My personal review of Sterlingteks' digicam batteries (BP-511, NB-2L, EN-EL3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulpix0r

Oct 2, 2002
West
Main store website
Buy from here cheaper for some reason?

I have been using Sterlingtek's batteries for 2 years, and have tried 2 particular models, the BP-511, and now the NB-2L, and I have nothing but praises for their top quality 3rd party batteries.:heart:

My first experience with their batteries was their huge capacity 1800mah BP-511 with my 300D. It was well recognised in the DPReview forums, so I decided to take the plunge, and bought them on eBay. Took about 10 days to arrive, and I used them for a year. The difference between the original Canon one, and Sterlingtek's batteries was at least 200 more shots, and it lasted me WAY longer than the original Canon one after testing out two fully charged batteries and getting the same results TWICE.

A friend of my were impressed with their BP-511, and he got for himself 2 of the EN-EL3 1600mah for his D70, and after his own tests, he got 150 more shots than his own original battery! He never looked back too, and the batteries are well into 2 years, and still going very strong.

As for me, I upgraded to the 350D soon after a year, and went back to get their batteries again online, this time the 1500mah(!!) NB-2L batteries, and it still lasts LONGER than Canon's own batteries. Due to lack of time, I could not organise a MO, and it was taken over by another CSer.:bheart:

So what is my conclusion of their batteries? At SG$55 for 2 pieces of their NB-2L and around SG$50 for two pieces of their BP-511 batteries, they are not only cheap, but extremely well made, and definitely not your stereotypical 3rd party batteries.

I can vouch for Vulpix0r, I get great longer lasting batteries for my 350D for the NB-2L from his recommendation despite not able to finish the MO. :thumbsup:

did you all buy this online, or is there a store I can go to in SG?

The batteries can only be bought online unfortunately. Maybe someone interested can start a MO here?

It's been 6 months since I last bought the NB-2L batteries from Sterlingtek, and they are still going strong despite heavy weekly usage for 2-3 months, and I haven't noticed any significant drop in my number of shots. This just proves that these batteries are worth every cent, and this is my own personal testimonial for Sterlingtek quality.

Vulpix0r said:
It's been 6 months since I last bought the NB-2L batteries from Sterlingtek, and they are still going strong despite heavy weekly usage for 2-3 months, and I haven't noticed any significant drop in my number of shots. This just proves that these batteries are worth every cent, and this is my own personal testimonial for Sterlingtek quality.
Hi Vulpix0r, are you intending to organize a MO for this NB-2L battery? Looks really neat. I need to get another spare battery for my 350D before I go on my overseas trip during CNY. Thanks! :lovegrin:

Sorry man, would like to, but got no time due to NS...

Status
Not open for further replies.