My second film attempt... failed... what's wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeter

May 1, 2004
No idea what's wrong, but many photos had this type of blue streak at left side, middle is orange streak. These happens alot on the photos, although not all.

As this is only my second roll of films, thus posting it online to ask what exactly is the problem ? Izzit light leaked ? or maybe film got problem ?

I used a Yashica electro 35, with kodak gold 200.

F1010019.jpg

check the light seals in the film compartment of your camera? the yashica electro is quite an old camera already, maybe the seals are leaking light, and if there are light leaks they're probably coming from the portion of the picture where the blue streaks are. i don't think it's caused by your photographic technique.

and oh yeah, the film plane looks uneven too.

leeter said:
No idea what's wrong, but many photos had this type of blue streak at left side, middle is orange streak. These happens alot on the photos, although not all.

As this is only my second roll of films, thus posting it online to ask what exactly is the problem ? Izzit light leaked ? or maybe film got problem ?

F1010019.jpg

definitely light leak.

are you shooting an image for yourself in a curved mirror. if yes, no film plane problem. otherwise, film plane is not flat.

i suggest that u bring your prints and camera to the Camera Workshop at Peninsular Shopping Centre for diagnosis

You can also try Camera Hospital at Sunshine plaza. I am also using the Yashica Electro 35 and mine works like a charm. The colors are really good too.

sorry, forgotten to include that it's a self portrait through a curved mirror..

ohz.. so there is light leak, but it only happens to most photos but not all. Thats the weird part.

Thank for all the help.

leeter said:

F1010019.jpg
there are many possibilities to this

1) light leak into the film area. which means your camera is quite old and needs a replacement. maybe your light seals has problems which let light come in. so you better check.

2) your lab which you process the film messed up the process of deveoping the film. so you should try changing your lab.

3) if you are shooting in a curve mirror your film plane is flat. if not your film plane is not flat better have it service or checked.

4) you accidentally opened the camera back before the film is rewind.

i think is because of your lab if not it is problem with your camera film planes, it goes either way.

I recommend you to send it for consultation and if needed service it.

leeter said:
sorry, forgotten to include that it's a self portrait through a curved mirror..

ohz.. so there is light leak, but it only happens to most photos but not all. Thats the weird part.

Thank for all the help.

definitely light leaking through. you can replace the light seals yourself. an old foam type mouse pad makes great light seals. if you cut them a tad wider than the channel, you won't even need glue. if you do want to glue the seals, i'd recomend selley's Kwikgrip. (it's contact cement and doesn't dry up immediately, so there's time for you to move the seal around before it sets.)

don't forget to add the bit of felt on the right hand side (looking at the camera from behind) next to the film take up spool. (i find the felt from old film canisters the best for this. go to any photo hut and ask them for the discarded film canisters, they'd happiliy let you have them.)

Oh, i will try the DIY solution you guys had given me =) if can't work, then i'll bring it to one of the *hospital you guys introduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.