My Olympus Mu710 is spoiled! Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernz05

Jun 23, 2009
18 Bali Lane
www.loud.com.sg
Hi! just recently my two year old Olympus MU710 digicam suddenly stopped working right. The lens started making this whirring noice and would come out and then come in again. After a while it stopped coming out all together. Help! I paid $400 for it and now I couldn't use it anymore.

How do I get it fixed?????

You can either send to Olympus service centre or it is now the time to give you the reason to but a new model. 2 years old is time to change:sweatsm:

You can either send to Olympus service centre or it is now the time to give you the reason to but a new model. 2 years old is time to change:sweatsm:

easier said than done.. :( lots of money.. :(

Hi! just recently my two year old Olympus MU710 digicam suddenly stopped working right. The lens started making this whirring noice and would come out and then come in again. After a while it stopped coming out all together. Help! I paid $400 for it and now I couldn't use it anymore.

How do I get it fixed?????

My Panasonic also gets this illness today.. 3 yo.. i bet the LCD needs the lens to be in focus, but the focus sensor in the camera screwed up. :( Mine once I rotate the camera to vertical position, I get this..

2 yrs quite old. These days electronic items like very short life span.

Electronic lifespan is very subjected to usage and storage. They will many poor quality products out there but I noticed that usage and storage plays major factor.

- If the camera battery is not charged consistently or stored dry, the unit will spoil fast.
- Handling, drop and knocks tear the equipment even faster. Sometime it just take 1 drop or heavy knock to shorten its lifespan by 1/2.
- Those with heavier use will likely to see fault while those that is never use will face similar.
- I believed that those who consistently use burst shutter will wear the shutter blade down multiple times faster against one that use single shot of the same number.
- Wipe the exterior properly with cleaning liquid when camera is used near seaside. Salt residue is very corrosive and so is perspiration.
- Your original box is a very good place for growing fungus if left in open with dust as friends.
- Don't ever loop your power adaptor wire around the adaptor, the wire connecting to the adaptor will break. The both ends of adaptor wire must have good slacks. Some notebook adaptor designed a 90 degree angle join to reduce (not prevent) breaking from coiling.

Dry storing has proven to be very consistent, unfortunately equipment that has rubber belt or rubber disc thing will still brittle. But I noticed digital camera seemed to be able to store well for years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.