hrmmm anybody caught this movie too? :p

Yrrp.. in the middle of the night... :embrass:
out of a sudden missing this movie!

it's just too goood! :p

*listens* to my sassy girl's soundtrack mp3s

Originally posted by pker88
i also miss it lor
but i heard it not bad ;)

i watched the movie long ago at the cinema.
Just missing it for the sake of a 2nd round.
*nod* it's that good!
:gbounce:

scv was showing it... wistful show... the ending is cliched yet erm fulfilling...

Hi

My sassy Girl is a very good show. I also miss it a lot when you said it. Nice story and very touching.

:D is it in korean ? or chinese ? i like the korean dialog version ... :D

Originally posted by avatarzero
great show~ esp the nice ending~ :thumbsup:

I bought the DVDs when I were holidaying in Korea. The ending was indeed very romantic. Sometimes people just choose to live in the past, and refuse to live in the present time. Many opportunites were missed due to this sad episode. Luckily for this movie, the lead actor and the lead actress have a happy ending and they can offord to be together again.

For those who are romantic love story fans, may I recommend you to watch these movies "Cinema Paradiso", "Life is beautiful", "Gone with the Wind" and "Love Letter". Each of these love stories have a special ending which may not supposing to have a happy ending.

Love is a wonderful feeling. However not all love involves being together and living happily everafter. Some love, like "Life is beautiful" involves scarifice, and "Cinema Paradiso", love is learning to let go. Afterall it has been said that, the greatest love is to "learn to let go of the person you love to the one who can truly makes him/her happy." Guess everyone is selfish, thus letting go is the most difficult...

Originally posted by e_liau

I bought the DVDs when I were holidaying in Korea. The ending was indeed very romantic. Sometimes people just choose to live in the past, and refuse to live in the present time. Many opportunites were missed due to this sad episode. Luckily for this movie, the lead actor and the lead actress have a happy ending and they can offord to be together again.

For those who are romantic love story fans, may I recommend you to watch these movies "Cinema Paradiso", "Life is beautiful", "Gone with the Wind" and "Love Letter". Each of these love stories have a special ending which may not supposing to have a happy ending.

Love is a wonderful feeling. However not all love involves being together and living happily everafter. Some love, like "Life is beautiful" involves scarifice, and "Cinema Paradiso", love is learning to let go. Afterall it has been said that, the greatest love is to "learn to let go of the person you love to the one who can truly makes him/her happy." Guess everyone is selfish, thus letting go is the most difficult...

*smiles* I didn't expect "My Sassy Girl" to be that good before I watched it. *grins* That's the one and only Korean show I'd watched -_-

Are the ones you recommend as good as "My Sassy Girl"? ;) *just kidding*

Any local VCD shop to recommend to get Korean titles? :p I don't have DVD player :cool:

Originally posted by Cherlyn

*smiles* I didn't expect "My Sassy Girl" to be that good before I watched it. *grins* That's the one and only Korean show I'd watched -_-

Are the ones you recommend as good as "My Sassy Girl"? ;) *just kidding*

Any local VCD shop to recommend to get Korean titles? :p I don't have DVD player :cool:

Frankly, "Sassy Girl" works on a very simple storyline. The whole idea is how a depressed gal, upon losing her boyfriend to death, drowned her sorrows in drinks, and "toturing" a willing guy, who like her. Half of the story is about how the gal "totured" the guy such as asking him to chase her in her high heel shoes. And how they got together as a couple in the end. To my personal opinion, the ending portion is very touching, and that's the only portion that I think saved the film. Nevertheless, I still love the film.

As compared to the italian film "Cinema Paradiso" etc, "Sassy Girl" just fad in comparison. I highly recommend "Cinema Paradiso" for its absorbing and profound storyline, credible acting and superior dialogues.

i've not watched cinema paradiso but i definitely loved watching Life is Beautiful as it was just so sad.

Gone with the Wind is good too - one of its kind.

Agree with e_liau that the ending My Sassy Girl saved the show. I was getting rather impatient as I watching it & waiting for the ending to come.

Another good korean movie i heard of but have not watched is IL MARE.

Have any of u watched it?

Originally posted by lavenderlilz
i've not watched cinema paradiso but i definitely loved watching Life is Beautiful as it was just so sad.

Agree with e_liau that the ending My Sassy Girl saved the show. I was getting rather impatient as I watching it & waiting for the ending to come.

"Life is beautiful" was shown over in TV Central last Wednesday. It's very sad as to see race discrimination in those times. Jews were sent to concentration camps and subjected to hard labors etc. In our modern society, we still practice some sort of race discrimination. it's so sad that living in harmony is that easily said than done. The scracifice made by the lead actor for his son is very commentible and the scracifice his wife willing risked her life to be with her family in the concentration camp is equally touching. The lead actor not only shelf his young son "Joshua" from the ugly side of war, but also on a few occasions, showed his wife that dispite all that they are going through, that he still loved her. Scense such as boardcasting their favourite song over the concentration camp, and announcing his love for her over the PA system are very brave acts. A great love story, but just don't have a happy ending, feeling sobs and tears behind..

A great love story, but just don't have a happy ending, feeling sobs and tears behind..

I know - I cried when I watched it in the cinema in 1999. Got to buy the DVD soon.

I know - I cried when I watched it in the cinema in 1999. Got to buy the DVD soon.

Last month before the show was shown in TV Central, I went to Laserflair to check the price. It was $39.90. After the show, I felt that I liked the show so much that I went down to Laser flair to get it. Guess what, it's now $59.90. Could it be the extra 1% increase in the GST? Hmm...

Last month before the show was shown in TV Central, I went to Laserflair to check the price. It was $39.90. After the show, I felt that I liked the show so much that I went down to Laser flair to get it. Guess what, it's now $59.90. Could it be the extra 1% increase in the GST? Hmm...

$59.90 is very ex! Will go to bluemax during lunch time to see if they've got it.

The DVD/VCD shop (dunno its name) sells it as well but its in wide screen format.

il Mare is the opp of sassy girl... ending is bad! bad bad! whimsical semi-sob story...

I think the part where the old man told the female lead about the tree they planted was struck by lightning and the male lead replanted the tree so that she wun be sad. Quite touching also..tat part...tears welling also.

and yeah..the last part where they met in his aunty's presence. One big round, but ended up together. Really emphasized the meaning of *wat's yours will be yours*...

dun live in the dreams ... reach out and let the past bygones :D

Originally posted by SniperD
go to Warehouse (near Peninsular plaza) to get it.. cheaper there... ;)

try broadband ... in less than 1hr using kazza :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.