My Oh So Cute Pentax Q

zoom3

May 18, 2007
Singapore
Just couldn't resist this "Q''tie pie. Really wanted the white one but at the end settled for the black. I think it works better with the silver lens. Guess I am a traditionalist. Even the packaging box is oh so cute. Maybe now I have something to impress all those XMM models :bsmilie:

Can't wait for the battery to charge up and take some pics. In the meantime, here are a few pics showing how small it really is. Has a nice weight to it (not heavy but has substance feeling), the body feels solid and the buttons and knobs feel great. And the way the flash pops up and the hinge system to have the flash away from the body is just so sick!

If you have to raid your kid's piggy bank to get one, do it :devil:

It is smaller (W & H) than my HTC Desire
IMGP5409.jpg

My K5 little brother
IMGP5404A.jpg

Cool!
You must one of the first few guys to get it.

Yes, it is sooo cute and small.

So far I have seen the picture of Q in so many web pages. Even the ones with size comparison can be misleading. Only today when I went to Funan and looked at it (well, just the real-size model they put outside, I didn't ask to try the real thing. I went to Funan to buy other stuff), then I realize how small and cute it is. The lens is also smaller than I thought. *must fight the desire to buy* :-(

Sorry too late for any decent photos tonight. Hope can share some tomorrow. No doubt there will be some killer shots from Frank real soon.

Still flicking through the manual to understand some of the options unique to the Q. The rest are pretty standard Pentax stuff. BTW, the manual is 250 pages thick. This is one serious camera ;)

This is the only photo worth sharing tonight. What do you guys think? Does the PQ make the cut (taken in JPG).

IMGP0029.jpg

Last edited:
ooh..another one Bro. You can ask Fengwei out for a duet shoot now!
But for Cosplay shots, stick to the K5. The models may think you are using a toy camera to shoot them! Especially if you have your keys dangling from it! :)

Just couldn't resist this "Q''tie pie. Really wanted the white one but at the end settled for the black. I think it works better with the silver lens. Guess I am a traditionalist. Even the packaging box is oh so cute. Maybe now I have something to impress all those XMM models :bsmilie:

Can't wait for the battery to charge up and take some pics. In the meantime, here are a few pics showing how small it really is. Has a nice weight to it (not heavy but has substance feeling), the body feels solid and the buttons and knobs feel great. And the way the flash pops up and the hinge system to have the flash away from the body is just so sick!

IMGP5409.jpg

My K5 little brother
IMGP5404A.jpg

ooh...this is a cute Q!

Do post some pictures quick even if they aren't stellar. I noticed that once Frank/Fengwei have some competition :) then they get off their butts and start taking shots and posting :) We have been waiting almost a week!!!

What I really want to see is evidence that the Q is a step up from the LX5 and S95 in PQ.

Last edited:
would love this toy, but my wife will probably kill me

i would've got it if i haven't already invested in a GXR.

can't justify one more small camera. :cry:

Do post some pictures quick even if they aren't stellar. I noticed that once Frank/Fengwei have some competition :) then they get off their butts and start taking shots and posting :) We have been waiting almost a week!!!

What I really want to see is evidence that the Q is a step up from the LX5 and S95 in PQ.

Soon soon. Weekend coming so will have time to play

Have photoshoot tomorrow night, so will give it a real life test. Wonder how my setup will look like with the trigger mounted. I think the trigger will be bigger than the camera, he he :bsmilie:

Soon soon. Weekend coming so will have time to play

Have photoshoot tomorrow night, so will give it a real life test. Wonder how my setup will look like with the trigger mounted. I think the trigger will be bigger than the camera, he he :bsmilie:

Aha! If there is anyone who can pull in the crowds, it will be you :)

IMGP5409.jpg

Congrats on the little cute camera. It sure looks beautiful!

I've had a very busy week, haven't got time to play the Q or look through the photos yet :( Will try to do a post my handson review over the weekend...

FW, your detailed reviews are always a treat!

Ok, I've got a bag of chips ready. Will wait for The FW Show to start..