer,...furthermore within this 8sec, another burst(in this case the red one) is being captured thus creating a more 'layered' feel to the photo. more dramatic.

2nd pic....shorter exposure time, shorter trails and not long enuf timing for the next burst to open, therefore u see spots of 'unopened' fireworks....

this are my intereprtation....may nt be exactly correct....maybe some expeerts can give more advise.

actuali i tink it depend on the effect u wana achieve...to me, i wish i cud have a f16 and longer exposure time! hehe....

StanGetz said:
hmm 1st pic, i tink 8sec gave u longer trails thus makes it look nicer,...furthermore within this 8sec, another burst(in this case the red one) is being captured thus creating a more 'layered' feel to the photo. more dramatic.

2nd pic....shorter exposure time, shorter trails and not long enuf timing for the next burst to open, therefore u see spots of 'unopened' fireworks....

this are my intereprtation....may nt be exactly correct....maybe some expeerts can give more advise.

actuali i tink it depend on the effect u wana achieve...to me, i wish i cud have a f16 and longer exposure time! hehe....

bro,
time to upgrade liao....................:bsmilie:

metallilan.....my take today

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=176631

Hi,

Newbie in firework photography here.

Went for firework shot last night, and only 1 or 2 turn out ok, while the others are clouded with smoke.

I only used F/5.6, ISO200 and 2 seconds exposure and found that the results are pretty disastrous.

Would like to find out from members here:
1. How to avoid smoke?
2. Does BULB mode work with short exporure to capture only "burst" that is nice? If yes, how?
3. for those with 8 seconds exposure, wouldn't the long exposure causing smoke to be captured by the sensor?

Cheers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.