my secret weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkkang

Jan 6, 2007
Punggol 21
recently got some problem looking into the LCD screen when there is bright sunlight. I came across this "essence of chicken" box, and it seems to be a very nice fit to my EOS400D !

1. size of the box is nicely fitted to EOS400D.
2. will fit to camera and not fall out easily, but can be remove easily.
3. can be folded and kept into pocket when not in use.

y1pslddbNlYS5FHG2ABl7MAKvduy5YiHrDtHeVM9Pk0_6PuBqd7F_V0B7OzdXypwzVarJKRtCMwhhc

see that I have increase the thickness of one edge, so that the box can be fitted to the camera nicely.
y1pslddbNlYS5H4pacRpUd2Fcgx63gQiotCdj_eIgC1LIKvu_K6Y-EGpt1aNyBD7tnjFCvkbAqNv7g

y1pslddbNlYS5HUnouYOKkX0IhSszB14KxV2MRmviqFJm3Z5kLeCmKFaj32N5wxrqmPGAh5pw3RGYw

y1pslddbNlYS5EwNCU_rNPeAiZOhtRKW70-N0y22_BPpr0p_8dEUqX9QdBMRCGizNToLnD-sU0bJCo

SEE !, the box will not drop even when upsize down.
y1pslddbNlYS5F3UVk_6yS47VeyHP0OzgxagFRV6rEwMUfX0t-56grLOToweWerZjyHoJ7biyFkTq4

box can be folded and put aside when not in use.
y1pslddbNlYS5FaY1GLr53ybuLU3q-1RtEDzClutaPsFoHq6_Lk3penNVSzNp5XQ4l_xgYcIcfoQa0

spray it black color for better looking DIY device. :devil:

thanks, good idea... Will try to do so at the inner portion so that it will not reflect light. Outer portion wise.... maybe can put some "hello kitty" sticker from my daughter... :bsmilie:

This is ingenius. ut how are you gonna shoot? Tell me.

This is ingenius. ut how are you gonna shoot? Tell me.

hi contaxable, of course cannot shoot with the box lah... this is not a point-and-shoot camera where you can have live view. However, there are situations where you are under bright sunlight and mounted the camera on a tri-pod ( shooting landscape or architecture etc.. ).

If you walking around and shooting a model at out-door, of course cannot use this thing lah. Nevertheless, the box is good for you to confirm that your metering is correct at that instance.

I recently enountered some case where after reaching home, downloaded the pictures into the computer and then found out that all my shots are over-exposed. I should have this box to confirm that the metering is correct at that instance.

fyi, there are commercially available LCD covers that is also using similar methods to ensure that you get the exact exposure ( cannot view LCD while shooting ). But, those are costing about S$50 and they are so called "3 rd party" manufacturer. The disadvantage is that you cannot remove them easily.. This one is cheap ( costless ) and good.

I just want to share my experience with my friends...

hi contaxable, of course cannot shoot with the box lah... this is not a point-and-shoot camera where you can have live view. However, there are situations where you are under bright sunlight and mounted the camera on a tri-pod ( shooting landscape or architecture etc.. ).

If you walking around and shooting a model at out-door, of course cannot use this thing lah. Nevertheless, the box is good for you to confirm that your metering is correct at that instance.

I recently enountered some case where after reaching home, downloaded the pictures into the computer and then found out that all my shots are over-exposed. I should have this box to confirm that the metering is correct at that instance.

fyi, there are commercially available LCD covers that is also using similar methods to ensure that you get the exact exposure ( cannot view LCD while shooting ). But, those are costing about S$50 and they are so called "3 rd party" manufacturer. The disadvantage is that you cannot remove them easily.. This one is cheap ( costless ) and good.

I just want to share my experience with my friends...

Was only kidding with you. I was thinking you either had super vision to view from 8inches away as you fired off or you had to dismount the box. Indeed, why pay more when a cardboard is there to use.

Cheers and happy shooting!

Wow your splash of genius impressed me :) and also the fact that you have no inhibition to share this. Some people will feel shameful for working ideas that they feel is too simple. But look at what simple ideas like yours translated into for the makers of these...

H-LPP.gif
H-C5D.gif

Equipment junkies will definitely see your idea as 'uncool' - wot ! an ugly cardbox on my dark & sexy 1D Mark III !!! over my dead body....

One vote for Sponge Box... err... i mean Mr lkkang. You are putting the money where it matters - on the picture! Though very much a accessories junky myself ..... but I will make a little one for my 400D too and put the money on the lens (n matter how minute a portion it might be). Thanks for sharing....!!

no need so much trouble! I use a empty toilet roll! :thumbsup:

thanks Digit and falconite for supporting this idea. Appricated...

I did thought of toilet roll too, but, it cannot stay there ! the diameter is also too small for 400D ( 2.5" LCD ) if you are using 2" LCD, toilet roll maybe possible. :thumbsup:

I recently also face some problem with handshake while shooting MACRO.. I hope to invent some kind of elbow support that will hold my elbow in place so that I may shoot like 1/30 sec on a 100mm tele lens !!! that will be so great ... we don't need to pay for the IS anymore ! ;p

thanks Digit and falconite for supporting this idea. Appricated...

I did thought of toilet roll too, but, it cannot stay there ! the diameter is also too small for 400D ( 2.5" LCD ) if you are using 2" LCD, toilet roll maybe possible. :thumbsup:

I recently also face some problem with handshake while shooting MACRO.. I hope to invent some kind of elbow support that will hold my elbow in place so that I may shoot like 1/30 sec on a 100mm tele lens !!! that will be so great ... we don't need to pay for the IS anymore ! ;p

Thanks for the idea . Cool :thumbsup:

hee hee, you advertising Brands chicken essence is it?:bsmilie:

Can always gaffar tape the essence of chicken box or toilet roll, so it looks more pro.

Some food for thought.. You should learn how to read the histogram. ;p I'm sure even under the brightest sunlight, you should be able to see that by just using the palm to shield the light. ;p Either that, or switch to a system which can give you get a more accurate metering.

Status
Not open for further replies.