My recent wedding album design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin Young III

Feb 24, 2009
hello everyone,

I just want to share to you what i've been up to last night... was up till 6am yesterday and finally finished it this afternoon... i've been wanting to do something like this for quite sometime, a matt album in a digital world ... cant wait for the actual album to arrive :) The opening of the album is not from right to left but from bottom to top like a calendar... The stroke in the middle is where the album fold will be :)

anyways, here's the layout..

3572596603_e4cb83311a.jpg

3572597577_5157329174.jpg

3573404496_b0ce053b0b.jpg

3572598235_916f4963a8.jpg

3572598407_d735e29646.jpg

3573404176_917385a263.jpg

3572598733_74d09e467e.jpg

hope you guys enjoy the layouts :)

Nice layout dude. :thumbsup:
like it..

great layout - i think some of the blank space can have short write ups

Hi Ben,

It may consider calender version of bride and groom photos in it for Next 12-13 months.
for flip up type calendar.
Each calendar with difference images for each calendar or wall hang type.
It just a though of it. It may good for the guest whose attend their wedding solemnisation as gift set. or even pocket size name card calender.

Thanks for share up the works here.

Nice.. are you going to print it and bind it ??

cool stuff mate........luv the clean minimalist layout.... great photo & great layout.......perfect combination....

@everyone,

sorry for the really late reply guys :embrass: I've been away from my computer desk lately and been working on different kinds of shots that I like, in short practicing hehehhe also, will be conducting another portrait photography workshop here in my home town as well as putting up an itinerary for my upcoming wedding photography workshop as well... :)

thanks for the kind compliments... as a wedding photographer trying different things are always fun and really helps me to think outside the box, though this idea came from another famous american photographer but thought I'd put my spin on it :)

@benghui, the blank space is intentional and I'm really a big fan of writing "cheesy" quotes and phrases on my designs heheheheh just my 2 cents :)

@KHC, I thought about it that way and a couple actually asked me if I could do it that way their favorite images to be apart of their own personalized calendar

@lincolnchan, Yes all my designs will be printed and become a book after but it will all be done by a supplier of mine from the US. can't wait for it to arrive!!! :)

great design! but aint that a lil too much white space?

@fifiee,

its your monitor... :bsmilie:

the design of the negative space is intentional.... for me, you start with a blank space but it doesn't mean that you need to put something in it... :)

deadstrength,

thanks for the compliments... :)

I show my kind of design to my clients, and if they like it that way then I am happy... If clients wanted to add more pics then this kind of album type is not for them and i'll design a different book for them.

when I design my wedding books, I want it to be different all the time and I think that it all will depend on a photographer if he/she will fill every single inch of the spread with pictures or just 1 picture a spread :)....

ben

haha! great mindset you have!
must learn more from you people already :bsmilie:

In design speak, white space is a designer's best friend.

To TS, love the clean, minimalist layouts.
Draws attention to the images.

Hey,

Just wondering where did you shoot the photos for 8 and 9?

oh my gosh! im brand new on here, but have been shooting weddings in the US for several years. im hard to impress and you just impressed me SOOOO much! instant fan. great work. love the clean layout and the images are impressive. love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.