My Officamate - Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolitz

Mar 23, 2004
Manila
flickr.com
134112143_740450740f.jpg

This was taken last Saturday when we had our company outing at the beach. :)

i like the details captured, but minor nitpick would be dat she turned to the light. currently the details of the facial area is lost.
interested to knwo the setup for this if ure willing to share

incubus said:
i like the details captured, but minor nitpick would be dat she turned to the light. currently the details of the facial area is lost.
interested to knwo the setup for this if ure willing to share

Im using 30D with Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 DG....no flash only available light with reflector on the other side. :) I have more shots of her i only posted this coz for her this is perfect. :D

Perfect? Well, Kim may be, but the picture is not quite. incubus is correct. The face is too underexposed, lost details, hence, very annoying! Becareful of taking portrait with the subject wearing sun glasses, especially large ones. It can dominate the face, as it is doing here, and I found this to be very unfalttering most of the time. You should have used your reflector to compensate. Another thing, the raised arm, very un-natural, looks awkward. And please pay attention to messy hair.

That said, Kim is beautiful.

i don't see any loss of details... except for the black blob of hair in shadows which is not a big deal...

i'm not so sure about the pose tho.. wat's she doing? :)

jOhO said:
i don't see any loss of details... except for the black blob of hair in shadows which is not a big deal...

"If you take one more shot of me... I'll...."

:bsmilie:

nothing to comment on the pose or lighting as i thinks its subjective.. but i know like the DOF n the water flowing ard her..

boen said:
nothing to comment on the pose or lighting as i thinks its subjective.. but i know like the DOF n the water flowing ard her..
Pose and lighting are 2 key components of a picture. Posining especially if it were a portrait. Both are responsibility of the photographer to take advantage of and to work with. They are both to some degree subjective, but there are accepted standards. If you don't comment on posing and lighting, not much to say about the picture anymore.

still i believe its subjective..
for example,
i think the lightings being directed onto her is excellent as it shows off her body details very well..but some would disagreed saying the shadow is too harsh..:sweat:
and the messy hair somehow adds to the rugged feel of this pic but of course if her face is lifted up a bit..giving a cool smile will be good.. still somehow people would disagreed..:sweat:
yes.. i dun like the big sunglasses...heh..:bsmilie:
the arm..will stressed fingers.. hey..threader.. explain leh.. maybe u purposely ask her to pose like that or ask her to "zhi you fa hui"..OTOT carry on?

agreed, plus the horizon across the head is a classic mistake, but somehow it doesn't look that bad here... maybe because its the end of a long day in the office :bsmilie:

koolitz said:
134112143_740450740f.jpg

This was taken last Saturday when we had our company outing at the beach. :)

I dunno much about the technical details.... but if one likes it...that's all there is to it...

jOhO said:

concur with your statement. the first pic looks good to me.

she looks like looking at a small round mirror.

koolitz said:
Thanks guyz for all your inputs.... ;)

How about this one...:)

133145702_a4a69b516d.jpg

i like this one, believe this one is better than the first one.

lighting is good, but posing can be better I suppose. I feel abit "straight". Maybe you can ask her to tilt more towards her right side, or forwards. just to break the straight line. hope you know what I mean.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.