my noob photoshoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

icelemontea

Aug 12, 2004
hi guys check out my noob photoshoot session

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=296025320

thanks for any feedback :)

sample
12655astina.jpg

i can't view ur link...
in any case... the sample pic u got there,
i think u over PSed it... or is the background already like that when u took the pic?
colours a bit dull, maybe u could try taking e pic in brighter conditions. =)

this picture: not enough DOF, I would prefer the whole logo to be sharp
point 2: messy background, but good use of bokeh, what is the black triangle thingy?
headlight? it is distracting and does nothing for the picture.

sorry bokeh=?

this is non PS it was on a bright sunny afternoon so i had to play around with the ISO...background is meant to be blurred but the logo not....the black triangle thing is the car's pop up headlight...neat eh? :p

i set it at the highest f so the background would be blur....using a 300D with 18mm lens

thanks for the feedback! :D

I always thought Astinas were cool during their time. concur with the logo having more DOF. Next time use your DOF preview button to check first. :D

icelemontea said:
sorry bokeh=? this is non PS

Bokeh is Japanese for the out-of-focus areas on a lens. "Good bokeh" means that they have an even, soft quality. :)

too little DOF....nuttins really sharp le...and the spot light coming out like tt abit funny...

perhaps u have another from another view??

juz my 2 cts...

cheers..

seriously i'm still figuring how to use my DOF button.....pls guide

icelemontea said:
seriously i'm still figuring how to use my DOF button.....pls guide

Ok. For starters, the lens is always opened to it's widest Aperture in its natural state. So if you set an aperture of f3.5 (assuming that's the widest) and focus on something, you'll hear something moving but what you see in the viewfinder will not change when you press the DOF preview button.

When you set anything smaller than f3.5 (say f8 for example),focus on your subject and press the DOF preview button, the viewfinder will get darker PLUS, you'll notice that the background behind your subject will get clearer. Try it out. It may take a while to notice this.

Try the same technique with different distances between you and the subject, or with the subject and the background.

when i focus the viewfinder will change leh
say when i focus the nearer object the bkgrnd will be blur...if i focus the bkgrnd the nearer subj will be blur...

icelemontea said:
when i focus the viewfinder will change leh
say when i focus the nearer object the bkgrnd will be blur...if i focus the bkgrnd the nearer subj will be blur...

Correct, and that is due to 2 reasons:

a) Viewfinder sees what the lens sees
b) What you see in the viewfinder is already the lens at its widest aperture

Focusing and depth of field are two different things, but they correlate.

i'm attending SLCC's course this coming sunday....would they teach such things? really hope to learn more :)

icelemontea said:
i'm attending SLCC's course this coming sunday....would they teach such things? really hope to learn more :)

Seek and yee shall find.

Status
Not open for further replies.