My problem with Hyperdrive Colorspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello limwhow .. ok the reason why i ask about CF card is cos Memory World sells Transcend which so far I have zero luck with. Have you tried Extreme 4 UDMA ... wonder about reliability, which is more important than speed for me. sighs. Your card reader is also from Sandisk?
Eh, hehe... my highest is Sandisk Extreme III 16Gb lah. Haven't used Sandisk Extreme IV yet simply because for my camera, the Extreme III is fast enough. As for the card reader, I got those really dirt cheap ones $10+ kind. I really believe I don't need to spend too much on card reader, but for Hyperdrive, it is another thing altogether.

Hey Bro .. try calling Valerie fm Memory WOrld 1st and let her noe of ur problem. She'l guide u on wat might b e cause of e problem. If confirm it's e casing itself u'l will need to bring it back i guess.
Now that's a good piece of information, AdyH!
You must have known this Valerie. I was sitting outside Memory World Funan today noon for about 1.5 hour waiting for them to open, but they remained closed. No sign outside saying if they are open or close for this Monday PH. Tried calling Memory World HQ at Sim Lim also no answer. Maybe whole company closed for PH. But this Valerie, is she from the Memory World HQ at Sim Lim?

Thanks limwhow.

Hi chanxj, as mentioned above, I use Sandisk Extreme III 16Gb. This Hyperdrive Colorspace is SATA one. No problem with reading high capacity CF cards.

Hi, just a clarification. It will have nothing to do whether its sata or ide hdd(or anything order interfaces). The issue here is whether the chipset/firmware can support higher capacity memory cards or is there in fact a malfunction going on. Maybe can leave ur memory card as it is, and go down memory world to do a copying test on another set.

I think you need to upgrade the firmware. It work fine for me and I have using it for years.

Hi airforce1, you have got a point about the firmware. I am going down to Memory world tomorrow to check it out.

Hi, just a clarification. It will have nothing to do whether its sata or ide hdd(or anything order interfaces). The issue here is whether the chipset/firmware can support higher capacity memory cards or is there in fact a malfunction going on. Maybe can leave ur memory card as it is, and go down memory world to do a copying test on another set.
Yes, in fact my good friend Phazed1 has been so kind to have gone down to Memory World at Funan to ask them about my set, and at the same time, to buy his own set of the Hyperdrive Colorspace 500Gb. Because of his help, the good sales-gentlemen is expecting my arrival tomorrow afternoon to show him my case, KIV 1-to-1 exchange. A big thank you to Phazed1!

Hi all,

An update on my problem with the Hyperdrive Colorspace.
Great job by Phazed1. Both the gentlemen David and KK was awaiting my arrival on Wednesday.
They changed the Colorspace casing with no questions asked but just to mention that I am the second case that had some issues with colorspace because of my Sandisk Extremem III 16gB CF card. Later my good bro Phazed1 informed me that this is more of a battery issue with this Colorspace - cannot overheat the battery.
Anyway thenew one works just fine!
Whatever, I think Memory World has been most gentlemanly, and of course, my good bro Phazed1 a great big help!

Hey Limwhow bro, I didn't help much. Anyway without your recommendation I also wouldn't think of going to Funan, and perhaps my hard earned money would have been donated to Epson already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.