MY PAPER Weekly feature on photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

susze

May 2, 2007
Hi there. I am a new newbie. i.e very very new to DSLR. :)
Found something really useful for fellow newbies.
Do check out My Paper (WO BAO)'s Friday edition.
They'll be having a feature on practical photography tips every Friday. (Heard there will be five more feature articles to go.)
The articles are written by their very own photojournalist with very well-taken pictures that serve perfectly as teaching examples to illustrate the theme of the feature.
Last friday's feature was about framing a picture.
The title read:"The frame in the frame".
How apt!
Anyway, the feature is bilingual and a breeze to read. :thumbsup:
I'll be cutting them out for myself as some sort of a newbie manual.
Hope they'll be useful to you too.

Does it had a website?

Yes.
It's http://www.mypaper.sg
They have this cool FlipViewer where you can flip the pages of the papers including those of past issues.
Happy flipping. :)

Hi there. I am a new newbie. i.e very very new to DSLR. :)
Found something really useful for fellow newbies.
Do check out My Paper (WO BAO)'s Friday edition.
They'll be having a feature on practical photography tips every Friday. (Heard there will be five more feature articles to go.)
The articles are written by their very own photojournalist with very well-taken pictures that serve perfectly as teaching examples to illustrate the theme of the feature.
Last friday's feature was about framing a picture.
The title read:"The frame in the frame".
How apt!
Anyway, the feature is bilingual and a breeze to read. :thumbsup:
I'll be cutting them out for myself as some sort of a newbie manual.
Hope they'll be useful to you too.

Thanks for sharing sis. It'll definitely be useful to newbies like me. ;)

Glad to hear that. Let's learn together. ;)

Hey, I saw it too. Nice! The photojournalists made it easy to read and comprehend. Excellent and relevant illustrations too. :thumbsup:

Hope to see more of their features in future.

I went to the site but couldn't find the feature mentioned. :dunno:

My Paper had ran a series of articles extracted from a photo magazine before. But the latest feature article I saw last Friday which is a kick-off piece to subsequent features on Fridays are written by their own photojournalist. :)

No worries cos the article is bilingual. :)

Thank you for sharing the information, and I think it is helpful for newbie like me but my Chinese language is no good, maybe get someone to translate for me.

Thank you for sharing the information, and I think it is helpful for newbie like me but my Chinese language is no good, maybe get someone to translate for me.

Erm... MyPaper is bilingual... and in particular, this article has both english and chinese text... hope it helps.

:)

For the benefit of those who can't find (or too lazy to), you can look at the photojournalist's blog directly for the article! And some of his other works as well...:D

http://jiuhukia.wordpress.com/

ya, the article got english and chinese explaination together.
interesting article yesterday. didn't know this "leading line" thingy until i read it.:gbounce:

I believe those are pass articles of PhotoVideo magazine :think:

As far as I know, none of these articles have ever appeared in any other publication.:)
This is an entirely new series sponsored by nikon and will last for only 6 weeks, not to be confused with the extracts from other magazines like Torque or Photovideo-I.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=3226183#post3226183

Status
Not open for further replies.